1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rudy Gay request trade from Kings

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Horry33, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Horry33

Horry33 Contributing Member

Per RealGM Rudy Gay has requested a trade and the Kings are looking to make it happen.

For the Rockets fans Corey Brewer and Pat Bev match Rudy Gay's salary almost perfectly. Kings could use Bev especially but they still probably want more thrown in(young player,stashed player, or a pick). It's intriguing. Collect all the talent you can because injuries are coming for sure. Gay has this upcoming season plus one more on his contract.

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

If we trade Bev we have zero PGs.

3. Horry33

Horry33 Contributing Member

Understood. My thinking was a cheap player like Vasquez or some other free agent is not that much worse than Pat Bev

4. LeGrouper

LeGrouper Contributing Member

Patrick Beverly is the only player on the Rockets with a set of nuts. I wouldn't make that trade straight up. Also, why would the Kings want older players if they are rebuilding. Trade scenarios need to make sense.

They would be much more interested in prospects and young players. The cash and salary pieces can be worked out.

5. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

I would sacrifice Bev if it meant moving Brewer. Love what Bev brings but Brewer has to go. Go get Vasquez and roll them out.

6. Raz

Raz Member

Pass. We already have Harden to create shots, no need to give up serviceable players to see Gay dribble around and then take contested mid range shots.

7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Rudy Gay is not that good. He's also more of a 4 at this point in his career and also considering the way the league is going; he can't shoot the 3. We just spent $29 mil on Anderson at the 4, and we have DMo and Beasley. We don't need Rudy Gay, we don't want Rudy Gay.

1 person likes this.
  8. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

For Rudy Gay? I'd trade picks and brewer but I know that's not enough. Maybe throw in a sign and trade with jones :grin::p

9. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Sacramento will get better offers than this, but even if you were able to convince them to swap garbage for garbage (Brewer and such), you're still investing $12-15M per year in Gay over the next three years.

Yeah, that's not so bad with the new cap, but at the end of the day you're still investing significant money in Gay, Anderson, Gordon and possibly D-Mo with a juicy free agent class next summer and the inevitably of eventually having to pay Harden what he's actually worth in a couple of years.

Is it really worth it? How much better is he REALLY than Beasley? Beasley is our Rudy Gay. Yeah, Gay is a better player...but not by that much. I'd rather pass and keep our options open as opposed to investing in a talented but flawed "win now" player.

10. lionaire

lionaire Member

My thoughts exactly, even though he has only two years left instead of three as you mentioned.

11. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

Rudy is an excellent player and shows up in the crunch. Yes his FG% doesn't support his cause much but he's never really had much of a distributor to create open shots for him.. His efg was 50% last year with Rondo on the team.

Rebounds about 6/game.. He's a better creator than Ariza but his range doesn't extend as far.. I'd trade Ariza and Brewer for him. Apparently Kings are shopping Kosta Koufus as well.

I actually like his game - a very good two way wing who can slash and score

12. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

He is Waay better than Beasley and can give us good minutes at the 3 or off the bench

13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I'd probably only want the Rockets to look into Rudy Gay as part of a three-way trade to net us what we need. Having a $12,000,000 ($14,000,000?) back-up 4 just wouldn't cut it.

There's an insider on the RealGM Sacramento boards who talks about how teams are calling with interest about Rudy, and at what time he mentioned us specifically; but now it's so fluid that who knows what. (In any case, you always have to take "insiders" with a grain of salt.)

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Kosta Koufus can be an insurance at the 5 for us. Give Brewer to them in return.

15. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

This is true...

16. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

and toss in the rights for Llull.... so we can stop wondering if he'll ever come over....

17. rockets13champs

Rudy Gays value aint that great. No ones gonna give up q starter and a key bench guy for Gay. I think Brewer and Montrez would do it for Gay. We have 9 million in cap brewer+ montrez is 9 million so we are essentiallu going to use 5 million in cap for him and with 4 mill left we can do a solid move of signing Vasquez or not making any moves making GP2 our back up PG

18. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Hard pass.

I'll take Casspi back though.

19. malakas

malakas Member

apparently not anymore
    Kings are talking once again to the same teams in general I have been saying for awhile in regards to trading Gay .

Celtics , T-Wolves , Bulls , Pacers , Heat & more recently Oklahoma . Again their is interest in Gay by more than half of the league .
    Possible any deal would be a 3 team deal .

Kings would like to package Gay with Koufas & or Mac .

Wolves likely Rubio
    Bulls our #1 pick we owe likely would come back to us in the deal if one happens . likely Taj & Grant or Snell + our #1 back .
    Celtics Likely an A.Johnson ( only because he is an expiring for more cap space the year after ) + Rozier & future #1` . Also talked about Gay & Koufas for Bradley & A.Johnson .
    Heat would have to part with J.Winslow in a deal to have one happen. [WHAT!:eek: ]

Cavs pushing hard for Mac . Cavs suggest M.Williams & a possible future pick .

Something should happen really soon now . We are flooded with calls .

20. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Way better based off of what? The eye test? Reputation?

Beasley has a better rebounding rate, TS% and per 36. For a fraction of the cost ($13.3M vs. $1.4M). Now, I get it: you have to pause, take a deep breath and recognize that Gay is still the better player. He's been a good player for a long time; nobody is questioning that. The problem is he's extremely overrated. Doesn't seem to move the needle. Plus, it's not like Gay has any standout skills apart from his ability to put the ball in the basket (defense, rebounding, playmaking, leadership).

$13.3M vs. $1.4M

My bad. Thought it was three years for some reason.