1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KJ McDaniels in support of former Miss Alabama in saying Dallas Cop Murderer is a Martyr

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rockets0515, Jul 12, 2016.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I didn't know that the you could hid a gun a tamales and bananas.

Can't wait to see those gun filled condoms inside some poor ladies stomach....

2. eman

eman Contributing Member

Please move this thread. I go on political rants all over the internet, but I hate to see Clutchfans sullied by political argument. This is where we should be able to escape all that divisive crap.

3. Nook

Nook Member

Chicago doesn't have gun control laws like in the past.

For what it is worth the rate of people being shot in Chicago is going up since the law change.

This year there have been 2,200 people shot in Chicago in the last 7 months.

All of last year there were 2,900 people shot in Chicago.

95% of the people shot in Chicago this year have been black or hispanic.
    Only 5% are white or Asian.

The assailant's race is harder to know, because over 80% of the people shot do not result in a conviction.

Also, police shootings and fatalities in Chicago are way down and have been going doing. This year there have only been 6 shootings by officers and 4 fatalities. Of those 4 fatalities, 3 of the victims were armed. There are currently 2,800,000 citizens in Cook County. That is a very, very low level of shootings for the population.

Chicago (and the midwest) is far more segregated than what exists in the south. The demographics are undeniable and jarring. The victims of a shooting in Chicago is 77% of the time black, 17% hispanic. If you are not black or hispanic, you are extremely unlikely to be shot or killed in Chicago.

The demographics of being a shooter are virtually the same.

Making the subset even more jarring, is the fact that over 90% of the victims are males.

Ultimately the profile of a gun violence victim/perpetrator is very narrow in Chicago. It is a black male in his mid 20's living in a small geographical area on the south side.

If you are a white female, there have been on average 2-3 deaths by shooting per year with a population of nearly 3,000,000,000. That is almost negligible. Even white males are only looking at 25-30 homicides with a population size of nearly 3,000,000.

This wide discrepancy in cities like Chicago is why there isn't a real push to make substantive changes. The city is segregated and poverty is very likely to be drawn down similar lines. As a result a majority of those that have money and power really do not need have a personal or compelling reason to make changes or to even believe there is a problem.

That is why you see such strong sentiment on the issue both ways.

4. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

Agreed. The communities that are killing each other in droves absolutely refuse to stand up for themselves and hold the felons and killers responsible. If they don't care, it is hard for others to care.

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I think KJ is owed an apology.

6. SkareKrow

SkareKrow Member

How much of those fact/stats area a result of a white judge not committing a white offender of the same crimes? Stanford dude got a lite sentence cause a white judge didnt want to mess up his future? Like that is a once in a while thing?

7. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

So you're saying, if less people have guns, less people die from guns?

Amazing.

Unfortunately, homicide rates in the United States seem to be almost completely uncorrelated to gun ownership, amazingly enough. And people dying from violence are what we should actually be concerned about, not what kind of weapon they used.

8. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Don't understand why the mods are letting this languish here.

9. SkareKrow

SkareKrow Member

So everything except an abled bodied white man? Sounds about right. Which category do you fall into?

10. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He should have just said his account was hacked.

11. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

That's because 77% of the population is white. In other words, it's almost exactly what we would expect it to be.

Do you think 77% of black murders are committed by whites? Because all else equal, that's what it should be, based on population. (hint: that's not even remotely close to what the actual number is)

1 person likes this.
  12. thaGREATwall

thaGREATwall Member

Believe it or not if it quit being such a constant conversation about race, I probably wouldn't pay any attention to the extra melanin you possess. Most people, especially my generation and younger, really don't pay it much attention unless they're either ignorant or from the sticks where they've never been exposed to black people.

As for not being able to tell whether I'm Irish Catholic, can you tell the difference between all varieties of East Asians? Can you tell which country each individual of African descent comes from? I sure as hell can't. Furthermore, I can't even tell you a lot of the time where any European comes from. I might be able to guess the region, but I can't automatically conclude precisely where they're from. So I really don't see how that is anyway relevant to the discussion. You have more melanin; I have less. Somewhere along the line, you have family from Africa, and I have family from Europe. Who gives a crap except for the race baiters and those that profit (Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, George Soros, and the many backers of BLM) from the constant tension in race relations?

Made your point for you? Hardly.

13. thaGREATwall

thaGREATwall Member

I'm sorry, but a MAJOR line gets crossed when a cop killer gets called a martyr simply because of the color of the man's skin. This is getting extremely dangerous and for a nation that already has a police force that has far too much of a militarized mindset, this is only going to fan the flames.

When a black person calls a cop killer a martyr, and other blacks identify with this sentiment, you force many whites and people of all shades that might otherwise support your cause to quickly abadon ship and side with law enforcement. This is a dangerous road BLM is headed down, and the ramifications could be disastrous.

KJ is a moron.

14. The Stig

The Stig Member

Thought I stumbled into the D&D for a second.

15. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Talk about out of touch. Must be really nice to live in this bubble.

16. thaGREATwall

thaGREATwall Member

Do you think blacks are the only recipients of racism? Do Hispanics suffer racism? Asians? Muslims of Middle East descent?

Yes, I think at some point you just have to deal with it. Most other races do.

Our ONLY way forward is peaceful discussion and education. But even then, you are still going to have an endless stream of ignorance and stupidity that will NEVER be eradicated.

[​IMG]

17. Balldon'tlie

Balldon'tlie Member

Please shut the hell up. You know full well neither you are anyone like you could give two flying ****s about black people, regardless of their murder rate. Secondly, if you gave a **** about the plight of black community like you claim to do, you be fully in support of reparations since black people in this country literally worked for over 400 years with NO compensation, while white people sat back and enriched themselves off of the fruit of those labors. Those riches that they passed on to their offspring, and so on, and so on.

Be we all know you dont give a damn about black people or the negative effects of that western chattel slavery and the terribly negative effect it has had on black people since it was forced upon untold millions of blacks.

If you actually gave a damn about black people killing each other, or the record rates of black destitution in the country, then you would support reparations so those black people you claim to "find it so hard to care about" can get their communities together and improve their lot in life.

But we all know you would hate those black people even if the murder rates dissapeared overnight, just like your ancestors did.

18. thaGREATwall

thaGREATwall Member

There is no group of people more obsessed with color than blacks. I didn't say racism doesn't exist. I'm saying racism with always exist, but it has been significantly lessened and continues to decrease the farther removed we become from the days of segregation. Every generations gets a little bit more colorblind, but the constant thrusting of white guilt on every white male does nothing but damage your cause.

19. RESINator

RESINator Member

Just smh...

20. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

Wow KJ is a steaming pile. I will root against him at all times. The POS that shot those police is not a martyr as he shot those guys for no reason other than they were standing there and not his race.

1 person likes this.