1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KJ McDaniels in support of former Miss Alabama in saying Dallas Cop Murderer is a Martyr

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rockets0515, Jul 12, 2016.

1. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

I think the stats show that states with higher rates of gun ownership have more homicides and gun related suicides and accidental deaths and injuries. I think it's pretty clear there's direct causality between the ease of access to guns and the harm they cause.

2. Nimo

Nimo Member

Now Isaiah Crowell? That was wrong on so many levels and I'm even surprised the police departments have accepted his apology. I guess $37k goes a long way.

3. King901

King901 Member

So in here I'm seeing freedom of speech but people crying about what someone else said.....

4. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

"I ain't said it so pipe down"

5. CapelaOnlyFan

CapelaOnlyFan Member

PREACH!!

6. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

He did not condemn their murder either. I'm not going to try to say what's going thru his head, because I'm not God nor do I know KJ. But far too often these days people use deductive reasoning to say things that may not be accurate. (Muslim leaders don't speak out against ISIS so they must secretly support it) Humans are very complex beings, as evidenced by the reporter.

7. malakas

malakas Member

Or perhaps you should learn what exactly is freedom of speech.:rolleyes:
    Freedom of speech doesn't exempt you from critisism from other people who also exercise their right of freedom of speech.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

PREACH!!!

1 person likes this.
  9. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

For the (edit: 34th) time in this thread: Freedom of speech means you are free to say what you want to(with a couple public safety caveats) and the government can't do bad things to you. You call your boss the 7 things George Carlin said can't be said on TV and you won't be arrested but might not be employed for long.

Freedom of speech applies to government repurcussion, not public.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Yeah I'm pretty sure the public can't hurt this guy just because he said something. Ridicule and the like are ok though.

11. malakas

malakas Member

yup. Isn't it my right to express my complete disgust appehension and ridicule to someone who speaks in favour of a heinous crime? Like Kj Mcdaniels did?

Isn't it my right to say that I will never again cheer on this man even when he wears the jersey of my team because I have not an inch of respect for such characters?
    Isn't it my right to make it known to the Rockets officials?

Yes all of those are my rights and I will exercise it now and in the future to the fullest.
    It was his choice to publicly support a mass racist murderer.
    It's my own choice to publicly condemn him.

12. Nimo

Nimo Member

I went through his feed last night looking to see if he had said anything controversial or inflammatory in the past and he hasn't. You're right. He might be a horrible person who is glad the police officers were killed. He might be secretly condoning it in his heart, but you can't deduct that from his retweet.

Some of us want our athletes to just stick to sports and nothing else, others want them to use their platform and influence to speak on social issues. I'm in the latter but I have to accept that sometimes these athletes hurt themselves when they are not careful enough with their choice of words, or tweets, or memes.

13. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

I am sorry. I just realized there isn't enough amperage reaching the upper regions for you to understand what he is saying. All this time I thought you were just stirring the pot. Next time he'll type slower so you can understand.

14. Mav-Hater

Thankfully, Twitter doesn't allow him to delete his tweets because I read his feed and the only thing he said was the infamous "didn't say it" tweet. So why are we having this debate anyway if he's never said anything inflammatory:rolleyes:?

15. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

Well in Texas you can be fired without being given a reason, so there's that.

16. marky :)

marky :) Member

lol :rolleyes:

17. Mav-Hater

Give up. He's never going to get it. It's like feeding a troll.

18. Nimo

Nimo Member

LOL

I think you missed my point. Did you read the post I was responding to?

My point is that we don't have evidence that he has tweeted anything else controversial or inflammatory so why would we assume that what is going through his head is promoting murder. Why go in that direction? And no, his retweet does not tell you that, only if you want it to. The article he retweeted actually includes the lady's later explanation which was anti-murder.

19. RESINator

RESINator Member

Alot of racial agendas being pushed in this thread.

This thread was originally about KJ supporting a mass murderer. Can't get any more black and white than that. If you think he was right, then clearly you're messed up in the head.

1 person likes this.
  20. Mav-Hater

Yet they still sit hear in between Xbox games and defend him!!