1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KJ McDaniels in support of former Miss Alabama in saying Dallas Cop Murderer is a Martyr

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rockets0515, Jul 12, 2016.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Freedom of speech is a personal right. Corporate slavery has different rules. Wherein you damage the almighty dollar in any way, you pay with your employment.

Not condoning what was tweeted here in any way, just pointing this out for people who are confusing freedom of speech. Freedom of speech is your right as a citizen of the US but not as an employee of a company in the US.

2. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Trade is imminent .

3. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

I hope he goes to work tomorrow and expresses how he feels.

4. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

I'm not sure. I don't think any of us know.

5. TheresTheDagger

I already tweeted Darryl Morey, Gershon Rosas, and Tad Brown.

1 person likes this.
  6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I assume this has been covered but I haven't read every page in this disappointing new thread.

For you and DonKnock, freedom of speech means KJ will not go to jail for his idiotic tweet. That's it. He can say what he wants (other than inciting a riot or yelling "fire" in a theater, etc.), and there will be no ramifications from the government.

Freedom of speech does NOT mean your employer or your fellow citizens can make harsh judgments about your character and determine they don't want anything to do with you.

That's just called being with other human beings. If you say stupid things, (or even post stupid things), people may decide you are stupid.

On topic, I support the Rockets suspending KJ and having a good talk with him. If he actually doesn't support random killing of innocent people, let's keep him and teach him an important internet lesson. If he does really think the insane shooter was a martyr, then cut him.

1 person likes this.
  7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

My guess is this will be handled similarly to what Browns RB Isaiah Crowell posted on his Instagram yesterday. He'll be forced to publicly apologize and the team will denounce the sentiment and at the end of the day nothing will change. The corporate machine will crack the whip once again.

8. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

Pretty sure neutralizing the career violent criminal pedophile deadbeat dad with the illegal gun in his pocket trying to free his arm on the same side was necessary.

Or does that not count as a threat to the lives of an officer?

9. bmd

bmd Member

Those in the black community are basing their hate off of perception just like those who have anger towards black people.

You know that they have not dug deep into this issue and have not looked at the numbers from all angles and draw conclusions based on logic.

They are using emotion just like those on the opposite side of the spectrum. They are acting like cops are going open season on black people specifically because they are racist against them.

That's why the minute they see a cop killed a black person, they immediately blame the cop and act like the person who was killed was a saint. When the facts come out, we see that there was much more to the story than was originally reported. It's all based on emotion. Not logic.

And personally, it seems to me that a good bit of this anger comes from a hatred of white society, and they are using certain incidents as an outlet to express their prejudice. Confirmation bias, if you will.

2 people like this.
  10. TheresTheDagger

Well, let me express what my opinion is regarding following this path.

More innocent people dead...both black and white.

11. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

Well said

12. Nook

Nook Member

Yes, but you also are an extremist.

13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

There are nice D&D threads for that.

Let's try to stick to KJ if we can.

14. HamJam

The talk of "most black people are killed by other black people" always bothers me. Most white people are killed by other white people as well, yet we don't hear about white on white crime. People are just killed by those they live around .

Furthermore, the criminal justice system doesn't protect most of the people who kill black men like it does the cops who do so. And most of the people who kill black men don't get paid in tax dollars and carry the legitimacy of the government that supposedly belongs to the people.

I feel like people bring up a lot of serious issues only at those times when doing so will distract against criticism of violence and abuse of power by cops. I am happy to discuss those issues as well, but the timing for when you bring them up seems dubious to me.

15. RESINator

RESINator Member

Cromwell is actually a decent back. KJ on the other hand is still raw and from these summer league games not worth **** on our roster

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. malakas

malakas Member

I believe in freedom of speech.
    However as a Rockets fan I am NOT comfortamble in watching KJ wearing a Rockets jersey and support him. Someone who openly supports mass murder and glorifies it.

18. HamJam

So, based on this post, it seems like you do think the anger in the black community towards cops is just as spurious as the anger in the white nationalist community towards black people.

19. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

PS. this lady was enlightened AFTER being at church...SMDH. You can NOT be a follower of Christ and think that murdering innocent men and destroying families is Christ-like. Christian martyrs died proclaiming the message of Christ. That POS in Dallas who murdered 5 servicemen did so in a calculated and meticulous way.

Do people even know what the word martyr means???

Now the GARM has to deal with this BS..

1 person likes this.
  20. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

So what you're saying is that a successful person should be given a 2nd chance whereas a not-as successful person should be cut loose.

Sounds pretty American.