1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul or Russell Westbrook

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Nimo, Jul 11, 2016.

?

CP3 or Russ

1. Chris Paul

82 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Russell Westbrook

74 vote(s)
    45.1%
  3. They're fine with Patrick Beverly

8 vote(s)
    4.9%
  1. Nimo

Nimo Member

It has been mentioned that Westbrook might want to leave OKC now that Durant has left. I personally don't think so. He seems to like being the big dog. And I'm sure he would like to stick it to the league and prove that he can lead a team successfully on his own. Sorta. It made me think of Chris Paul. He has got to be tired of losing. He still hasn't gotten to the Western Conference finals with the Clippers and he is not getting any younger. Would he be a better fit with the Rockets than Russell Westbrook?

disclaimer: this is not a rumor, or a hot take, or a sign that CP is ready to leave LA. He might totally hate Houston and never want to play here. I don't know. Just asking about who would you prefer? Who would be a better fit?

Dalton Truelove and D-rock like this.
  2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Both would be great but I'd go for Westbrook given that he's 3 years younger

Dalton Truelove likes this.
  3. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I would take cp3 as he is likely the better fit for MDA, more efficient and the better leader. I really am fearful of Westbrook getting injured and/or losing his athleticism.

DonKnock likes this.
  4. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

CP3 is getting old give me GoatBrooks.

5. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I don't think there's ever been a PG like Westbrook who didn't flame out shortly before or after the age of 30.

I worry that once his athleticism starts to leave him, RW's production is going to fall off a cliff.

6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

If CP was a little younger it'd be a no-brainer for me, but gotta go Westbrook for now.

7. 2small2ball

2small2ball Member

Unless Harden stops playing the 1 and the 2 neither would be a good fit. Probably with both of those players is they are ball dominant PG's. While Westbrook's style would fit better with the Rockets, I feel like neither would mesh well with Harden unless he changes his role with the team.

8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I would never be able to sleep at night knowing I was rooting for a team that had Chris Paul. **** that nut-punching, flopping douche.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Westbrook is Iverson and Francis a ball dominant player who is not fun to play with and people will run from that - he won't ever win anything....unless he gets a strong coach who convinces him to run a system....that shares the ball.

DD

10. Nimo

Nimo Member

It is odd that Chris Paul hasn't been able to do more in the playoffs. He has had ideal teammates in David West and Blake Griffin in their prime. At what point does he bite the bullet and go for the "super team-up" like Lebron and Durant have done.

DonKnock likes this.
  11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

They sort of were a super team with Blake Griffin and DeAndre. Reddick is really good too.

But doc rivers has really mangled the depth. The rest of the team is mostly garbage.

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Paul and Harden would be a more compatible duo than Harden and Westbrook. God, that team would break even more records for turnovers.

Plowman and DonKnock like this.
  13. fchowd0311

So like Harden only more athletic and a worse shooter?

14. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

paul fits better with harden imo

Pen15clubber and DonKnock like this.
  15. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

paul over westbrook

scoring is the last thing we need help with. we need a more efficient offense. paul can do that

Pen15clubber and DonKnock like this.
  16. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Pointless discussion, but age 100% has to be the deciding factor. Wouldn't make any sense to sacrifice 3 years of youth when we're hypothetically deciding between 2 elite PGs to pair with Harden going forward.

17. fchowd0311

Chris Paul's innate point guard abilities will not wither with age. Again and again the guy manages to have ridiculous assist to turnover ratios. He is always efficient and is an amazing game manager. That level of experience and offensive management would be invaluable to the team and would compliment high turnover prone Harden well.

If Chris Paul was here, we wouldn't need him to score 18+ pts and dish out 10+ assists. He'll take care of the ball and make the right decisions something that is sorely lacking in the Rocket's offense.

18. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

Don't you lose your thread starting privileges for starting threads like this?

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yep, Harden needs to change some or he won't win squadoosh either.

DD

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Nothing like Harden.

Harden has the reputation suddenly among some as a ball hog, but it's simply not true.

Also, Westbrook isn't just a "worse" shooter, he's an awful shooter. If you took every year since 2011 (ruling out their first few developmental years), Corey freaking Brewer was a more efficient scorer than Westbrook in every year until last season's trainwreck.

Corey Brewer has a higher career efg% and 2 point%. Westbrook has him beat a little on 3s, but they are both terrible.

Westbrook also has AWFUL shot selection. People here kill Brewer for his 3 pointers, but Westbrook takes more 3 pointers by about 100 despite only making somewhere around 30%.

burlesk and DonKnock like this.