1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Send Bregman back down thread!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Just kidding.

This is the official anti-jinx thread. Bregman will hit a home run tonight.

2. conquistador#11

might as well keep this bum in the line up. have you not heard the season is over. Can't have the local 9 finish with a possible 4-2 home stand. .666 not acceptable.
    F' everybody! oooo shiny object, camila giorgi!

3. what

what Member

Only Bregman's highly-regarded reputation is ready for this opportunity. He isn't. I called it.

Bregman's probably 2 years away from contributing solidly. Dude's been in the minors for a little more than a year and people think he's ready is laughable.

4. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

What posting what things.

Is he sarcastic when he posts? Does he truly believe in what he posts? How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootise pop? The world may never know...

1 person likes this.
  5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Maybe not DH him when there is no viable options if Marwin or Valbuena get hurt.

6. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

The sad part is he's serious. Bregman doesn't look overmatched at all he simply hasn't gotten a hit yet but apparently nobody goes 2 games without a hit. I've been impressed with his approach and actually have more confidence in him now that I've actually seen him play. He's going to stick.

7. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

Altuve went 0-fer last night. I'm ready to DFA him. He's worthless.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

now that the Shawshank tree has died, all hope is lost. He and Reed have looked really overmatched. Shame. But hoping for the best yet! I mean if donut cones exist, anything is possible.

9. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Reed didn't pass the eye test with his swings. Bregman does.

10. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Damn you. :) Good one.

I think he goes 3 for 4 today with close to doing a cycle, but not a home run. Crawford Boxes still look distant to him. It will take him at least five more games.

11. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Yet, on April 25, well before Bregman showed how consistently good he was, you started a thread titled:

"Bregman and Moran are ready for the show"

12. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

I know this thread isn't serious but Bregman has actually put together some really good ABs. Not much to show for it but he has worked the counts, fouled off tough pitches, etc.

13. Buck Turgidson

Oh damn. Too easy.

14. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

i'll be there. He's going yard tonight

15. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

[​IMG]

16. jim1961

jim1961 Member

No one we have brought up this year looks ready for the show. White, Reed, Moran & Tucker have all come up and been sent back down with less than stellar results. Not saying these guys are done. But they certainly have some work to do.

17. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

This is more the norm for fresh call-ups. By delaying their debuts till mid-season or during the pennant drive, it magnifies their AB's/appearances more-so, and thus their failures.

Its tough for contending teams to allow the young guys to get their lumps in... but its a necessary facet towards their future development. Even Trout struggled initially.

18. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I agree. Furthermore, out of White, Reed, Bregman, Moran & Tucker only one, maybe two will stick in the bigs. Some may say OMG! no way! But in reality, one or two out of five is about par.

19. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Ahhhh got me. Jinxy jinx! Hexy hex! Bibbidybobbodybooo!

Is he ready to be an everyday player? Probably no but for a 22 year old going against savvy vet that had it going and a former cy young he look ok. He fit right in on defense. I like his approach at the plate and looks like he's got a good swing. Hell, I like that has an approach, unlike some hacking wastes of roster spots that get daily run.

He's green, no doubt and it would be wonderful to see him contribute this year but I think expectations lay further in the future.

As for the other AAA bids I think singleton was the only pure flop. Reed has a future if he can catch up to big league fastballs. White had a decent start. Moran, didn't catch much of him and tucker...frankly I believe if he had the kind of leeway Gomez has he'd be twice as good.

20. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I know the OP was joking but some people aren't. He has 7 at bats. SEVEN. I mean what the **** are you guys talking about. He may not be ready? Based on that sample size there's already an actual opinion about his future? 7 at bats. Seriously.