1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Khizr Khan speech at DNC

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 28, 2016.

Tags:
  1. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

Please tell me where in the Constitution it talks about political parties or their primaries and how they select a candidate?

2. Major

Major Member

I think you might be under the mistaken impression that RL has read or understands anything about the Constitution.

3. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Please tell me where in the constitution does it say people that don't live in the United States are protected? Remember this was about Americans values.

4. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

All three were Muslims.
    All three were also Americans. Do you want to wage a war against Americans?
    All three were also men. Do you want to wage a war against men?
    Or, if you want to get really specific, all three were American soldiers. Do you want to wage war against American soldiers?

Your grouping of Khan with two killers is stupidly arbitrary. Please explain why your argument is not stupid.

1 person likes this.
  5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Again, the calculus of Yertel McConnell and Paul the Cowardly Ryan has been way off here.

They thought they would somehow railroad this buffoon and at worst they'd hold Congress.

Now he has hijacked their entire party, and is not just a vile buffoon but a dangerous threat. Not just a clown but a Russian toady and a wannabe dictator. He's evil. And he's open about all this.

They need to renounce him before it's too late. History will not remember them kindly for this. Again, when you're losing a decency race with a narcissist like Ted Cruz, you're doing it wrong.

6. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

Wait now you care about all the people killed by terrorist groups? The majority of victims of these groups are Muslim themselves.

7. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I'm sure you'll agree that many people were killed by radical Muslims. So why pick out these three, one hero and two murderers, and group them together?

8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know whether you actually are a Trump supporter and believe the stuff you write or whether you are just trolling the thread but one thing I am certain is that you're not helping Trump.

9. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Why we hate and don't trust the press

[​IMG]

10. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

What two standards?!

12. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Dude why did you lump together a war hero and two murderers?

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Shocking! MSNBC is Democratic-leaning!

As for whether the Democrats "used the Khan family as a pawn": I wouldn't put it that way, but of course they invited they to tell their story at their big political convention to make a political point about why Donald Trump is terrible. This is what democracy looks like, as the Bernie supporters like to chant. The story of Captain Khan, as told by his father, resonated with the country on Thursday night so it is, at the very least, smart election strategy by Team Hillary.

You know who really got used like a pawn by Team Hillary this situation, though? Donald Trump. A smarter candidate would have said "I understand their grief and loss and appreciate Captain Khan's sacrifice, but still believe that my policy is needed to keep all of us safe" and move on. Team Hillary likely anticipated, correctly, that Donald Trump is not such a smarter candidate and there was a good chance that he'd screw up and make the situation worse.

And of course Trump got easily trolled into reacting in the dumbest way possible (as Hillary said he had a tendency to do in her speech) and ended up 1) questioning whether Mrs. Khan didn't talk because Islam, 2) got into a debate about how big a sacrifice he made compared to Captain Khan, 3) accused Mr. Khan of "viciously attacking" Trump, 3) argued that Mr. Khan had no right to question whether Trump read the Constitution (which Mr. Khan, of course, has every right to do as provided under the First Amendment of the Constitution).

And this resulted in more TV interviews, a newpaper Op-ed by Mrs. Khan, GOP officials asked to repudiate Trump and the story being amplified 100 times its original strength. The **** storm arising out of a 7 minute speech on a Thursday is still going on Friday. It is quite a glorious example of an incompetent PR operation.

Josh Marshall's blog below has some thoughts similar to mine: Trump is dangerous not just because (and maybe even not primarily because) that he is a terrible person. Trump is dangerous because he is a stupid terrible person.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/understanding-the-trump-khan-war

Smart terrible people we can work with, stupid terrible people not so much. It's the difference between Tywin Lannister and Joffrey Baratheon.

#373 Carl Herrera, Jul 31, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  14. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

It wasn't lumped. I am so sorry that you can't read. again, not that difficult.

15. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

You think MSNBC is only the news network that presented this hypocrisy? Maybe you should look through the RNC thread and the DNC thread here and realize we have hypocrites here too.

16. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

**** THE MEDIA

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Wow, it is unbelievable how distorted, one-sided and biased the media is against us. The failing <a href="https://twitter.com/nytimes">@nytimes</a> is a joke. <a href="https://twitter.com/CNN">@CNN</a> is laughable!</p>&mdash; Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/759915863600304128">August 1, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Dude, I'm putting you on the ignore list. Your posts are worthless.

18. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Much like Trumph, rocketslegume has become little more than background noise.

19. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

drumpf should try spreading his lies on the bloomberg network.

20. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Oh you call him by 17th century surname. So edgy.