1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mike Morrell: Trump is an "uwitting agent" of Russia

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, Aug 5, 2016.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Context: Mike Morrell was deputy director of the CIA under Bush and later became acting director under Obama.

Key lines:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/05/opinion/campaign-stops/i-ran-the-cia-now-im-endorsing-hillary-clinton.html?_r=1

He does give a full throated endorsement of Hillary throughout the piece.

2. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Was just coming to post this op-ed as well. Pretty damaging.

Ouch.

3. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

<iframe width='480' height='290' scrolling='no' src='//www.washingtonpost.com/video/c/embed/98203534-5b04-11e6-8b48-0cb344221131' frameborder='0' webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

You poor desperate creature. I actually feel sorry for you, Beanie Boy.

5. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Putin has definitely played Trump well. And all it took was a few compliments.

6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

privyet comrade!

7. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

dasvidaniya comrade Putin

8. Newlin

Newlin Member

I'm pissed at Russia.

China takes our manufacturing jobs. That's bad enough. But now the USA is losing its edge when it comes to spying, information gathering, and meddling in other Govt's affairs. WE USED TO BE THE BEST.

I don't know who to blame for our decline, but it must stop.

9. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It s actually getting kind of interesting to see who is going to abandon the Titanic, and who is going to stand on deck screaming that the ship is unsinkable all the way into the drink.

It says interesting things about the tribalism in American political discourse. Some people latch onto Democrat/Republican like they do a college football team, following no matter what, fighting for the team no matter how bad it gets.. Others will jettison a turd when it reveals itself to be a turd.

Still trying to think it all through, but there is something interesting about human psychology at work.

If Trump openly declared his allegiance to Satan, and sodomized little boys openly, what percentage of Republicans would keep on fighting for the team, simply because he's the Republican candidate?

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Junior! Are you saying that George W. Bush's Deputy Director of the CIA is just babbling bull****? That he's speaking an untruth? And if you feel that to be the case, can you explain Trump's numerous complimentary remarks about Mr. Putin, and that Mr. Trump didn't seem to know that Putin had ordered the Russian military to invade and annex the Crimea, Ukraine's territory and their key Black Sea naval base. That Donald seemed to have no clue about this fact, as well as the fact that Putin's military also captured the bulk of the Ukrainian Navy?

Well?

11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Here's some more childish fuel for the fire:

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fcgsIDWyeiU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Mike Morrell..

The same Mike Morrell that said Suddam had WMD's thus leading us into a war that has cost hundreds of thousands of innocent lives and broken homes?

Mike Morrell is a failure in every sense of humanity, so please enlighten me fellow Liberals who take stock in his statement as to why I should take any merit in anything he says about Trump? Again, considering he was wrong before, on the grandest of scales, that led to the slaughter of many innocent people, trillons of dollars lost, and a war we are still partaking in.

I'm truly interested

#12 Realjad, Aug 6, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Well? Cat lost your tongue?

14. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This election isn't liberal vs. conservative. Team politics.... Putting party/"side" over country.

15. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I totally agree that the Iraq War Part 2 was a travesty.
    I would also say that anyone is bat**** insane not to doubt anything stated by a CIA employee.

But, I am not sure it's accurate to blame Mike Morrell for the WMD thing, based on my five minutes of research :p

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<iframe class="video-embed" src="https://mediamatters.org/embed/212223" width="480" height="360" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen scrolling="no"></iframe>