1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KJ McDaniels in support of former Miss Alabama in saying Dallas Cop Murderer is a Martyr

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rockets0515, Jul 12, 2016.

1. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

His trade value wasn't much to begin with and now there is none.

2. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

I've definitely criticized the killing of white people and hispanics by the police, and so have many in the communities and circles I frequent -- and I definitely agree the media deserves blame for allowing their ratings chasing to affect what they report and don't report. No disagreements there.

But I am also not going to let their silence in regards to those shootings act as some sort of justification for the amount of black people being shot by police -- which, as you mention, is indeed a much higher rate in comparison to the total population as shootings of white people.

I disagree that a lot of these shootings are legitimate. Some I'm sure are. But over the last few years, with all the videos from private citizens I've seen, I've come to highly distrust the amount of people cops shoot of every race.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

This is inherently a D&D thread and IMO it should be either locked or moved there. It has no place in the GARM.

4. mightybosstone

Sorry, but to all the fans out there who think they are making some sort of bold statement by not supporting the Rockets while McDaniels is on the roster, you need to get over yourselves. It's a weird time in this country right now for race relations, and the guy is entitled to his opinion, as truly awful as it may seem. If everybody wore their awful opinions on their sleeves as openly as he did, there would be a TON of people in the public's eye with opinions every bit as bad as this.

You are not heroes of social justice just because you refuse to watch or support the team he plays for based on a single Tweet. Seriously, nobody cares.

5. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I have no idea of what one example you are speaking about but there have been too many other cases to even count that are complete valid.

and of course if a officer's life is threaten force can be taken but why does it always have to be deadly force?

6. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

I second this sentiment. Sorry to pollute the GARM with my political opinions -- I just didn't like the unanimity with which KJ was being pilloried here.

7. TheresTheDagger

There are many Rockets fans who never visit the D&D. Normally, I would agree with you, but since this topic refers to a current Rockets player I think it needs to stay in the GARM.

8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

not a good enough player to defend his stupidity. flat out release would be the only way to safe face.

9. CertifiedTroll

I honestly feel like KJ is just too dumb to fully understand the situation. If you are a poster and feel you understand the situation I do not really see any reason to over react at what KJ tweeted. It was dumb, but it was not really the actions of a competent thinker.

10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Lol man I'd love to be a fly on the wall when KJ has to meet with Les, Morey, and Tad.

11. Solaris

Solaris Member

This has nothing to do with social justice, but everything to do with hate. Say no to KJ.

12. Rockets0515

Rockets0515 Member

So you are saying he is too stupid to be held accountable for his actions ?

13. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

One more reason to cut KJ form this team.

14. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

Hacked by Sam Dekker

15. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Racist!!! ;)

16. malakas

malakas Member

lol yet another attempt to devalue the power of the fans.
    Get over ourselves?
    Who do you think pays for the Rockets and the NBA to run? The owners? Nope. The FANS.
    The Rockets are right now selling KJ jerseys in their store, take interviews of him and pay him, with the money they earn from US.

So bullcrap. This is someone who is supporting a mass murderer and glorifying into some type of martyr. Someone to be admired and immitated.d
    And he is wearing the Rockets jersey and representing the organisation.

17. Rockets0515

Rockets0515 Member

I really do think it deserves to be in here. Something like this shouldn't be just swept under the rug which is effectively what putting it in a little used forum would do. He is a current active player so I think its relevant and I think people that wouldn't see it otherwise deserve to be informed on the players they are supporting with their hard earned money.

18. Granville

Granville Member

It worked for Hillary as a defense for not knowing how to do her job as SOS

19. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Scrub Dekker just may crack the rotation for 1-2 minutes every 20 games. Congrats.

see ya KJ.

20. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Ah yes, A presidential candidate and an end-of-the-rotation basketball player have the same job security