1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight's full page in the Chronicle thanking the fans.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by skoo9382, Jul 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. clos4life

clos4life Member

Good luck to Dwight. I'll always remember he chose us over LA when everyone was saying otherwise. Playoff Dwight was a real thing and he was a major reason we made it to the WCF when Harden couldn't deliver on the court during the Clippers' series. He was always involved in the community and was generous and a good citizen.

The Rockets could have found a way to involve him in the offense instead of ostracizing him. Sure, he was in breakup mode halfway through the last year but I don't really blame him, the whole of last season stunk.

Best wishes to him in everything except when playing against the Rockets.

2. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Oh he's a terrific person and all that but as a basketball player he's simply going through the motions while looking to get paid. This guy talks about about wanting to win a title but that's all it is: talk. Anyway, he's Atlanta's problem now.

3. skoo9382

skoo9382 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dwight Howard will wear No. 8 with Hawks. In biblical numerology the number signifies a new beginning.</p>&mdash; Chris Vivlamore (@CVivlamoreAJC) <a href="https://twitter.com/CVivlamoreAJC/status/753236166535680000">July 13, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

He spent SO much of his free time in the community, always eager to speak to groups of young kids, the ill, the old, anyone who needed to smile. I have mad respect for that. He was always out there and never did it for publicity. I even remember when he first arrived and we were at The Breakfast Klub where he happened to show up. Free meals for everyone lol. Very generous guy, too bad the PnR scarred him on the basketball court. Atlanta's community will undoubtedly see how generous this guy is with his time in their community, especially this being his home town...and it's not an act.

5. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Dwight Howard got mislabeled as a locker room cancer. He's actually more like a non-lethal virus that lays dormant for awhile then flares up right before being extinguished by antibodies. The virus then travels to another host and does it all over again. Rinse and repeat.

Dwight Howard isn't a locker room cancer, he's a locker room upper respiratory infection.

Great guy in the community though.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Thank you <a href="https://twitter.com/DwightHoward">@DwightHoward</a> you have made a tremendous impact in our community. <br><br>: <a href="https://twitter.com/karenwarrenHC">@karenwarrenHC</a> <a href="https://t.co/evVPsejCoP">pic.twitter.com/evVPsejCoP</a></p>&mdash; Houston Rockets (@HoustonRockets) <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonRockets/status/753245828609748992">July 13, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

This. He was a fantastic part of the community with all of the work he did here. His playing left a lot to be desired but he did a lot of good in his time as a Houstonian.

8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Yea, what a burden. If he just be for himself :)

I too like him as a player... except for last season. Not quite sure still if that's lack of motivation or injury. Oh well.

9. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

That season and game was great and I don't know if you mean to or not but is that some kind of indictment on harden? It's like saying well Steph was hot garabge when klay went crazy and saved there season in game 6 against the thunder.

I like dwight but let's be clear he wasn't what sparked that comback or why we won either, it was started by Tjones of all ppl and then led by brew and smith.

I just hear so many fans mention this one game and just dig at James, once again not saying your one of those fans. I mean it's not like james didn't come back game 7 and close out The CLips with a huge game.

But I wish it worked out with dwight. If he would have bought into his role and done the things that were asked not only would the team been in a much better place he also would still be an Allstar/all NBA team member. If he would just play to his strength he would put up 18 and 15 fairly easy.

Unfortunanly it didn't work out but it's was fun while it lasted for the first 2 seasons. It was a growing experience for the franchise as well as james, it should make him a better player and leader and hopefully the best is yet to come for our franchise player.

10. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Classy move by a good person. Also, it makes our organization look better; the alternative is Jim Buss and what happened with the Lakers.

11. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

I wish him, his many children and his 8 baby mommas good luck in Atlanta. May the fertility be with you!

12. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

He always showed up in the playoffs. Never quit on this team. Retire his jersey before T-Mac's (although neither will get retired, this is my pecking order).

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He is what he is on the court. But he works hard, is one of the few that understands how to interact with fans in a positive way and has always been a class act. Dwight Howard is the man.

14. hakeemthagreat

Dwight's rebounding & defense on Blake made difference. Rewatch that game and you'll see what I'm talking about

15. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Bible Kemp at it again.

Good ad though.

16. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

All the best, Dwight. Make your hometown proud

17. lionaire

lionaire Member

18. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

This.

Me too.

He's going to make a lot of Atlanta kids & their families who are bummed out on life super happy. He really does have a great heart as evidenced by his volunteer work and charity work.

Thanks, Dwight, for the better times.

19. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

I like Dwight. No hard feelings at all.

20. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Thanks Dwight. You'll be missed.