1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[WOJ] Rockets sign Pablo Prigioni

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DustinS, Jul 13, 2016.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Think back to last season (heck, past seasonS) and the matchups at PG, especially within the Western Conference. Now look at our PGs. We basically have the same injury-prone and declining starter and re-signed an aging journeyman PG from a few years ago.

SMH...

2. kevtse

kevtse Member

Morey made up his mind to tank this season?

3. 1Deep

1Deep Member

I laughed but I still like it for some reason.

4. rurban

rurban Member

Not Canaan, but go for the cheap Prig? Canaan can shoot the 3

5. Chamillionaire

It's good to have consistency on a roster full of inconsistent players. We really could use a few more players like Pablo that play the right away. Instead Morey likes players with freak wingspans and whatnot.

6. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

I make-ah the spicy meatball!

7. dwhite

dwhite Member

This is the worst signing in Rockets history. Wake the f#%^* up Houston. He is basically 40 years old and will get taken to town by the much younger pgs. We passed up on Canaan for this. Morey really really really sucks! This an embarressment. We are seeing our peoud franchise go down in flames and everybody on this board is cheering such a wonderful move.

8. JD88

JD88 Member

This guy is pure gold. The team needs someone like him.

9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Add a poll. I want to see who thinks this is a bad move. A nothing move maybe, but not a bad move.

10. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Super teams better watch out.

[​IMG]

Nobody messes with the Jesus.

11. anchel

anchel Member

Rockets really missed Prigioni last season. Good signing, high character guy, smart, team guy, the kind of players than Rockets desperately missed and needed in the locker room.

As a player, he's still a best defender than most of PGs available, can make de three, can push the tempo, good passer, high IQ. These players, help you at winning, numbers aside.

12. Fantasma Negro

Sarcasm? I hope so, you're burning down Toyota center because of the third string point guard? Pablo is a great locker room guy and a leader. He knows and can run the system that D'Antoni employs. He'll be the player-coach Terry was supposed to be

13. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Prigioni, defender? Really? At 40 at PG when he was already slow at 30?

I'm afraid it'll turn out Jason Terry. Kept a year to long.

14. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

This is a real meaningless move if we ae competing against any elite point guard. It does make PB by default a starter. Maybe the Houston front office sees something in him that I don't. He's cheap, but to me Patrick plays exactly like a back up point guard.

Signing Pablo could be a good move, he could be a backup point for sure. If he was backing up Mike Conley the complaints would likely be less. The best case scenario IMO is that James Harden and Gar Payton II learns how play the point guard position from him.

I understand that Houston has never really valued the point position since the Olajuwon days, but this getting ridiculous. The franchise refuses to invest any money into this position. In todays game it's becoming a big flaw in the decision making by the Houston front office. For reference for some reason with the decisions the Rockets are making to this point not so much the Ryan Anderson and Erik Gordon signings, but passing on players like Jarret Jack, Trey Burke all cheap players with talent and in Burkes case who is young reminds me of picking Bryce Drew and Mirsad Turkcan over Rashard Lewis. Old fashion thinking and lack of adaptability will slowly kill this team.

15. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Relax folks. It will be OK - thanks to the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 all NBA basketball courts have been made wheelchair accessible so 39 year old Prigioni has the potential to be one of the fastest Rockets players on the court.

16. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

JVG gives this signing two thumbs up.

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

We should've brought back Mutombo instead.

18. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

LMAO! you must not be a long-time Rockets fan.

Kelvin Cato, Moochie Norris, Mo Taylor, Matt Maloney .... just to name a few that were worse.

And a 2 year deal, likely a vet minimum, should hardly be considered "the worst signing in history".

19. Garner

Garner Member

Rockets sign Free Agent back up PG/Assistant Coach/Life mentor Pablo Prigioni

20. mightybosstone

I like Prigioni, but I'd like this signing a hell of a lot more if he was the team's third point guard and the 10th guy in the rotation. I like this a hell of a lot less if he's the primary PG backup behind Beverley and he's expected to play 10-15 minutes a night, plus take over the starter minutes if Beverley gets hurt.

I'm still holding out hope that the Rockets make a trade to upgrade the position, but I'm starting to think this is the roster they're going into the season with, and the lack of depth at PG and SF scares me quite a bit.