1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wikileaks Releases Nearly 20,000 Hacked DNC Emails

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketsLegend, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Too bad Bernie does't have the balls to call out the BS. This is exactly the point.

Bernie polled better against all Republicans yet they still threw him under the buss. There is a good reason the DNC wants Hillary as their president. And its not for social issues or 'bettering man kind'. There are policies to be enacted and it wont be in favor of the lower or middle class.

2. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

You are proving my point.....

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What policies would Clinton be able to get passed in congress vs. Sanders just out of curiosity?

This should be an intriguing answer (although I expect silence or punting)

4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Found this interesting.
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/06/politics/julian-assange-wikileaks-donald-trump-tax-returns/

WikiLeaks walks back Assange claim on hacking Trump tax returns

Washington (CNN)WikiLeaks on Saturday walked back a claim made by its founder, Julian Assange, that it was "working on" obtaining Donald Trump's undisclosed tax returns.

Assange's remark came at the end of a contentious interview Friday with "Real Time" host Bill Maher, during which the two discussed WikiLeaks' recent disclosure of Democratic National Committee emails and voicemails. Assange, who has vowed to release more information to damage Hillary Clinton's campaign, was asked by Maher, a Clinton supporter, whether he plans to similarly disrupt Trump's presidential prospects.
    "Why don't you hack into Donald Trump's tax return?" Maher asked.
    "Well, we're working on it," responded Assange, who did not provide further information.

But a message from WikiLeaks' official Twitter account Saturday morning dismissed Assange's statement, claiming it was meant in jest.
    "WikiLeaks isn't 'working on' hacking Trump's tax-returns. Claim is a joke from a comedy show. We are 'working on' encouraging whistleblowers."

WikiLeaks isn't 'working on' hacking Trump's tax-returns. Claim is a joke from a comedy show. We are 'working on' encouraging whistleblowers
    9:49 AM - 6 Aug 2016
    2,632 2,632 Retweets 4,916 4,916 likes
    Trump has repeatedly refused to release his tax returns to the public, a common practice for modern presidential candidates, saying he's under audit.
    The bucking of the decades-long tradition has fueled considerable criticism and speculation over what the documents might contain, including whether Trump has any business dealings with Russia.
    The US rival has been accused of being behind the hacked DNC emails, and the resulting controversy led to the resignation of DNC Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz and the ouster of several other top DNC officials. Assange told CNN last week his organization has "more material related to the Hillary Clinton campaign."

"Why haven't we seen anything hacked from the Trump campaign?" Maher asked Assange, who was speaking via satellite from the Ecuadorian embassy in London, where he faces extradition over sexual assault allegations. "I mean, obviously we know these (files) came from Russia. It looks like you are working with a bad actor, Russia, to put your thumb on the scale, and basically, f--- with the one person who stands in the way of us being ruled by Donald Trump."
    Assange pushed back, saying, "Everyone knows the source of what we published. The source is the Democratic Party."
    Assange also swiped at National Security Agency whistleblower Edward Snowden, who recently criticized WikiLeaks for its "hostility to even modest curation" of its document dumps. The WikiLeaks founder said he "saved (Snowden's) ass," and implied Snowden's recent criticism of WikiLeaks' tactics was in pursuit of a pardon from President Barack Obama.

5. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/d99E4R4GS9Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Clinton aid Huma Abedin had access to Clinton email address used for classified emails<a href="https://t.co/G3DusQy1ZQ">https://t.co/G3DusQy1ZQ</a> <a href="https://t.co/QmoEn8DDg5">pic.twitter.com/QmoEn8DDg5</a></p>&mdash; WikiLeaks (@wikileaks) <a href="https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/763112662142164992">August 9, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

1 person likes this.
  6. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Not sure what damage was done. . . .

Is wikileaks now releasing the classified emails that Huma read? Guess she won't be the only one reading them now. . . .

7. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

http://time.com/4446276/hillary-clinton-emails-foundation-state-department/

8. grt004

grt004 Member

This morning, Fox news went "House of cards" and suggested that a DNC representative who supposedly leaked the information to wikileaks was killed to further prevent more information from being leaked.

9. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Kind of amusing to see top officials in government typing like teenage girls, "what flight u on?" haha

10. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Well it is, at the very least, an interesting topic considering Assange's statement. He died under interesting circumstances, that's for sure. If he was indeed planning to speak to the FBI about a case regarding Clinton, as I believe his mother has said, than it's even more interesting.

I don't buy into these conspiracy assassination stories, but I'm not naive enough to believe it's out of the realm of possibilities. To be clear, I'm not saying I believe Hillary had anything to do with this personally.

11. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Isn't the RNC's JOB to assist with fundraising and electing Republican candidates. Just goes to show further that Trump isn't a Republican, he's just hijacked the name so he could have a "base." They don't need his authority to campaign on his behalf. Trump had to file to run as a Republican. They absolutely have the right to campaign using his name...

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Well the Trump-NAMBLA-Donation-Michael Jackson death rumors are, at the very least, an interesting topic considering Assange's statement. He died under interesting circumstances, that's for sure. If he was indeed planning to speak to the FBI about a case regarding Trump-NAMBLA, as I believe somebody has said, than it's even more interesting.

I don't buy into these conspiracy assassination stories, but I'm not naive enough to believe it's out of the realm of possibilities. To be clear, I'm not saying I believe Trump had anything to do with this personally.

13. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Ok, mock me. Very mature.

14. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

which make you wonder --- why not just text?

15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Well, it follows Trump's own approach. He says things like "people tell me" or "I have heard that..." and then throws out whatever thing he wants to say, regardless of whether its true (and already been proven false) or not.

16. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

She could ask the congress to increase pell grant and allow more students to get on pell grants for example, but Bernie would probably try to ask for free college for all.

17. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

18. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Believe or not, CBS, ABC, and CNN have featured hits on Clinton as the main story. Trump has just managed to **** up badly enough for those stories on Clinton to get pushed down the page and replaced with the latest Trump. If Trump just read the script and shut the hell up, you'd see more Clinton lead stories.

19. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So Assange is coming hard for Clinton. Seems both a mix of the personal against Clinton and a hard hit against the US by influencing our election.

Since Roger Stone is bragging on his contact with Assange. And since Assange has said he has more documents (a headline replace by the attacks on the Khan family), I guess we will be looking at an October document dump.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/hillary-clinton-wikileaks-seth-rich-conspiracy

20. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Ok, and what does that have to do with me? I'm not Trump, I didn't repeat a Trump claim. I don't even know if Trump has made a comment about this staffer's murder, or Assange's comments sense. The NAMBLA accusations are in no way similar what I said, especially considering I didn't accuse, or even infer that Clinton was involved. In fact, I put a disclaimer so people wouldn't take my post as loony conspiracy theory.

Murder aside, the fact that Assange is possibly indicating a DNC staffer might have leaked the 20k emails is significant enough. Something that I think deserves to be discussed in a serious manner.