1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hillary armed ISIS

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by aussie rocket, Aug 9, 2016.

1. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Friends,

How doubtful should I be of this source. Just how reliable are the Pakistan Daily News?

http://en.dailypakistan.com.pk/world/hillary-clinton-made-a-small-fortune-by-arming-isis-wikileaks/

WASHINGTON – In a sensational development, the Wikileaks founder, Julian Assange, has revealed that US Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton earned $100k while she was director of a company tasked to arm the rebels in Syria.

In an interview with Democracy Now, Assange claimed that along with the office of the Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton was also the director of the French company Lafarge, which was handling the US’s secret mission in Syria that aimed to topple the government of President Assad.

Should I wait and see further sources reporting this story - or immediately post it on my Facebook account and tell my friends that I am Australia's political news breaker. Just like the 'Downunder Woj'.

1 person likes this.
  2. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

From the link:

Wait, what?

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't write it off totally, but I wouldn't buy it at face value either. Assad is one horrible human being and one of the worst dictators in the world. So arming rebels isn't necessarily a bad thing. There are numerous rebel groups there all wanting to topple Assad. ISIS is only one of them.

I want to see more proof and make sure that A. It happened. and B. The rebels her company armed were actually ISIS.

4. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

That lady just has a bad judgment

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

What a load of crap.

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

7. Major

Major Member

I'd think the first question you'd want to ask is "wouldn't it be weird and unlikely for a US SoS to be on the board of directors for a company?" And maybe worth googling.

1 person likes this.
  8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Looks like it is misrepresenting what Lafarge is. It's a French cement maker, who did negotiate with IS to continue doing business -- not "tasked to arm the rebels in Syria." This was news a few months ago releasd in the French paper Le Monde.

http://www.france24.com/en/20160621-france-lafarge-islamic-state-group-jalabiya-syria

Also, looks like Clinton was on the Board of Directors in 1990-92.

So the OP article seems to be click bait, in an attempt to be early to press on bigger Assange leaks coming to a theater new you. Assange claims to have more info to release later. But I don't think the Lafarge news is it.

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

All around the country, some of my friends are saying that they are discovering some VERY interesting things regarding this story and possible Trump NAMBLA donation connections.

You're going to be AMAZED when you see what they're finding. Believe me, you're gonna be amazed.

10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Haven't read any of the emails but it would have only made sense for us to arm ISIS based on our government's belief of overthrowing Assad. I had just assumed we were arming them in an indirect fashion based on our history in the Middle East.

11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes I've seen this being posted around about "Hillary Clinton's ISIS Connection!" From digging into yes she was on the board of Lafarge back in 1992 long long before DAESH existed or there was a civil war in Syria.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/12/08/AR2007120801551.html

There is some question though of a large fine levied against Lafarge by the EPA in 1992 that was reduced when Bill Clinton came to office but any Clinton ISIS ties are spurious given the how long ago she was involved.

12. Exiled

Exiled Member

Assad forces retreated from large territories in the south,east and North which were given to ISIS. Despite having the military supports of Iran/Russia he can't defeat 85-90% of the population of 20 millions. He mainly remains to the Western coast and tried to take over large strategic cities while ISIS working their magic to do three things
    1-distract the Rebels
    2-convince international community that Assad is the best alternative, choices to be limited between him vs. iSIS
    3- rally support of different minorities by using ISIS scare tactics

now that ISIS is somehow weakening in Syria , he is trying to use Kurds as the next shield ,specially they are more accepted by the Russians (as usual they are given -false hope of Kurdish state )

As for the US role , it's basically taking the back seat and let the Russian take the credit or the blame and casually expressing deep concerns, as for arming rebels...it was more of gathering intelligence and monitoring arms smuggling to prevent anti-craft missiles so if wont be used against Israel

13. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I wouldn't be surprised at all. Remember this? So, what does that say about ISIS then? Kind of a . . . manufactured thing? Kinda like we had a war against Hussein based on an illusion?

[​IMG]

14. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

This just in:

Middle Eastern Alliances Are Fluid
    Rebel groups said to be untrustworthy, seeking only arms for their personal power

15. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

When it comes to Trump supporters:

16. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Correct. Nothing really new. the hawkish Hillary has been down, if for no other reason than domestic political power, with the neo-con/Israeli regime change plan for the entire Middle East. lol that we have become concerned with Assad as a brutal dictator when we were happy enough a few years before when he tortured folks for us that we renditioned there.

We pretend that there is this significant number of moderate almost secular rebels on our side that we need to arm. After the initial few weeks of democratic demonstrations there seems to be few if any of these moderates fighting. .

The story wrt to weapons and Al Qaeda/ISIS types has taken many forms such as once newly armed and trained 90% of our new trainees switching sides or fleeing and abandoning their weapons. When this happens repeatedly the plausible deniability that we have goes down.

I suspect that as in Afghanistan or with the army we trained in Iraq many join "our" trained forces for a paycheck but have little interest in much fighting

17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Let's play the connection game. Trump has Russian surrogates in his campaign. His campaign manager has STRONG ties to Russia. His top economic advisor has written in favor of Russian position in the world, while attacking the US. He is also bought and paid for by Russia.

18. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

Hillary could drink blood from a babies decapitated head on stage and she'd still get cheers from her zombie army. (shills and uninformed included)

before I get labeled as a Trump supporter.. imo he sucks too. He is an entertainer and knows how to push buttons.

19. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Still heart broken over Jeb or Romney?

20. Nook

Nook Member

This is great news for McCain!