1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Political Impact of the BLM Movement

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by El_Conquistador, Jul 13, 2016.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

[the feelz post]

I am heartened to see Trader_Jorge acknowledge the very real existence of white privilege in US America.

2. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Just bear in mind that most black citizens aren't rhetorically aligning themselves with homicidal drug dealers to antagonize public figures and mark an electoral scorecard.

3. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

gtfo out with this garbage. I never said blacks aren't black because they attended college. Absolute garbage from you

and it's not another language. It's Obama trying to pander to his target audience - it sounded completely ridiculous in front of the policemen in the audience in Dallas. He was just trying to score political points, as usual.

4. Granville

Granville Member

So who is keeping the offical African American legitimate cry list?

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You've heard legitimate complaints hundreds of times on this message board alone, but you just brush it aside and repeat the question.

6. Granville

Granville Member

Again who decides which ones are legitimate and where's that list? It's obvious the lefties on this board think we should believe every cry right off the bat and keep believing even after they prove to be false cries.

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You can just apply some common sense. The ones that express their grievances without advocating harming officers... listen to them.

The ones that suggest harming officers... don't listen to them.

How is that so difficult for you?

8. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

You said it and you continue to demonstrate your cowardice, dishonesty and outright hatefulness by denying it and lobbing yet another cheap shot about a black person's diction. You're a petulant, status-conscious, bigoted piece of human garbage.

1 person likes this.
  9. Granville

Granville Member

So by your standard Hillary and Bill aren't listening to legitimate cries?

10. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    Actually, I do not think that referring to Obama's righteously indignant inner city voice is taking a cheap shot at a black person's diction. Obama is half black and was raised by his white mother, his white grandparents, and for a short stint, his Indonesian father. He did not grow up speaking the inner city dialect. The criticism is that he fakes the dialect only when politically convenient when he is speaking to a crowd that relates to it. Obama really had no ties to inner city black culture until his time in Chicago after law school was over.

So in summary, the criticism is Obama's faking of the dialect, it's not a criticism of the dialect itself.

11. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I love Obama, but this is 100% accurate.

12. Buck Turgidson

Caramel macchiatos are the Dan Quayle of coffee beverages.

13. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

You're a frustrated liar. Provide the link to what I said, and wait for me to humiliate you, yet again. I'm waiting.

(but I do wish you a happy birthday, because I'm a good guy)

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

< Yo SpringBreak 316728460967654 >

1 person likes this.
  15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wonderful story - really like this as it takes out the politics. I don't see BLM as a democrat vs. republican issue - although it seems republicans are threatened by BLM. I see BLM as a rights issue and a desire for being treated properly by police by a minority group. The idea that you can't support BLM and support the Police is stupid. It's like saying you can't be against bad cops and you can't be against criminals.

Finally - this is to TJ: Clinton's poll numbers dived because of her email problems, not BLM.

16. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

17. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    The sleaze surround the email has been out in the public domain for quite some time. What makes me think that the BLM is having a big impact is that fact that both Hillary's poll numbers and Obama's approval ratings have nose-dived in the past week, post Dallas. Obama was dirtied up a little bit on the emails, but nothing to justify this sharp of a downward move. This is the support for BLM taking its toll.

18. amaru

amaru Member

BLM focuses on disparities that affect their community. It's in the name of the group. Why would they make non-black groups their primary focus? Also, why should they?

19. amaru

amaru Member

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think the emails affected Obama at all. Not sure why you think otherwise.

Obama did take a small hit with the Dallas shootings - not because of BLM - he also took a small hit with the Orlando attack.

I think you are drawing erroneous conclusions.