1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KJ McDaniels in support of former Miss Alabama in saying Dallas Cop Murderer is a Martyr

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rockets0515, Jul 12, 2016.

1. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

This is why celebrities shouldn't handle their own social media. I'm sure he's not the only basketball player to feel this way, just one of the dumbest to put it out there.

2. bballjunkie

bballjunkie Member

Sympathizing with the anger of black people is certainly a much different thing than supporting murder.

BamBam likes this.
  3. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Perhaps, all I am saying in my conversation with you is that the equivalency to those sympathetic to Dylan Roof is a false one. The anger of the black community is based on the real issue of abuse by cops, the anger of the white nationalist community is based on racial hatred towards black people.

Now, if you think some people in the black community are acting on that anger in a way that is inappropriate, I can sympathize with that stance. But, unlike the white nationalist community, the anger in the black community is at least based on a real issue -- and I think that is a key difference that is significant enough not to let pass by without mentioning and pointing out.

4. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

I am all for players and athletes taking stances in political discussions...but justifying murder for martyrdom...wow!

He wont be on this team before this week is over. As for that TV reporter...hope she is fired as well. Words have consequences...

5. Granville

Granville Member

The Rockets need to address this or I will have lost all respect for this team.

6. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is his contract guaranteed? Time to cut this fool.

Also, anyone supporting this needs to GTFO, I hope Clutch bans you. :mad:

1 person likes this.
  7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

It's not that I don't sympathize with the anger. But what I don't approve of is this rush to judgment every time a cop fatally shoots a black person in this country. Most of the time, the facts when they eventually come out do not corroborate the initial story("hands up, don't shoot" for example).

And even if they do, it doesn't change the fact that most blacks who are gunned down in America are not victims of police shootings. It's by other civilians who are usually black themselves. I'm all for having a conversation about the violence in our society. But it has to be a comprehensive and honest one. Instead we're only focusing on law enforcement and a tiny fraction of the victims of gun violence.

1 person likes this.
  8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Would shed no tears or give no Fs if he were released. We are not in desperate need of what he brings any ways.

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

These guys don't believe in freedom of speech.

10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

KJ are there any other killers you would like to come out in support of? Please tweet your support for them if there are.

11. kevtse

kevtse Member

I bet he is drunk in Vegas.

12. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

I hope any player or any person who feels this way is cut from the NBA and from their rights to be treated as human because any person who feels this way is a bonafide POS!!

13. Rockets0515

Rockets0515 Member

He deleted this and we are probably the only ones talking about it right now so If you were as offended by it as I am you guys need to spread the word to Rockets organization that this isn't a player any of us want to support.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I support his right to freedom of speech because I'm an American.

15. TheresTheDagger

Regardless,

What do you think the end result of going down this path is?

16. Rockets0515

Rockets0515 Member

Freedom of speech does not equal no consequences from your free speech

17. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Try googling what free speech really means.

18. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As would I irl, but this is a message board where you don't have that right.

19. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

This freedom of speech protects one from government retaliation or censorship...It does NOT imply that a private entity/business cant fire his a$$..

20. Newlin

Newlin Member

Yes, we should condemn people who hate. You don't know this?:rolleyes: