1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[netflix] Tony Robbins will change your life

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by what, Jul 18, 2016.

1. what

what Member

New documentary, I've been watching this **** and he certainly is the best motivational speaker ever. The guy is the Michael Jordan of motivational speaking.

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I could't make it past the first scene talking to the euro dude, made me cringe.

3. what

what Member

Was that the guy that had the red shoes?

That was some stupid stuff, but the guy himself had no real good reason to be suicidal and Robbins knew it.

An hour into it he talks to a woman and you watch how he deals with her. She had some serious **** to be suicidal about. It is much different.

4. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Didn't he burn a bunch of folks in Texas a few weeks ago?

5. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

How did this guy outlast Tommy Vu, Kevin Trudeau and all the other UHF infomercial grifters from the '90s.

6. what

what Member

Are you saying those others were more legitimate than Robbins?

I think the fact that Robbins has gained more legitimacy due to how many famous and important people he's counseled, and the fact that he really knows how to put on a damn good seminar. If you go to one of those seminars you are going to get something out of it.

He's damn good at what he does.

7. Nook

Nook Member

I don't really think Tony Robbins is all that special... but as far as I know he has never stolen or cheated anyone. He also looks like a law school buddy of mine that was 7'0" 230 lbs and played pro in Israel and Italy.... Guy was hung like horse, needed blinders on his dong to keep it from running into corners. We always wondered how his tiny Asian girlfriend managed to walk upright.

8. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I hate guys like Tony Robbins. He has NO educational background in psychology, sociology, or any meaningful science. He is a con-man who preys on certain personality types that make him millions. He's a modern day snake oil salesman who has a very naive and willing customer base. It's unfortunate because many of those folks need real professional help for their depression and other medical issues.

-edit- he's a plagiarist and has lost several cases. he's also injured many folks with his stupid fire walking seminars.

9. what

what Member

Morey is a snake-oil salesman with a very naive and willing customer base. How could anybody be roped in by him and not see him for what he is!

[​IMG]

10. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I met tony robbins one time in amsterdam at a head shop. he was buying herbal cocaine and all kinds of weird drugs. the guy working said he was the guy from 'shallow hal' and in there all the time buying stuff.

it was weird to see a motivational speaker buying a bunch of drugs

11. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

You're telling me OP is exactly the kind of impressionable moron who eats this crap up?

Shocked.

12. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Oh he's good, alright.

13. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I know nothing about the documentary--I assume it's evenhanded or critical of Robbins. Anyone who exchanges cash for advice in group settings (Seminars, retreats, etc... ) is a fraud. These self-help gurus/con artists of the religious and nonreligious varieties have been around forever, at least as far back as Ancient Greece (Sophists). Oh well.

14. what

what Member

You mean like Hakeem does when he teaches Dwight, Kobe, Melo, etc., his post moves?

No difference: hakeem has the skills to help those players improve their games and they willingly pay him for it.

Would you pay, for example, Steve Jobs $5000 to teach you his secrets, or how about spending 150 thousand dollars to learn from a Harvard professor what you could learn on your own at the library?

Robbins is the best at what he does, and that's why people pay to see him. You may think Dwight is foolish for paying Hakeem money to teach him something that he isn't equipped to duplicate, but would you say that Dwight is a naive person being roped in by Hakeem?

A lot of writers pay Stephen King millions of dollars to be in his presence.

15. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9u7EJBMyD8M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

That is an excruciatingly false choice.

17. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Link?

18. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

It's a pep rally without any scripture or politics, that's probably worth it for those who can afford it. I think most documentaries not aired on PBS or BBC are grossly biased in one direction or another, and on Netflix it's probably a shill piece for Robbins.

19. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

if you need affirmation or motivation, that's what it is

for people that don't need that, it seems like a waste of money

20. what

what Member

A lot of writes WOULD play, I forgot to add. What do you want a link for?