1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight's full page in the Chronicle thanking the fans.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by skoo9382, Jul 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

He's such a punk ass b****.

Bye punk, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

2. ABforPresident

Never understood the Dwight hate.. Good luck D12(or 8?). Hope he balls out in Atlanta!

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I guessed this correctly. Pretty trite and easy

#43 heypartner, Jul 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  4. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I HATED Dwight after that whole SVG news conference thing....

But I appreciated the effort he put in while in Houston! I wish we HAD been a 'classy' organization and hadn't wasted his final year with a puppet of a coach, a gm who tried to dictate the oncourt gameplan and such a dysfunctional crew in general...

1 person likes this.
  5. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

If he didn't get hurt in WCFs by Josh Smith.. It might have made it a lot more interesting series. I'm surprised by all the hate this guy gets... I mean the ****ing rockets haven't been to the WCFs since 97, or even won a playoff series since 09 and we're going to **** on him for a bad year???

I obviously wasn't happy with the team last year, the chemistry issues, coach issues etc etc. But how else were the Rockets going to win a series without Dwight??? You guys are either new fans.. or are crazy. He might have ****ed up the chemistry (maybe), but honestly the team was going nowhere without him so I'll take the memorable 3-1 comeback over LAC and the what could have been in the WCF anyday over some of these actual ****ty franchises that are lotto bound yearly.

6. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

He should have just taken a page out and said "**** you haters", lol, it would have garnered the same reaction from some of you "fans or couch GMs".

7. alethios

alethios Member

It's more than he did for LA. I think he really likes Houston but in the end, he would not fit well with the style of offense that would, surprise, play to his strengths. Oh well, hope he can get more post-ups in Atlanta.

8. caneks

caneks Rookie

Howard, you will be greatly missed.
    It will take a very long time to have a good playoff series again, if not impossible.

9. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

sounds like t-mac.

10. OTMax

OTMax Member

Great person off the court, pooper on it. Guess it's a nice gesture! By the way, he doesn't make it any easier on himself with his new DH8 --> Dwight Hate

11. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

Howard is a Champion in the game of life. His genuine love for the less fortunate and kids in our city will be missed. Closest thing this city has had to Biggio. The story are rarely told in the media by design.

I wasn't a fan of bring him here in the beginning only because I was concerned about the injuries and footwork. I think he tried to do his best but ultimately when this season started off like it did he like most had a hard time giving it his all. I'm glad he is happy and the Rockets can move on.

12. madbomber

madbomber Rox4Life! #FreeJVG

Much Love Dwight ! You will be missed here with us .

13. syn

syn Member

Very classy Dwight. We wish you the best!

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

It's like I'm in the Twilight Zone 98% of these posts are positive. I guess I'm thankful for that; Clutchfans has been unbearable. Dwight admitted to quitting on the team though. No one remembers that? I'm just trying to get why everyone is "wishing him well". This is unprecedented.

Dwight went on a media tour bashing the Rockets, Morey and Harden. I guess everyone hates the Rockets, Morey and Harden already so they are ok with it? Maybe?

I don't get it.

I appreciate Dwight's contributions on the court (and off) when he was dialed in. I was a big supporter of Dwight and the he-doesn't-need-post-moves-to-be-an-effective-post-player-if-the-gaurds-could-pass movement, but I don't wish him well. I hope he sucks as a Hawk so we don't get the inevitable bumps and I told you so's.

15. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Such a cool guy, too bad it didn't work out and thanks for going east

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

most of these posts are positive. An overwhelming amount of the posts in this thread are positive.

17. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

An ode to Kobe's original NBA number...maybe Kobe won't think he's soft anymore?

18. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

Unlike T-Mac, Dwight was part of a team that did get out the 1st Round while wearing a Rockets uniform.

19. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Cool. I was wondering if we were gonna get a farewell message.

20. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Well...isn't that special?!?!

Much better than watching him hold up a championship trophy! ;)

It didn't go as planned but we'll take the page.

I'm all for Hack-a-Howard whenever we play Atlanta. We suffered from it. Atlanta will learn to live with it now...unless he magically repairs his free throw shooting just by changing teams and being re-taught to shoot a FT in a way that works (non-Lucas style? Underhand?).