1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2016-2017] Jeremy Lin as a Brooklyn Net

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jul 1, 2016.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If you had a choice to eliminate only one of these things from history

1. Linsanity
    2. Clutch City

which one would you eliminate?

I would eliminate Linsanity.

Your choice

2. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Didadidadidadidadidadi

3. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I've completely lost interest to be honest with you.

I'm taking my talents to messing with Parsons fans, lol

4. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Yeah, at least you are messing with girls

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

Can we talk about Lin's possible haircuts for 2016-2017 now?

6. King1

DD got destroyed here.

7. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

If you had a choice between love the Rockets or hate Jerry Lin / LOFs, you'd probably choose the latter, given this is all you spent time on.

As I said, I only need to be literate to obliterate you

8. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

I might join in the fun on that. Thanks for the heads up

1 person likes this.
  9. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

I been a rocket fan long before you were born in the 80`s son. Remember behind taco shack with your mom...lol

Maybe it's time to show how little you know about the rockets and sports you really know compare to us real fans.

10. tinman

Supporting Member

Nobody believes you are a Rockets fan

stop the charade and your alternate account colt45nyc

11. tinman

Supporting Member

Is he destroyed? I think he's still going strong.

Nobody doubts his Rockets fandom and I can verify he joined for the true reason this site was made

his passion for the Rockets is stronger than these chickens love for Lin

I want these chickens fried or sizzling like fajitas from ninfas

12. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

Yep...that was what I ordered from the taco shack with your mom before we had you in the 1980's...both the fajitas and your mom was a very yummy treat that night.

13. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

On a more serious note, it was true on the knicks conspiracy to Lin. Our new coach Mike d'antonio confirms this last week. Melo and Amara did not wanted or allowed Mike to give to keys to Knicks to Lin....pushed Mike and Lin out of NY.

Is this what happened to Lin here and in LA too?

14. tinman

Supporting Member

chicken you aren't a Rockets fan

15. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

Chickens can become KFC original recipe, Manning's Chicken Parmesan taste so good...so definitely can be a Rocket Fan....chicken lives matters!!!

16. hvic

hvic Member

yall need to get a room and end this crazy crap lol

17. tinman

Supporting Member

I like how HayesIsBack refuses to choose between Linsanity and Clutch City.

It's simple. If you don't pick Clutch City, you should swimming in hot oil while covered in buttermilk and flour.

18. edlkf

edlkf Contributing Member

Knicks: Mike D’Antoni Says Jeremy Lin Was Resented By Teammates

Was Jeremy Lin resented by his New York Knicks teammates during Linsanity? Former head coach Mike D’Antoni provided an answer to that question.

More than four years removed from Linsanity, the New York Knicks are still tied to Jeremy Lin in a seemingly unbreakable way. With every step he takes, fans and media members fondly reminisce about the days when Lin wore the orange and blue.

The one nasty story that continues to rear its ugly head in the face of nostalgia, however, is the tale of how Lin wasn’t exactly supported by his teammates.

In many eyes, the man responsible for the orchestration of Lin’s unforgettable symphony was then head coach Mike D’Antoni. D’Antoni gave Lin the freedom to run the offense at a time when established stars were present on the roster.

During a recent appearance on The Vertical Podcast with Woj, D’Antoni answered the question that’s persisted for the better part of the current decade: did the Knicks resent Lin?

“I have a hard time saying how much because I’m not in their mind, and so I don’t know and I want to be fair to them.”
    D’Antoni continued:

It was there. It’s real. The problem that we had was that, for Jeremy to be really good, which he was, he had to play a certain way. It was hard for him to adapt. Amar’e, ‘Melo, whatever, kinda had their way that they had to play a certain way to be really really good. So there was that inherent conflict of, you know, what’s better for the team? What isn’t? Can they coexist? Can they not?

And again, they could coexist if ‘Melo went to the 4, which he really didn’t want to. And if Amar’e came to the backup to Tyson [Chandler], which he didn’t want to. And then it’s like, well what are we gonna do?”
    That’s quite the revelation from a man who was as close to the situation as any.

Amar’e Stoudemire made waves earlier this year when he revealed that some players on the Knicks rejected Lin’s rise to stardom. He later backtracked, but the comments were enough to spark conversation.

Roughly four months later, D’Antoni has made similar comments that echo the same sentiment.

As D’Antoni alluded to, it was as much a structural issue as it was a matter of resentment. Players needed to change positions in order to make it work, and that didn’t happen on the court until Stoudemire got hurt.

It was only then that Carmelo Anthony made the move to power forward and the Knicks began to flourish as a team.

Regardless of what led to Lin and the Knicks parting ways, it happened. Until the full story is revealed, there will be prying and prodding in virtually every extensive interview with virtually every coach, player, and executive who was close to the situation.

https://dailyknicks.com/2016/07/14/knicks-mike-dantoni-says-jeremy-lin-was-resented-by-teammates/

19. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

hot peanut* oil

;)

20. King1

He's a clown.

He ****'s on Morey all the time and white knights Parsons. He's as bad as the LOF's.

Fine by me. Take him with them though