1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Clutch] Morey: Looking at backup pg

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

This is just another way of the org telling everyone: Harden is going to play PG, quit whining about it.

1 person likes this.
  2. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

It doesnt have to be the celtics

Suns have a bunch of PG's as well

3. hakeemthagreat

James Harden is our pg and will continue to be aslong as he's here in Houston

4. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

For the last time Daryl: Norris Cole.

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Or maybe via the draft. Oops, too late for that one.

I reckon one might just happen to walk past the arena one day and stumble in... you just don't know how gaping holes in the roster might get filled...

6. FeaR

FeaR Member

Who were the great PGs in the draft (except for Dunn) ?

7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Valentine

8. kevtse

kevtse Member

If we run a lot of fast break, we dont need a true point guard. Our point guard need to be aggressive in transition and able to hit some quick threes.

9. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

Agreed! I understand that to really upgrade the position it will cost us in 2 ways. We will have to trade Ariza almost for sure (no one wants Brewer, he still may not be worth 8 mil) and Harden will have to learn to play off the ball or more accurately learn to be more willing to play off the ball. Isaiah Canaan does not require James to make any adjustments to his game, so the fact that the Rockets are looking at him versus say a Jarret Jack (already signed but was available) does not surprise me much.

10. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

Good point, Very true, Terry Rozier feels like a Morey move to me. Super athletic, pesky defender, can't shoot, and he's from Louisville

11. malakas

malakas Member

don't hold your breath on Morey doing a trade with Ainge.

They will just sign Cannaan and voila! Here's your "pg".

12. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

If we are thinking cheap backup why not Tyus Jones. Someone who it was believed we were looking at in last years draft. Not a good defender, but that's not priority for us any way. Looks to be a good shooter with high basketball IQ and with Kris (Go Friars) Dunn on Minnesota now, he should be available on the cheap.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Lawson was a true PG, how did that work out with Harden dominating the ball?

Harden is our PG, we need a guy who can guard PGs, and knock down 3s.....you know, someone like Bev.

DD

1 person likes this.
  14. Airdough

Airdough Member

Might be the perfect opportunity to use KJ as trade bait to a team with a young PG that's blocked. Other "backups" acquired at the PG spot were Lowry and Dragic. Even a Prigioni type guard wouldn't be bad, just if he actually shoots at the rate advertised when acquired.

15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Not that Lawson tried too hard. Not that the so-called coaching staff tried to integrate him.

And Lawson himself being ball-dominant.....the whole thing, doomed to failure.

16. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Lawson just fell off a cliff. He was completely inefficient playing off the bench, and wasn't any better in his later stint with the Pacers. He hit a wall, I have no idea why, but I don't think it was because of Harden.

17. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

I feel sorry for Pbev, the injuries have derailed the self proclaimed Mr. 94ft. His jumper is on and off and we don't run an offense that make the other teams best players play defense. For example, Curry stands around as Pbev sits in a corner waiting on a 3 and our offense runs zero picks to get Pbev open. Just isn't a consistent shooter.

18. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

AB can never be ruled out.

19. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

I was waiting Cannaan to blow up post Rockets...I watched a couple of Sixers games last year to check in on him...No thanks.

Honestly I hope we are looking for a 3 and D guy who can handle the ball, Beverley insurance.

20. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

We have our backup point guard (Bev), he should be looking for the starting point guard