1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Whipped in public just for going on a date: Unmarried couples flogged for violating Sharia law in In

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Aug 1, 2016.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I honestly don't even understand what you are trying to talk about.

2. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

If they were beating them with a suicide vest, I would find it extreme.

But if two consenting Muslims agree to a punishment that is not resulting from a criminal activity, I think its perfectly ok. Oh and we should allow this in the US too.

3. dmoneybangbang

Because it does nothing constructive. Any idiot can tell you the problem but it takes intelligence and courage to actually work towards solutions.

Usually the type of folks that post such nonsense resemble this:

[​IMG]

Personally, all I hear are insecurities out ones mouth when stuff like that is posted.

There is plenty of violence and subjugation and historically without the aid of Islam.

Brush them away no. But what are YOU actually doing about it? How is this subsection of a Rockets fansite constructive?

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Whitewashing in its finest form. Something that Islamic scholars won't tell you. A large portion of 'inovation' under the Ottoman empire was from acquisition of other cultures through CONQUEST.

Another thing they won't tell my family is that the only reason my family is Muslim(south Asian) is that some time down the line, my ancestors were raped and murdered while their temples were desecrated and that's how we are Muslim today.

5. Exiled

Exiled Member

Awesome ,keep it this way ,I can insult you and make threads about Zionist all day long

6. fchowd0311

Because this is a debate and discussion thread that explicitly states that religion is fair game. Why do you not have qualms about any other subject matter discussed un the D&D?

7. dmoneybangbang

Just showing you how your assumption/generalization is incorrect.

Perhaps looking at the socioeconomic conditions of the Middle East and Africa since 1700-1800 and onward would shed some light.

Why is Latin America perpetually impoverished?

8. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

What is the problem, according to you?

9. dmoneybangbang

I don't need Islamic scholars to tell me, just merely need to read.

LOL. Remind me how America became so technologically advanced?

How about the English Empire? Did they place nice in their empire building?

How about Napoleon?

Or how about the general era of colonialism....

And? Is that a solely Islamic phenomenon?

Stalin didn't need a "God" to commit atrocities or Pol Pot since we are talking SE Asia.

10. fchowd0311

Islam was violent well before the 18th century buddy.

11. dmoneybangbang

Am I not allowed to an opinion like you?

I am merely calling ATW a coward who offers no solutions and is merely posting for his/her ego.

12. dmoneybangbang

Hate to break it to you but humans are cruel and violent creatures with or without a sky daddy, champ.

13. dmoneybangbang

Merely you a coward who offers no solutions. Essentially you are Donald Trump.

14. fchowd0311

How did America become so technologically advanced?

It's called the automotive industry and it is by most historians and economists the NUMBER ONE reason the United States became a prominent economic power and it all was home grown with no outsourcing required.

Someone didn't pay attention to their US history class.

'Islamic Golden age' is one of the largest farces primarily due to how much Islamic apologists and scholars bully pulpit their way into academic discussions and white wash the whole era. Majority of 'Islamic innovation' was OUTSOURCED.

#34 fchowd0311, Aug 1, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  15. Exiled

Exiled Member

your claim can't be true ,so ignorant to history.

Mohamed bin Gasem ,the grand leader of conquering great India, was put on a trail under the accusation that he raped a women, 4 natives were the witnesses , upon that he was executed .

16. dmoneybangbang

I am sure the automotive industry, like the aviation industry, didn't benefit much from military innovation.

Essentially, war and preparation for future war has been the catalyst for much of the technological innovations for America from WW1 to the end of the Cold War.

Why has Latin America been perpetually impoverished?

17. fchowd0311

Read and weep buddy.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_conquests_on_the_Indian_subcontinent
    What medieval era Muslims did to the Indian subcontinent is truly despicable and has been whitewashed by Islamic scholars.

Dmoneybangbang wants to come in flat out state that Islam wasn't a problem until the 18th century. That is flat out asinine. And when I actually show him how this WASN'T THE CASE AT ALL he moves his goal post to 'BUT HUMANS ARE ALWAYS DESTRUCTIVE!'. Stop being disingenuous dmoneybangbang.

The only difference between Islam during the Ottoman empire aka 'the golden age of Islam' and today, is that Islam was a dominant power that could stand toe to toe with the other super power during that time, the Catholic Church, militarily thus they were in a position to create their own narrative while today's Islam is powerless relative to the Western powerhouses of today thus no magical 'Islam is peace' narrative can be slighted by us.

#37 fchowd0311, Aug 1, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

The solution is simple, educate people in Banda Aceh that Islam is bad for them and ban Sharia. Since there is no freedom of speech there to say these things - which is a trait of Islamic societies - at least make the rest of the world aware of these problems so that at least some pressure can be put on them from the outside from organizations such as Amnesty International, which I support.

What other "solution" do you expect from the outside? What is yours?

19. Exiled

Exiled Member

Ghandi seems to missed those Wikipedia (my selective sources) articles, otherwise he would had a different opinion
    Quick basic tip:
    Ottoman Empire is different than the Golden Age , different era .

20. dmoneybangbang

No, I picked that time period because that's when colonialism really took off and shaped today's globe. You keep dodging why Latin America is impoverished. How about Africa? It's like the West's meddling and control over centuries had produced adverse effects and we can't figure out why they are mad at us.... It must just be their religion....

The Ottoman Empire came after the Golden Age.