1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Gentile ready to play for the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketpower2, Jun 21, 2016.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Sac would not have a lot of interest for B-Easy, they are loaded at 4 and 5 (Gay is a 4). They want wings and guards, but their payroll is bloated. Hence their interest in small risk/big reward contracts like Gentile.

Sac is in driver's seat and will only move Gay for value, don't think Beasley/rights to Gentile would be enough. The pressure is on Sac to move Boogie IMO. He doesn't want to be there and they finally realized that they can no longer coexist with him either.

2. RoxxxPhan

RoxxxPhan Member

Hail Caesar! He speaks "Greek" in butt butt.

3. raining threes

Dont know about the cap and I dont see the Kings trading Boogie but I would offer something like this talentwise.

Capella/D.Mo/Gentile/2017 unprotected 1st/ Future unprotected 1st/ Rights to Lull.

For Boogie

4. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

If we trade Ariza in another trade, then trading Gentile for McLemore isn't a bad option.

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I paused at this.

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

Not sure...we had reports about the Pacers asking about Gay, and by those reports the Kings asked for multiple 1st rounders (that's why they went after Young in the end), if that's true, that package is not even close.

Personally i'm not a fan of Rudy, i mean, he's a good player but, he can score, but he's a little bit inefficient (Derozan like), not a reliable shooter...the big problem is also that he's an expiring, i really don't want to pay players like him...

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Gentile playing in FIBA Olympic qualifying tournament on ESP3 if anyone is interested.

8. finsraider

finsraider Member

Goldsberry wrote a good piece of Gay a few years ago. The main takeaway was that Rudy Gay the playmaker-bad, Rudy Gay the role player-good. I see him as a super charged version of TJones, but a better shooter.

9. dram1

dram1 Member

gotta go to replay

10. dram1

dram1 Member

Gentile coming off bench

11. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

I guess it doesn't matter if he's kosher with this.

12. malakas

malakas Member

If gentile wants to come over this year we can get someone like mclemore + smth else from the kings. Hes worth more than a high second.

13. OTMax

OTMax Member

McLemore can't shoot or create can he?

14. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Yes, and yes. He hasn't put it together yet but he'd be a great acquisition.

15. malakas

malakas Member

Do not judge if gentile comes off the bench or not.starting doesnt matter much in europe.

Hes not very good. But worth a flyer for one year on the cheap if gentile doesnt want to come to houston.

16. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I would go for McLemore. Seems like a hard worker, still relatively young. Decent defender from what I remember, average shooter.

I'm not very optimistic about Gentile to be honest. Maybe he's the kind of personality that forces success, but to me he doesn't have any of the physical or technical tools to succeed in the NBA. Maybe we should cash in on his rights, I don't know.

17. j@amc

j@amc Member

Quality Game Saturday

If you're waiting for our next Summer League game (yawn), Italy is playing today in a winner-goes-to-the-Olympics game @ 2 pm on Watch Espn.

Game Notes

Italy (with Gentile but really led by Belinelli and Gallinari) is facing Croatia (with Saric, Bogdanovic, and Hezonja).

This is the best place to find out whether Gentile's game translates to the NBA.

By the way, Saric for Croatia (6' 10") looks fantastic. I would try to trade anyone not named Harden for him in a heartbeat. He completely bottled up the Greek Freak yesterday and punched Greece out of the Olympics.

18. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Exactly. So, why post?

19. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

How much money left to sign Gentile after Harden extension? Is he still an option?