1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[#BeMoreLikeEurope] France Wants to Ban the Burkini

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Cohete Rojo, Aug 26, 2016.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

None. It's stupid. It's misogynist.

What is your point?

2. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

In the pool in my gym, there is often one woman who wears the burkini. She is usually accompanied by a fat, out of shape Arab guy who I assume is her husband. It would really make more sense for him to wear that thing than for her.

3. Dei

Dei Member

Great post. Except for this part, I have to say, since France has open borders with the rest of the EU, this is not true.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Can they ban the appletini too while they're at it?

5. Nook

Nook Member

Second and third generation Muslims are in general not near as religious or fundamental as first generation Muslims in the West. I know quite a few Muslims having grown up in Houston and then graduate school. Half of them no longer practice or are atheist now.... Especially women. Several women I know converted to Catholicism and had their children Baptised in a Catholic Church. Their parents were not happy about it but it didn't stop them.

Exposing people (especially those most oppressed by Islam) long term to a progressive secular society causes believers to often stray from their faith.

Concerning the Middle East being "tired of being bossed around by the West"; no one bosses around Arabs like their ****ty political and religious leaders. Further since we were talking about first generation Muslims in the West, they decided to LIVE in the West so them must not dislike it that much..... Further second and third generation Arabs often don't have as strong of feelings as many have never stepped foot in the Middle East and have little connection with it.

Just my two cents, having dated and porked many Muslims and married to an Arab.

6. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

This guy loves to throw in his married to an "Arab" and "porked" many Muslims as though he is an insider and has stuck it to the Muslims to get his revenge. LOL, you are hilarious. Thanks for the laugh. Now move out of your mama's basement.:grin:

7. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Love the hateful undertone in this post, keep at it boss.

8. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

the US would be like Europe in a case like this. They would reverse such a silly ban like France did.

Thank you for waiting until the reversal of the ban took place before bringing awareness, OP

9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

The only ones who are hateful are the ones blowing people up and calling for "death to all kuffars".

10. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I didn't interpret it as getting revenge on Muslims for having consensual sex with Middle Eastern women. It's a humble brag about how he got some on the internet. More than that though I think he was demonstrating that over time when people are introduced to a new culture be it moving to a new country for instance and there is a clash, it's usually the second and third generations of that family that adapt better than first generation immigrants. Hardcore religious Muslims may not stray from their faith if they're first generation. However their offspring and their offspring's offspring are certainly more likely to.

11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Unfortunately we are seeing the opposite of this phenomenon in parts of Europe especially in the UK. It's the younger generations that tend lean more sympathetic to ISIS's cause.

12. dmoneybangbang

Not just Muslims, but 2nd and 3rd generation are pretty well adjusted to a secular country.

Agreed.

We prop up and depose of their leaders based on our whims.

13. London'sBurning

I don't really buy that. You come from a Muslim background correct? You fought opposite extremist ideologies serving in the Marines. I can only assume you're a second or greater generation from a family of immigrants. And I can only assume you're not the only person out there that's separated themself from their family's religious background. I'd be a third generation Catholic if I continued to practice that faith but I don't. I think it's just more natural to stray away as more and more evidence continues to debunk religious practices.

14. apollo33

apollo33 Member

North American Muslims are far less radical due to economical status an strict immigration filtering.

It's not really comparable to European Muslims who came from different backgrounds with a large percentage living in relative poverty.

15. London'sBurning

You mean radical Muslim terrorism in the U.S. isn't as bad as some posters on here want me to believe? ;)

16. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Well at fchowd pointed out

when these successful doctors have NEET kids they run home to mama religion to solve their problems. RE: Boston bomber, orlando shooter.

17. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Hate is not that limited, your thought process is lacking.

18. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

When you see a woman with the signs of spousal abuse, you need to speak up.

19. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

.....spoken like a true man, let me solve the women's problem by forcing them to do what I think is right.

Funny how in the Olympics female volleyball players athletes had to wear bikinis with certain cuts across their bum, forcing sexualization. Women's right are lacking sorely all over the world. I like how all the men on here get on this burkini hate yet hardly anything is ever posted on women's issues otherwise.

20. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

It would be a great point if it were true...

[​IMG]