1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Whipped in public just for going on a date: Unmarried couples flogged for violating Sharia law in In

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Aug 1, 2016.

1. dmoneybangbang

Religion isn't inherently good or evil, people are.

Aside from better geopolitical policies from the West, I agree that education is the only solution. As long as hundreds of millions of young, Muslim men have no job prospects and no real future, radicalism will spread like fire.

You're in the UK, how integrated are Muslim communities and what is their general employment situation?

2. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

So you are going to educate 1.6 billion people that Islam is "Islam is bad for them".

My 5 year old can come probably come up with a more sensible and dynamic solution. Wow this forum reeks of stupidity.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Answer this question honestly dmoneybangbang. Are Muslims the only victims of colionialsm and economic repression?

So explain to me why Christian Africans or tribal Africans who have been just as victimized by colonialism have never suicide bombed the West? Explain to me why Hindus don't suicide bomb the UK? Weren't they also victims of Western aggression? How many South Americans are suicide bombing Portugal and Spain? How many CHRISTIAN PALESTINIANS used suicide bombs in Israel?

#43 fchowd0311, Aug 1, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  4. Exiled

Exiled Member

You have a muslim family , why don't they blow them self ! Are they like 99.9% other Muslims or they follow different faith

5. fchowd0311

Because my Muslim family were all born into the religion and just assume their natural empathy coincides with whatever bull**** the Quran and hadith state.

For example my mom believes adamantly that slavery under Muhammad was flat out not allowed which is something that even you have to acknowledge is incorrect.

6. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

What makes you think I am in the UK?

7. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

So you think that public floggings for dating are good for them?

8. fchowd0311

We got a Resa Aslan disciple here.

Hypothetically, if I created a religion that stated that all black people are lesser humans, would you consider that a morally reprehensible religion? Just wanting to see if you have a threshold where you would state "Ya, that religion is evil".

BTW, religion is created by people hence religion CAN be 'evil'.

9. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

Religion is the easiest way to make good people do evil things. If we take religions by the books that claim to represent them and not by the feels of adherents, good-natured though they might be, they are all anything but moral.

1 person likes this.
  10. fchowd0311

This EXACTLY! There are plenty of morally sound Muslims on this planet, but that really has nothing to do with Islam.

Almost every decent Muslim I know( I know plenty) are decent IN SPITE of Islam and that pretty much applies to any religion.

11. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

wow smh it never stops

12. dmoneybangbang

Of course not. That was never the point.

I have never claimed Islam to be a religion of peace or they are merely victims. I would never accept that explanation as a "get out of jail card". I am merely trying to open your eyes to the socioeconomic factors that radicalizes young men and women. Providing education and some semblance of a future to look forward is the greatest tool against radicalism.

Why Christian terrorists groups in Africa and the Middle East don't bomb the West is a good question. I think Christians have a very different stance on suicide than Islam, or at least I know Catholics do. Most importantly, Christianity has modernized greatly in the last hundred years so the same missionaries going into Africa and S. America are bringing a different message (in general).

Lastly, I am not sure America and the West has been as militarily involved in heavily Christian countries as Muslims countries in the last 100 years. Oil has been the most important resource in the 20th century and predominately Muslims countries. Ironic in 2016 that the US have the most proven reserves now.... unless Russia and Saudia Arabia want to be transparent to show otherwise.

13. Exiled

Exiled Member

You still did't answer the suicidal part directly, but if I have to take a guess ,maybe it's due to the fact they follow Quran and hadeeth .

Here is a shocking news (google it for double check)

: Arab business men and merchants had greater influence of spreading Islam than armies/wars. Some argue the ratio is 7:3
    As a matter of fact: each land conquered by force lashed back at one point of time .

then do not forget when it comes to India , the main reason it was conquered repeatedly in different era is : class segregations and throughout history ,those who were less privileged aimed for out side help.

-Bangladesh was exclusively muslim after merchants built schools
    -Greater Syria asked for rescue from Byzantine <wesr_east>Empires war
    -Lords of Spain from different territories were using Arab flags to deter their enemies from attacking them decades before Arab stepped foot

To put things in perspective
    -around 1500s Queen Isabel took pride that she did not take a shower once in her entire life [the one kicked Arab/Jew from Spain ] and the Russian emperor took pride that he smelled like dead animals

14. dmoneybangbang

Huh? Nah, just an ex-Catholic who still believes man is inherently flawed.

Sure, if that is the basis of your religion.

Religion is a concept, it's only evil when the person preaching or listening decides to act in such a way.

15. dmoneybangbang

It's about perspective and context. If you were transported back into time when the majors religions were founded, you would probably look around and be amazed at how messed up the world is from our developed world perspective.

As I said earlier, Stalin and Pol Pot didn't need religion to kill in the millions. Add Genghis Khan to the list as he permitted many religions to co exist as long as they bent the knee. Humans are simply inherently flawed with our greed, envy, and wrath.

16. fchowd0311

Religion is a belief system/ideology created by people hence it can be evil.

Your statement doesn't make any sense. A religion can 'be evil' or (let's more precise here) prone to propagating morally reprehensible notions especially if the founder of said religion/ideology was 'evil' or had selfish intentions such as gaining power and women which coincidentally Muhammad did when he created Islam.

17. fchowd0311

But why does that matter in context to the notion: "Islam is a bad idea because it transplants 7th century morality to today"?

You are just deflecting now. Yes, no one stated that religion is the root of all evil. Who stated this? Why are you beating up a strawman?

18. Nook

Nook Member

Wait! This cannot be right! I thought it was Arab culture and not Islam that led to things like this???? I am SHOCKED!

19. fchowd0311

This is a pretty valid point. We have two ENTIRELY different cultures from two entirely different regions of the planet that have experienced two entirely different histories yet both instill draconian Sharia Law. So what do these two regions have in common?