1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Beck] Westbrook Trade Could Come 'Sooner Rather Than Later'

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 13, 2016.

1. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Someone should write an article called

Westbrook Trade Articles Could Come Sooner, Later and Often

For the clicks breh

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

If in 2012 you told me the Thunder would win zero championships and all 4 of Durant/Ibaka/Westbrook/Harden would be gone within 5 years, I would have slapped you for such ridiculousness.

What an amazing turn of events.

1 person likes this.
  4. Play07

Play07 Member

He isn't staying and I wouldn't trade with Boston they don't have anything.m but picks missed on dunn

If I was Sam I would get lakers on phone ASAP about D. Russell and next years first

5. BAHAMIANFAN

BAHAMIANFAN Contributing Member

Sucks to be a small city. Honestly, if you were a multi millionaire with the ability to make millions more anywhere in the US, would you want to live in OKC?

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Boston with Westbrook, Horford and one or two of their guards that survived the trade would be *nasty*... in the East. I like it.

7. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Who the heck signed with the warriors before they got this good? I think SF is a big city. No one signed with the Lakers or Knicks?

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I thought Sam Presti was one of the best GM's in the business, not overrated at all, and the best drafter ever.

Why isn't he fixing this?

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Yet another reason why the Harden trade was the worst in history. One could make the argument that if not a ring by now, at least Durant stays. Spurs would have kept them together.

And let's not forget that Presti should have replaced Brooks long time ago. He blew it on so many levels.

10. what

what Member

Man, nba journalism is so unreliable, nobody cares about their reputation other than Woj and Stein.

I don't believe that Westbrook will be traded, nor do I believe that he will bolt okc and take significantly less money elsewhere.

By the time he does that, the league will be out of money once all these crazy contracts mature.

I will literally be shocked if westbrook bolts okc and leaves 50 million on the table. If he does, then if I am sam presti, I say go ahead, superstar, can't stop you, but in no way will I trade westbrook before I really test whether he is serious about that.

Now maybe westbrook does, ala Dwight, exercise his influence to facilitate a trade to a team he wants to go to and then signs a five year max with them, by "hinting" that he will leave and Presti gets nervous about it, but I just don't see westbrook taking less than a full 5 year max deal, under any circumstances.

11. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Stein is questionable sometimes... But I get your point. Some of these articles are so made up... That eventually after throwing enough **** stories something sticks.

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It truly is an entire list of errors. Ownership wouldn't pony up slightly more cash to keep Harden, Presti made a trade that netted them pretty much only Steven Adams, they valued Kendrick Perkins more than anybody alive, and yes, as you said, kept Scott Brooks far longer than they should have.

Really just an epic botch. I think Presti is a good GM, but yeah, he really just did not think this one through, and frankly, I don't think he really understood what he had. He had one of the great, if not the greatest young core of all time and pretty much showed that he didn't value it properly.

The Thunder will make a great documentary in a few years.

13. Nook

Nook Member

Sam Presti reminds me of another former golden boy executive named Geoff Petrie.

14. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I'm interested in what Presti will get for Westbrook.

Turned Harden into Lamb (no longer with team), Martin (no longer with team), draft pick (Adams)

Turned Ibaka into Oladipo, Illyasova, draft pick (Sabonis)

Turned Durant into absolutely nothing

Turned Westbrook into...?

15. what

what Member

To me, the only reason it was easy for durant to leave okc was due to a technicality with the nba salary cap that makes it much more lucrative next year to wait around. Had the money not gone up next year and durant had to choose between 118 million and 153 million, he most likely would have stayed in okay.

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

No reason for this to not happen

17. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Couldn't Westbrook just leave wherever he goes

18. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

I doubt he stays in OKC. They can offer more money but the $ the stars are making are so huge that they can already afford everything they can ever dream of, regardless of where they play.

They are making decisions based on their dreams now. If he stays in OKC for more $, it's to support his entourage and family, not for himself.

19. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

OKC could have been the Green Bay of the NBA.

20. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Literally sit WB down the same way we did with Harden. If he doesn't want an extension, or if he looks like he might leave, sell now while his stock is really high. The second the warriors lose a game and look like they don't go 98-0 WB's price drops. Once teams see blood in the water, they might think that team is beatable and hold onto their assets. Make a decision today and don't look back. We could send them a slightly better deal than the one we gave them before for Harden...