1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dallas cops shot during protest in Dallas.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketsLegend, Jul 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Exactly, I brought this up yesterday. The present neo-conservative logic is just full of contradictions. Libertarians might take a similar stance on things like the 2nd amendment, but they don't couple it with the hypocrisy of "when it suits us" as opposed to following the constitution that republicans like to pull so frequently.

Also, I may not have the full picture but what involvement does the BLM movement have? As of yesterday there wasn't any evidence and people were throwing the term the accusations around so baselessly.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

All lives matter, and we need to police the police as well, this whole "Code of Blue" is hurting people's beliefs that they can do a proper job.

When folks see them killing people on video with no cause, it only inflames the situation when the officers rush to the aid of the officer who shot more than the victim who was shot.

This causes people to jump to the other side.....we need a few things.

1. Body cams worn at all times
    2. Harsher standards enforced on police officers, no more wrist slaps when they do obvious wrongs
    3. More PR showing officers doing good in the community
    4. An acknowledgment that racism is at the root of a lot of these killings.
    5. And most important - gun control.

DD

3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

You do not support the aims of BLM because quite evidently they don't even have a consensus aim or agenda. BLM is kinda like occupy movement level of cluster****. There's really no central leadership or organization, no central message, people just angry probably for different reasons than each other.

If you interview every leader of every regional BLM protests, you probably get 50 different messages.

4. Buck Turgidson

My space is anything but safe, but I'll stay in it regardless. Sorry, not big on the whole anarchist movement thing.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

What's passive about it? I think you are a brainwashed moron and am saying so outright. I hope you don't end up hurting people like that similarly brainwashed moron did last night.

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They do have a central message - you can look at it on their website. They have a very clear agenda. Now you can question how effective they are in getting buy-in across different groups but they blew up pretty fast so it's to be expected.

And to say they are a hate group because they let former black panthers speak...just ridiculous.

7. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm sure that's what you'd think if an organization had quotes by Dylan Roof on their webpage and considered David Duke a role model.....

Sorry kiddo, it's blatantly obvious the people behind BLM are racist assholes.

9. Buck Turgidson

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

What are you talking about?

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm talking about how on the BLM webpage they feature quotes by Black Panthers and cop killers. They view them as role models. That's no different than a different organization featuring quotes by Dylan Roof and David Duke and talking them up as role models.

You don't seem to want to accept the truth about the people behind the BLM movement. They really are racist assholes. It doesn't mean everyone tied to it is, but that's their core.

People that further the notion that cops are enemies or that cops are out to get black people have blood on their hands when things like what happened in Dallas yesterday happen no different than those who would push that Muslims should kill gay people have blood on their hands when that guy in Orlando shot up the club.

12. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

Exactly right. And our racist president doesn't help things either.
    Right after Furgrson look what happened.
    A day after his speech about the 2 shootings this week, look what happens!!!!

Either have a press conference for all murderes in the US, or don't do it at all.

13. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

You should send them your application.

14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Disgusting, deplorable, heinous act.

15. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Yes and no. Last week, Frontline aired a program titled "Policing The Police" http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/film/policing-the-police/. Set in Newark, it chronicled the interactions of the NPD and the community. Suffice to say it was most illuminating. Needless to say, the NPD officers hardly distinguished themselves. What really struck me was just how similar this type of policing was to my experiences growing up in Houston during the Herman Short years under whom HPD officers dispensed a similarly harsh form of policing in the minority communities of Houston. One look at this program and you'll gain a better understanding as to why there exists such a gulf between the police and the minority community. What I found instructive is the belief or assertion to the community being policed that this is the type of policing they have to accept from the police. Also instructive is the reaction of said community to this type of policing because it is the same reaction our military is encountering over in Iraq and Afghanistan as they attempt "police" the civilian population over there during their fight against the Taliban & ISL.

16. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

Oh and the Black man that was originally accused for lasts nights shooting??? He turned his gun in and asked to help the officers.
    Omg!!!! Did we ever think it's people that kill people, and not guns? Perfect example. Guns will always be around, regardless if you try and make them illegal.
    I consider the guy last night that turned himself in a hero.

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I just looked at their website and didn't seen any quotes much alone a quote from a cop-killer. You keep talking about the truth but you keep throwing out these unsubstantiated accusations. I googled and all I could find was right-wing-nut blogs and even most of them didn't substantiate any thing.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't go so far as to call him a hero, but he certainly did the right thing.

Gotcha...

[​IMG]

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

http://blacklivesmatter.com/getinvolved/

About halfway down the page

20. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

You have to wonder if there is a PTSD angle to this; how would a former serviceman snap and then go out and kill other uniformed people that are serving our country? Plus the allegation that he had turned into a recluse.