1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

(Not again) New Rockets Jersey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dream2franchise, Mar 8, 2012.

1. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

What bums me out is that the "clutch city" jerseys were a good idea, but the sleeves really did ruin them I really don't care for the rocketshipnones either. Just need to revamp our red and yellow already.

2. Caesar

Caesar Member

[​IMG]

Looks so stupid and awkward. What's up with that hideous collar? Who thought that was okay? I'm just so sick of these stupid uniforms and stupid home floor that looks like a high school gym. Les inherited a championship team and then ****s on it and changes the entire brand and he hasn't been able to get it right since. If he wants to stick with this set so bad, at least change the collar and put Houston on the away uniforms.

3. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

I absolutely hate our jerseys. I really do not understand why we are so embedded into this one. Even with the new cut, it is just so freaking ugly. WHY LES???? WHY??

4. OTMax

OTMax Member

These were actually great and it's amazing the one jersey that I think most people liked as a throwback was thrown out!! Even Garcia was upset:

[​IMG]

5. Celebriduck

Celebriduck Member

Les didn't inherit a championship team, Rockets won while he was owner.

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Love the checkers too, or more correctly the "roll pattern". Both sleeved options are preferred to the regular uniform. Done with those.

HTML:
    https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/tOAseUPCNNG2iHZygxZC1lkUSKc=/28x0:568x360/1310x873/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/47256860/CO_DgXzUEAAEMBN.0.0.jpg

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Let's try that again.

[​IMG]

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Much prefer these as well to the regular unis.

9. OTMax

OTMax Member

The black ones are still hilarious: two different types of white, one outlined with red, the cut, the two different fonts and the chest board of course.

10. Caesar

Caesar Member

You know what i meant smart guy. He inherited a championship ready roster. Unless you think he was crucial in us winning in 93 during his first year as an owner?

11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

The Rockets jerseys are a joke. Our jersey was mediocre in 2003 when it was revealed and it hasn't changed for 13 years and counting. Other teams have changed their jerseys like 3 times during that span.

We had one good jersey, the alternate from a couple seasons ago. And of course we canned it lol. Who the hell is making these decisions?! The black alternates are alright, but the Clutch City and gray ones are awful.

12. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Worst jersey in the league

Embarassing us every year

Stupid Les doesnt care

13. Bo6

Bo6 Member

Guys. Can we start a serious petition and send it to Les/Morey.

I'm sure if we got some signatures and tweeted it to Morey he would notice and at least HAVe to address it.

I know many of you are like me and would just want to bring back the old unis. Doesn't have to be anything crazy. We would probably be more likeable AND sell some merch real quickly.

pls les

14. The_Pants_Store

I know y'all have seen these, right? white one looks clean, and I like the silver on red. Not crazy about the way "Houston" looks, but better than what we got.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. bmd

bmd Member

With Nike taking over in the season after this upcoming season, maybe Nike will have some ideas for a new design.

That's what happened in the NFL. Nike came in and many teams changed their uniforms for the better in my opinion.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Zhou Qi is coming. Uniforms & logo are here to stay. ;)

Only the Celtics, Bulls, Mavericks, Nuggets, Lakers, Grizzlies, Heat, Trail Blazers & Spurs have not changed their uniform and/or logo [significantly] since the Rockets last made a change.

That said, Les would probably bring back a flying dildo or find a way to **** it up.

#1196 J.R., Jul 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
  17. Ghettostar85

Ghettostar85 Member

Bring new and fresh versions of these:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and alternatives of these two:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Negged for the second part of your post.

19. JuNx

JuNx Contributing Member

I wish somebody from the organization would at least get to consider this design. Looks great!:cool:

20. Ghettostar85

Ghettostar85 Member

Would be fun at least as an old school night or something..