1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Quick 5 Question Survey on Food Delivery Services

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by AstroMechPLZ, Aug 6, 2016.

1. AstroMechPLZ

AstroMechPLZ Member

Hi all,

I am a investor (as well as a Clutchfans member since 2007) looking at a potential investment in the food delivery space, and need help with a survey. If you have time, could you please answer the following 5 question survey (either reply here or PM me)?

As an incentive, I will donate $2 to the tipjar for every unique response until Wednesday, Aug 10 at midnight EST. Please do not abuse this!

Mods, please move to classifieds if you think it's more appropriate there.

Thanks!

---

1. Do you ever use independent food delivery services (i.e. Grubhub, Seamless, Eat24, delivery.com, Postmates, Munchery, Uber EATS, Amazon Prime Now)?
    a. If yes, which ones? Please rank by most often used to least often used.
    b. If no, why not? Congrats, after answering this, you are done with the survey!

2. About how often do you use these services?
    a. Once a month or less frequently
    b. Few times a month
    c. Few times a week
    d. Every day or more frequently

3. Of the services you do use, could you please rank them from best to worst on an overall basis?

4. Could you please rank the following attributes from what you care about most to what you care about least:
    a. Price
    b. Selection
    c. Timeliness / Reliability
    d. General User Experience (website/app interface, intuitiveness of ordering process, etc.)
    e. Customer Service
    f. Any other attributes you care about?

5. Of the two attributes that you care about most in question 4, please rank the services from best to worst.

6. Any other comments?

2. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

1b

We lack the patience to wait for the food to be delivered. Driving to a restaurant and ordering appears to be the fastest way to get food in our mouths.

3. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

1c?

Have in old apartment complexes. Current complex it's kind of complicated to describe where to park and how to find my apartment, so haven't bothered.

2 c

Used to use Grubhub pretty frequently (now again don't though).

Grubhub was the only one I used. The others weren't available or I wasn't aware of them.

A C D E (B to me seems to be more on the restaurant than the delivery service)

Only have used Grubhub.

My only real issue with Grubhub was most of the restaurants have minimums for delivery that required ordering more food than really needed if wanting delivery.

I am a little more leery using a 3rd party delivery service rather than the restaurant's people. I'm coming around more on the idea though.

4. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

1b

Cheaper to pick it up myself.

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

1b, I don't feel like paying a middle man for food when I can just get it myself for cheaper. I'm just a frugal(broke) person. I also would worry about the delivery people messing with my food, I've seen some sketchy looking people deliver food.

I used door dash once when babysitting (paid for by the parents). It was fine for that particular situation, took like 1.5 hours from order to delivery. Just not something I would personally use again, but I can see the use for people who aren't as frugal or can't / don't want go out.

Weird thing to me is a lot of the restaurants on the websites are Pizza/Asian food that already deliver. Kind of defeats the purpose of the service.

6. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

I live in SF, in case that matters for your purposes.

7. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Oh I guess I should have mentioned that I have used GrubHub and Eat24... both only once. Don't like the selection on GrubHub, as they seemed to be mostly lower end restaurants. Nothing wrong with that, but if I'm wasting money to get food delivered, I might as well get better food. Eat24 had a little better selection, but they f'd up my order pretty bad, and customer service was a nightmare - long hold time as well as rude rep... whereas DoorDash/Caviar will immediately re-send your order if it's messed up.

8. Buck Turgidson

Isn't every time you go to a grocery store "paying the middle man"?

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I'll answer later for the $2 tipjar promise. I don't really use directly, but do buy delivery from restaurants that use it. Explain more, later.

Quick question for anyone: I'm more interested in these delivery services going to the grocery store for me. Anyone use that?

2nd question: They claim now to go to Costco. But how does that work? Do you need a Costco membership card, too?

10. Buck Turgidson

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TK3wRamLsxY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Not usually as delivered food tends to suck but when I do order for delivery I generally call hotballa's and get my dry cleaning at the same time.

12. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Yeah, I use InstaCart all the time... they are great. You're basically paying an extra $5-$10 to not have to go to the grocery store.

Yes, they go to Costco. I have a Costco card, but they never asked me for one.

13. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

1. a. Munchery, Eat24, Grubhub, Amazon Prime Now
    2. a.
    3. Muchery/Amazon Prime Now 1st, Eat24/Grubhub 2nd
    4. C B (healthiness specifically) A D E

5. Timeliness/Reliability: Munchery/Amazon Prime Now, then Eat24/Grubhub
    Selection: I don't know how to rank the selection of dishes on Munchery vs. the selection of restaurants on the other 3. I will say that Eat24/Grubhub seem exactly the same in terms of selection. I prefer Munchery in terms of healthy selection.

6. You're comparing different types of services here. Price for Eat24/Grubhub/Amazon is dependent on the restaurant, whereas price for Munchery is independent. The additional service fee is waived for some restaurants with the former 3, but not for others. Overall cost comparison just varies based on what restaurant I pick for the former 3.

#13 kaleidosky, Aug 7, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
  14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

And you don't have the internal struggle of "to return the cart" or "not to return the cart."

So freaking cool. Albeit, that feels like cheating.

15. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Who returns the cart? :grin: But seriously, sometimes I'd rather go to the store, but it's a pain in the ass in city bc I usually walk, so I'm limited to only shopping for what I can carry back.

As for Costco, this must be a somewhat recent development, but looks like they are charging more than in-store. I'm sure they have a deal worked out with Costco.

[​IMG]

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Yeah but the food products at the grocery store are a hell of a lot farther then resturants lol...

Its not like resturants grow the food either or buy straight from the source, so we still pay a middle man for their services. I just don't want to pay a 2nd middleman for something I perspnally can easily do.

17. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

1. yes
    a. Grubhub, only service I use
    2. a. About once every other month
    3. can only speak for grubhub
    4. b, c, e, a, d
    5. can only speak for grubhub

18. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

A) Yes - Uber eats most often, but also Eat24. While in the UK I used Just Eat and Deliveroo.

b. Few times a month

3. Of the services you do use, could you please rank them from best to worst on an overall basis?
    Uber Eats then Eat24.

4. Could you please rank the following attributes from what you care about most to what you care about least:

Selection, Price, User Interface, Customer Service

5. Of the two attributes that you care about most in question 4, please rank the services from best to worst.

See Question 3

6. Any other comments?
    Nope

19. body slam

body slam Member

1b - I've never heard of them.

20. rhino17

rhino17 Member

1. Do you ever use independent food delivery services (i.e. Grubhub, Seamless, Eat24, delivery.com, Postmates, Munchery, Uber EATS, Amazon Prime Now)?
    a. Yes. When in a city with Uber EATS, I use them the most, but we don't have it in Denver, where I live. I will uses Eat24, Postmates, and Grubhub in that order.

2. About how often do you use these services?
    I probably use one of these services once a week

1) Uber EATS
    2) EAT 24
    3) Postmates
    4) Grubhub

1) Price
    2) Selection

3) General user experience
    4) Timeliness / Reliability
    5) Customer Service

1) Uber EATS
    2) EAT 24
    3) Postmates
    4) Grubhub

6. Any other comments?
    Uber EATS is definitely my favorite. They have the best selection, from cheap stuff to high end restaurants. The flat delivery fee of $4.99 is also by far the best pricing of any of these services and probably what keeps me coming back. Postmates has a similar selection to UberEats but depending on when you order, they have tried to charge me over $30 simply as a delivery fee, so I will almost never use their service unless they have a deal going on. EAT 24 has a good interface, I don't always order delivery from them, but I use it a lot just to order food that I will walk to pick up myself. Grub hub is meh, not a particularly good selection, not very inexpensive