1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Whipped in public just for going on a date: Unmarried couples flogged for violating Sharia law in In

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Exiled

Exiled Member

On the bright side, she was't punished by a mass rape

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Well.. that takes the phrase 'glass half full' to a new level...

3. Exiled

Exiled Member

Honestly, I think I will spend my next vacation in Indonesia, I will teach them a thing or two about the proper form of Islam , seems Mathloom ruined their principles

4. dmoneybangbang

Is religion some organic creature? Or is it concept that has to be put in use by people?

And yet the Muslims I know don't resemble a man who lived in a completely different world.

5. fchowd0311

Yes, most Muslim Americans don't marry 6 year olds and hold sex concubines aka sex slaves. You are correct in that assertion.

6. dmoneybangbang

I understand that you have a need for Islam to be evil and the boogeyman. You have deluded yourself that these "good folks" are that way in spite of Islam.

It was made in the context of religion being inherently good or evil. You are merely jumping all of the place and selecting what to reply to.

The person I replied to stated it is the easiest way to make good people do bad things.

Don't jump into a conversation if you can't keep up.

7. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

Poor and uneducated people are more likely to be religious, but it doesn't follow that it makes them more likely to be a terrorist.

Suicide is just as taboo in Islam as it is in Catholicism.

It has had to modernize because massive advances in how the average Occidental person understands the world would render it irrelevant if it didn't. It's the whole god of the gaps fallacy.

The Roman Catholic Church is better than most major religions in this regard, accepting notions like modern cosmology and evolution at least, but it wasn't until the 60s that Jews were pardoned of deicide so I still wouldn't consider it a high bar for forward thinking. And it's still controversial enough with many Catholics that Pope Benedict published a recent book about it.

And in any case, Bill Gates is going to hell, from the views of Muslims and Christians alike, even though he's spending his time and money in Africa trying to bust child mortality rates by cleaning drinking water supplies, instead of peddling myths of an afterlife to desperate people.

The last 100 years includes two world wars and an armed incursion or CIA backed coup in Southeast Asia or Latin America nearly every year throughout the Cold War.

Germany? Guatamala? El Salvador? Chile? Mexico? Haiti? Dominican Republic? Cuba? Panama? Honduras? Nicaragua? Italy? Congo? And who can forget the invasion of Grenada?

And if we include non-Christian, non-Muslim countries, we can add China, Japan, Korea, Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia. If you aren't sure about these things, why are you depending on strangers on a basketball board to inform you?

8. dmoneybangbang

Are the majority of Muslim men married to 6 year olds and hold sex concubines? Source please.

9. fchowd0311

It is one of the easiest ways to make good people do bad things especially with Abrahamic faiths where there is ONE all powerful god thus his way or the highway thus any questionable immoral principles thus as allowing slavery is questioned less because this supreme being allowed it.

No one stated that religion is the soul source of evil. You are still arguing a strawman. Deji didn't say any such thing.

10. fchowd0311

Well seeing as the ONLY COUNTRY ON THE ENTIRE PLANET that has NO RESTRICTION on minimum age for marriage is a Islamic nation(Saudi Arabia) and child marriages are a major source of concern in many other Muslim dominant regions, it's safe to say that Islam helps condone such draconian polices.

I think your problem is you think that a religion's core belief has to center around said draconian notions in order it to be 'bad' or propagate 'bad' notions. No, child marriage is not a 'core principle' of Islam however it is a practice that is condoned in Islam thus it empowers those who marry children as normal acceptable members of society.

#70 fchowd0311, Aug 1, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  11. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

You seem to miss the part that he's a Bengali-American Muslim apostate. He made it clear in this thread that he doesn't consider his own family evil or most Muslims for that matter.

Between slagging a Bengali Marine as a Muslim-hater and mistaking a half-Korean Bayern München supporter for a Brit I find this particularly funny.

12. dmoneybangbang

Among the educated terrorists, engineering degrees are wildly disproportionate than the others. Why do you think that is?

