1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Voting For or Against?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Haymitch, Aug 25, 2016.

?

What is your motivation for your vote?

Poll closed Sep 14, 2016.
  1. For Hillary

30.4%
  2. For Trump

3.6%
  3. Against Hillary

14.3%
  4. Against Trump

51.8%
  1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Are you voting for Hillary or Trump, or are you just voting against Hillary or Trump?

Seems like every criticism of one candidate is defended with criticism of the other candidate. Almost no one here really supports either of these two; they just despise one candidate more than the other.

I know this is not unique to this election but I thought it'd be interesting to see who really likes Hillary and who really likes Trump, as opposed to who thinks one is a bigger threat than the other.

This question is intended specifically for people who plan to vote for either Hillary or Trump; it's not for 3rd party voters or non-voters.

2. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

My wife and I are voting against Hillary Clinton! There's just something about her face that makes me want to punch it. It's not her hair or what she says, it's just her face. I guess the left could say the same thing about Donald Trump. I hope that answers your question. LOL

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

It does! Thanks, RP.

4. CCorn

CCorn Member

For Johnson?

5. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Why did you leave out Gary Johnson? A huge group of people are voting against both Hillary and Trump.

1 person likes this.
  6. CCorn

CCorn Member

Haymich hates us all. I'm voting against him!

7. Major

Major Member

Seems like a great to vote for or against someone.

8. Major

Major Member

* great reason

9. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I think a social worker would be more interested in those sentiments than anyone "on the left."

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Against Trump.

DD

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Because that'd mean I'd have to add like 80 more options to the poll:

And so on

Plus, how many supporters does be actually have? Like 1% nationally right? Maybe 4-5 here. And you 4 or 5 ain't worth blowing up my poll.

12. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I would frankly vote against the people who objectively thought Trump was the best option out of handful of genuinely experienced and engaged candidates who presumably aligned with their own ideological beliefs, people who can't crack open an encyclopedia and easily spot three or four past examples of the likely global catastrophes a Caddyshack villain like Trump could bring about, or are so ****ing stupid and insulated that they confuse their own boredom and frustrated confusion with political principle. If I could vote against the people who made broadcast reality television or the Kardashian heirs a thing, or brought pro wrestling back from oblivion in the early '90s, or made comic book movies marketable again after Joel Schumacher, I probably wouldn't need this as an outlet.

13. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Lol what a great way to vote for a presidential candidate. I could care less about the look of a candidate, it is what they want to do with the country once elected.

14. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I am in the "pissed off Republican voting against Trump but can't in good conscience vote for Hillary so I'm voting for Johnson even though his foreign policy philosophy is silly and I know he's really weird and can't possibly win" camp.

15. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

I plan to write in Pericles.

[​IMG]

16. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

There is no actual mechanism to "vote against" candidate. You can only "vote for" someone. Writing-in Paul Ryan or Deez Nuts is not a "vote against", it is a "vote for". If there were a such thing as a negative vote which adds a negative count to a candidate's total, then yes, you could "vote against" a candidate.

17. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

who the hell would want voluntarily vote for Hillary?

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Really stupid people.....yet not as stupid as anyone who would voluntarily vote for Trump.

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

The poll question was about what one's motivation was for picking a particular candidate. If your motivation is "well I don't want Trump, so I guess I'll vote Hillary" then you'd choose Against Trump. If your motivation is "I think Hillary will be a great President" then you'd choose For Hillary.

Had the poll asked "Which of these four boxes will you check in the voting booth?" then you'd have a point.

Regardless, I am 100% sure you already perfectly understood the intent of the poll and are just 'Against' my phrasing. Which is fine.

20. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I won't be voting for either of those candidates.