1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump’s hidden tax returns take on new significance

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ubiquitin, Jul 26, 2016.

1. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

The cartoon thread you posted in two hours before posting in this thread.
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=276591&page=2

If you don't even remember stuff you posted today, I don't think you can be taken seriously.

Still you!

[​IMG]

2. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Yah, actually, I did forget about that post. Meh, it happens. Again, you get upset and annoyed at really strange things. But you do you man. ;)

3. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I'm not the only one in this thread who sees your credibility dropping.

4. shorerider

shorerider Member

Proposed trade deal: Returns for Goldman Sachs speech transcripts

5. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

That's alright, I'll survive. You're the one getting bent out of shape. :grin:

6. dmoneybangbang

Just run along. You've been shown to be clueless and not knowledgeable.

7. dmoneybangbang

This.

8. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Almost every audit bring some changes. They are usually small changes based on small mistakes, or recommendations on changes by the IRS based on differing views of the tax code. Trump probably has returns that are hundreds of pages long. I'm sure he has a whole tax department working on his personal returns. My wife is a Tax Director for a very wealthy man and their returns take months to complete.

Every once in a while they get hit with an audit. Usually the CPA for the person and the IRS auditor work together through the returns. The IRS sends the changes or corrections over, the return is refiled and life goes on. This is an extremely normal part of business. Most large returns have some changes just due to the massive amount of information, additional documents, etc. 99% of the time, this is standard business practice, but to the general public that doesn't understand it, it can seem strange that there would be changes to a tax return when most people just do a 1040EZ with a standard deduction. "Trump must be hiding fraud if the IRS found things in an audit!" ...in actuality its just a normal part of the process for most businesses and high net worth individuals.

I could see (and my wife agrees) where it would be dumb to release the documents before the audit was finished. They want to make sure everything is complete and signed off with the IRS with a nice bow before they release.

1 person likes this.
  9. body slam

body slam Member

Does a person running for president have to show their tax returns?

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Lying Hillary hasn't told the truth once in her life. Donald Trump is a amazing father and great leader. If you think differently you are wrong.

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Counter deal. How about tax returns for tax returns?

12. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not by law. It has been traditionally done to demonstrate your financial interests and if you kept tax commitments. It is one way of seeing to whom you might be beholden.

Kinda sad people want to make this into a partisan/team thing. Trump obviously has things to hide. Whatever Clinton my be hiding is a deprecate issue. This issue is about a dude who may have financial ties with a hostile nation in whose favor Trump's foreign policy aligns, a nation Trump asked to hack US servers to publicly reveal emails Trump has claimed contain classified information.

13. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

That's not true. And even if there were changes, they are between the IRS and the taxpayer only.

If there are changes the IRS can't disclose them to anyone. An audit is a poor excuse not to release the returns.

14. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

I think that is the point. After the audit, the return is "clean". If he releases it now, and then has to re-release it later after recommended changes, it discloses to everyone what the changes were.

15. adoo

adoo Member

according to Trump, he has been audited every year forever.

that being the case, since 2015 is under audit, he can always released his completed / "cleaned" returns for 2014, 2013 and 2012

16. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Warren Buffett Challenges Trump to Show Tax Returns, Says He's 'Afraid'

Business magnate Warren Buffett took on Donald Trump over his refusal to release his tax returns -- issuing the real estate mogul a challenge to put his cards on the table.

Speaking at a Hillary Clinton rally in Omaha, Nebraska today, the multi-billionaire joked he would meet Trump "any place, any time between now and election" to go over each other's tax returns. The GOP nominee has claimed that he can't release his tax returns because he is being audited.

"Now I've got news for him, I'm under audit too," Buffett said. "There are no rules against showing your tax returns and just let people ask us questions about the items that are on there."

Buffett instead suggested that Trump is withholding his tax returns intentionally.

"You're only afraid if you got something to be afraid about," he told to the crowd. "He's not afraid of the IRS. He's afraid because of you."

17. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

[​IMG]

<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/26BRJ2RWyw99xkukw?html5=true" width="480" height="554" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="http://giphy.com/gifs/thedailyshow-26BRJ2RWyw99xkukw">via GIPHY</a></p>

18. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

Where are his tax returns?

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

1. He will probably never show them . . . .no way to force him to now
    2. He will make more money than any president in history during his term
    3. Then he will show his post presidential tax returns to prove how great he is. . . . .. .

Rocket River

20. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

He didn't need to release them to get elected, now he probably never will.