So then they aren't practicing real Islam then?

I am missing your point here.

And so are all those incursions equal?

We split up the Middle East along geographic borders after the World Wars to secure oil. I would argue that oil has been the most important resource in modern civilization.

Not much oil in SE Asia to control... just commies left over from a bygone era.

Latin America has oil.... What did Hugo Chavez think about America?

And how would the loss of life and destruction of property of the Middle East since we invaded Afghanistan and Iraq compare to those countries?

Tell me about the invasion of Grenada and how that compares to the Iraq War.

The bolded has suffered the most due to a crappy war on drugs and others due to our policy on communism.

And how does China feel about our geopolitical policies? Seems like they have quite a military build up going on over there....

S. Korea relies on our military might to keep N. Korea in check.

Japan has gotten over WW2 and now relies on us to keep China in check.

The Vietcong didn't much like us when we invaded.

We can go line by line if you really want to....

Try again. Those things aren't all equal to one another.

How much military hardware do you think has been shipped to the Middle East compared to Latin America and SE Asia over the last 100 years? How about personnel?

13. dmoneybangbang

So then no. A majority don't actually practice what you just said.

14. dmoneybangbang

Obviously. Point it out to me please.

Then why so much disagreement? Perhaps because he thinks that

Because that is in their sig?

Remind me... which one is the Bengali Muslim? Is it the same person as the apostate?

15. fchowd0311

And? Child molesters are protected under the veil of Islam. It allows those who marry children to molest these kids with impunity.

Yes, a majority of Muslims don't marry children because majority of fully grown adult humans aren't attracted to 8 year old girls.

It's still a significant problem in the Muslim world(yes it is a problem in other regions also) and to dismiss it because a majority don't is silly.

16. fchowd0311

So can you elaborate how my statement entails that I believe every Muslim is evil?

This is what happens when you possess zero nuance.

You seem to not process the intellectual capacity to separate the ideology from the individual. It's basically the opposite of racists who belittle or hate all Muslims. "I know good Muslims, therefore Islam is not a problem". "I know bad Muslims, therefore Islam is a problem". I mean, I respect your notion by an entire stratosphere more because I understand your intentions are well. You don't want individual Muslims harmed or belittled.

I'm stating Islam is a problem because if you actually open up the damn Quran and actually study the life of it's founder, it has a plethora of draconian beliefs. My criticism of Islam is at the ideological level. I don't judge individual Muslims.

#76 fchowd0311, Aug 1, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  17. dmoneybangbang

Is that what I have claimed?

I feel the same about you when you can say a billion people who practice Islam have no room for improvement.

I have never claimed that Islam is a religion of peace. I certainly think Islam is a powerful tool to radicalize.

18. fchowd0311

So where have I argued or propagated anything other than this sentiment in this thread? That's exactly the message that I have been arguing with you. You seem to love moving goal posts all the way into your opponent's end zone as in you have shifted your narrative so much in this one thread you basically just made a statement that summaries my entire notion on this matter.

Que?

19. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

From my point of view, it's a stone age backward law, something that does not belong in 2016. Again my perspective. However where did this occur, it's a small province in Indonesia, there are no major cities there (4MM population in a country of 300MM) , so yes I can understand why they still need time to catch up with the modern world. Fact is too many people think the world has moved forward everywhere. It has not, there are people still dying from hunger every four second, there are female babies being murdered across the globe for being a "weaker" sex (India/China), sexual assaults of minors occurs at an embarrassing rate worldwide (even developed nations), heck getting clean water is an issue in a lot of places including developing nations. Most of you folks see this with a lens from the developed world. Put yourself in the shoes of these people, their governments, and the region where it occurred. They are generally from small villages/towns, poor uneducated neighborhoods, areas of poor governance/development.

20. fchowd0311

So basically the more distance Muslims place themselves from the way Muhammad practiced Islam, the more civilized society will be for them? I agree.