1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cartoon removed 2 yrs from air date after fear muslims would attack

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Honey Bear, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-36900310

Moderate muslims continue to succeed in causing the civilized world to fear for their lives when discussing Islam.

They crave the power it gives them. This is what leads to weekly acts of terrorism and the imability of free speech in muslim communities in the west. There's no possibility of accurate , or realistic, self examinations.

No one finds it easier to kill than the brainwashed.

These are "moderate" groups we talkin' bout - not terrorists.

2. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I think YOU are afraid for your life. I'm not.

3. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I say F Mohammed! :eek:

I promise I will never go out on my knees.

4. Nook

Nook Member

Honestly .... Too bad. It shouldn't have been pulled, we have bigger concerns.

5. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah.... Well ....

6. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I don't know why you are being overly aggressive all of a sudden, but it's pretty disappointing

7. Honey Bear

I don't fear snakes, but I sure as hell don't wanna live with em.

I'm showing you the trends that lead to calamities, and why things are, the way they are.

Forecasting trends is pretty universal . . . It why I made my first mil at 22, and you sit at a desk all day for pennies.

8. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

That's an interesting comparison, because I bet you don't live with snakes or Brits. So, what are you afraid of again?

What calamity are you thinking of?

Did you ever think how this kind of statement only makes you look stupid if you're wrong?

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The quote says: "Aggressive measures were taken by Muslim organizations after an illegible page with Arabic on it, in the cartoon, was perceived as a threat."

But that sentence seems to be missing from the page in the link.

If it originally appeared in the article, I wonder what "aggressive measures" its referring to.

1 person likes this.
  10. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

:eek: Outstanding work, durvasa!

Did HoneyBear pull a Melania?

11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Does it really matter?

The real issue is that Muslims are DEMANDING that everyone caters to their sensibilities.

And that there is a real threat if people don't comply, everyone knows at the latest after the attempted murder of the Danish cartoonist - and it got worse with the Charlie Hebdo murders. There were also the South Park threats.

Making a fuss over some page from a stupid old book glorifying a pedophile warlord being in a cartoon for a split second?

Yep, that sounds like Muslims.

It's all a power game.

And idiots who cater to that have no spine.

12. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I personally don't have anything against Mohammed the prophet. I said F'em to get a rise out of radical Muslims.

13. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Well it does matter if HoneyBear is claiming his own words were published by the BBC. . . .

14. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Who cares, that is not the issue addressed in the thread.

Everyone knows about the Charlie Hebdo murders and the attack on the Danish cartoonist.

Instead of being ashamed about these and shutting the hell up with their stupid demands to the rest of the world, Muslims are still whining and complaining about silly cartoons.

That alone should show you that it's not just a few terrorists. They are executing what millions and millions of Muslims approve of - suppression of freedom of speech through murder or threatened murder or constant whining.

15. durvasa

Sure it matters, if the issue here is how much of a fuss they were making and how threatening they were actually being.

And, I don't blame any Muslims for being offended that an animator thought it a good idea to have a character, for no particular reason, step on and slip over page from their sacred text. It would appear that the very intent of such a scene is to deliver an anti-Muslim message, unless we choose to believe their story that they just randomly pulled a page of text and it happened to be from the Quran.

I would similarly expect protests from some Jewish groups if it was a page from the Torah, or from Hindu groups if it was a page from the Bhagavad Gita.

16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Did Hindu groups kill the Charlie Hebdo journalists? Did Jewish groups try to kill a Danish cartoonist?

Intimidation works over a series of events.

17. durvasa

I'm saying the reaction is understandable in this instance, unless there were (as the OP implied) threats of violence and retaliation. The reaction in this case, at least from what was reported in the article, is no different than what I'd expect from any other religious group.

Note: I'm not arguing that Muslims aren't especially sensitive when it comes to perceived insults to their religious faith. I think they are. I just don't think this story really makes that point.

18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

What if the BBC article was ALSO edited, in order to not hurt Muslims' feelings?

You cannot separate "this instance" from other instances.

If the Mafia killed the restaurant owner next to your restaurant and then they come and want "protection money", if they then don't pull their guns, does it matter? Do they still need to pull their guns?

Muslims should be ESPECIALLY ashamed and careful to not make demands regarding cartoons after what happened at Charlie Hebdo. How in the world does it make any difference to their lives if there is a page with whatever text on it in a freaking cartoon for 2 seconds?

It's not about that.

It's about power and intimidation. They don't even need to explicitly threaten anymore. Weaklings like these Channel 5 people already bow down, Dhimmi style, without explicit threats.

19. durvasa

That is possible, sure. Or maybe the sentence originally appeared, but without any evidence to back it up, so an editor removed it.

I believe in holding everyone to the same standard. The fact that too many Muslims horrifically overreact (Charlie Hebdo, Danish cartoons) does not mean that all Muslims must refrain from just reacting as we would expect any normal, devout person to react.

20. Honey Bear

I'm not liable for every word news outlets put on their pages and the changes they make to keep things neutral:

It's a main article on the front page now.

2 years after the cartoon airs and an accidental page blows by the screen, the "Muslim Council of Britain" made sure to not only get it taken down, but get the guy/company fired whoever used it to denote religious scripture. And hey . . . if he gets shot at, he had it coming.

You really think people with this mentality can co-exist with the peaceful world? Do muslims deserve to play the victim and be catered to when at their core - they're violent bullies of free speech, laughter, freedom? It's not hard to see why the Middle East has been a slaughterhouse since the inception of Islam.

Curious about your thoughts on the article below, since I assume most people live in Texas. What other ideology has moderates that would justify death from a cartoon as . . . "poking the bear"? Moderate extremism isn't all hidden in a cave in Iraq.

It's right down the street, homie.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/03/us/mohammed-drawing-contest-shooting/

These are the chain of actions that cause moderates to do extreme things. . The ignorance by yes-men, such as yourself, is appalling.