1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Newt Gingrich: Test every Muslim in U.S. to see if they believe in Sharia

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Air Langhi, Jul 15, 2016.

?

Would you be for the Test or against the Test?

1. For

14.6%
  2. Against

85.4%
  1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

His language directly above is something you seem to ignore that gives more context to his threatening statements:

"If you're muslim , you don't have to say anything. We know what you zombies are thinking thanks to the action and inaction taken by your communities as a whole. And in our efforts to continue being the bigger man - just know this."

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

The first part indicates who is narrative is directed against.

Again, even the mods disagreed with you---with the way this place is normally moderated it should give you a good indication. Just give it up. You're digging your hole deeper.

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

1) You are one of the dumbest posters on this forum. Very rarely does anything you post ever make any sense at all. You are not worth my time.
    2) Honey Bear does not appear to be banned.

4. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Exactly, I just quoted the same exact statement. It's pretty clear who he directing it against.

5. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

The language might be confusing, but I don't see any threat of murder or anything like that in there.

He later (not sure how he would have done that if he had been "banned on the spot", as True Beaner claims) clarified it himself:

6. fchowd0311

In other words: "I cannot debate this statement on rational grounds thus I will just belittle him as a poster to make it look like his statement isn't even worth considering"

This is EXACTLY why my opinion of you is wayning.

7. fchowd0311

Well I do, and to totally dismiss my sentiments because you agree with another poster's interpretation is ridiculous. His first paragraph in his threat make it clear that he is addressing all Muslims.

8. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

You are being irrational. I have noticed this before. You let anger cloud your judgment. durvasa is pretty much the opposite in that respect. I do disagree with durvasa quite often, but even when I try, I can't get him to be nearly as angry as you are. You have an issue with that.

Honey Bear even clarified his post later (admittedly coupled with an insult against you).

Why would you want to read something into it that he himself clarified was not what he meant?

9. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

The river of irony continues to flow. I'm from the community here, many posters know me and have met me. You haven't accomplished a fraction of what I have or have the credentials to back it up. That much I can guarantee keyboard warrior.

Your own insecurity is shining as is your comprehension. Honey Bear was banned, it was a temporary one however.

Just 3 pages back this guy was criticizing Eric Riley for what he is doing and is mute in the face of reasoning. To posters who actually do reason---this is what close minded ignorant fools do. His lack of education can serve to educate many if anything is to be perceived in a positive light.

10. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

You sound like Gladiator Rowdy. Maybe you should challenge him to a battle of wits?

11. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

I won't ever fault cml for this, but a guy who claims to abide by rational thought is using that as evidence to support himself? And conveniently projecting his lack of intelligence on others...telling.

ATW, you practically picked the shovel up and started digging yourself.

Here is what is to follow:

1. I don't have to answer to you because you're DUMB!!!
    2. This poster agreed with me!
    3. You're an idiot!

12. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

eh. Wrong. You're straying. You're supposed to hurl insult at this point in the ATW algorithm of ignorance. Sidetracking to irrelevant topics was a step before.

Stay on track buddy?

13. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Kid, stop trying. You are True Beaner, a poster of below average intelligence. I know you think more highly of yourself than others do, and apparently you have somehow made it into a university. Focus on your studies, and let the adults here have a discussion.

14. fchowd0311

If you made a post that could be easily mistaken as a threat against a large swath of the population that needs to be 'further explained' to clear the air, I think you already ****ed up.

I'm sorry, but his first paragraph explicitly addresses ALL MUSLIMS:

"If you're muslim , you don't have to say anything. We know what you zombies are thinking thanks to the action and inaction taken by your communities as a whole. And in our efforts to continue being the bigger man - just know this. "

It's perfectly within reason to assume that whom he addressees in the first paragraph is the same group he addresses in the rest of his cryptic threat.

Any reasonable person would find his post alarming.

He even explicitly mentions who he is addressing with the "just know this" phrase.

And it's quite the pot calling the kettle black here when you label many of my posts as 'irrational and emotional' when you probably have written off 90% of the Muslim posters here as extremist sympathizers.

If there was an award for the poster who yells the most premature accusations, you would be one of the front runners.

15. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

fchowd0311, even if you assume he is addressing all Muslims, where in the world do you get the idea that he is threatening murder from? :confused:

If you stop for a second, why would he do that? Where in his post does he say anything about killing anyone?

You are projecting, bigtime.

16. fchowd0311

I dunno dude. Do you want a English Comp II literary discussion on what the phrase "Sleep with one eye open - gripping your pillow tight." entails?

17. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

LosPollosOfTheWorld

Feels pretty good to deliver that kind of K.O. Sleep is going to come easier tonight.

Christ, this guy is a walking joke, hopefully he doesn't mirror anything close to his online persona in real life.

18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Yes.

You are projecting if you think this means wanting to "murder large swaths of the population".

To me, it means "we will find you, terrorists" (and bring you to justice). It follows a sentence where it says "the rats will trickle out from the moderates". To me, it seems clear that he is addressing the "rats" (= terrorists).

19. fchowd0311

That's a grand ol' assumption when you consider the first paragraph
    He refers to all Muslims as 'zombies', so he is pretty clear in making a broad accusation of a huge swath of the population. Is it really that much of a stretch to assume that his last sentence was in reference to those 'zombies'? He uses the same exact tense with his subject so it is very rational to assume he is referring to the same subject as the first paragraph which the first paragraph makes it explicit his message was to ALL MUSLIMS with the very first phrase of his post.

It's obvious that his post was addressed to ALL Muslims.

#159 fchowd0311, Jul 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
  20. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I think it's a double stretch:

1) You are inferring that his last sentence refers to his first sentence, when there is a sentence in between.

2) You are inferring that he is making a murder threat, which - to me, very clearly - he is not.

The combination of these two wrong assumptions made you very angry. And after that, you became irrational.