1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Gentile ready to play for the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketpower2, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

ok we take Cousins

2. finsraider

finsraider Member

I'd do Gentile and Brewer for Gay if Gay would turn down his player option.

3. delishman

delishman Member

If we could find a landing spot for Ariza.. future picks or even.. Wicky.

Would be all over this.

4. OTMax

OTMax Member

If only they had Curry...we finally get Gay? No way..Boogie oogie oogie, that dance is not going to get you laid but might get you paid.

5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

It's hard for me to see the Kings trading Boogie, but if they are convinced he'll bolt next year, it makes sense. But so many other teams can offer more for him.

I wonder if a package of DMo, Gentile, Capela, and two 1st rounders is enough to get it done?

6. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

It's not.

7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Throw in Llull...deal! ;)

8. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Chemistry and fit is really underrated on this board

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

I think it will take a third team to be honest. But Morey has to find a way to bring Boogie to Houston. If Morey could do that, his doubters will commit seppuku and Les will laugh all the way to the bank.

Harden and Boogie, surrounded by Anderson and Gordon (Ariza would have to be part of the trade package unfortunately). Would be an unbelievable roller coaster ride of an offseason. Just .... wow.

10. finsraider

finsraider Member

I'd keep Ariza. Gay can come off the bench or spot start at the 4. When Harden and Ariza sit, you can role with:

Vasquez
    Gordon
    Gay
    Anderson
    Capela

Should be enough offense there to keep pace.

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

Well, it's pretty obvious he'll bolt, i mean, everybody see this happening, if they're at least a bit smart they'll trade him in the next 16 months.

The problem here is that yes, we don't have the best assets...as today...but it takes a couple of little things to materialize and this can change pretty quick...i mean, let's say Capela, D.Mo and/or Anderson will play very well this year, they can certainly be interesting pieces for the Kings, same for Pat and Trevor (unless they're going to rebuild which is a bit hard to believe with that ownership)...what if they really like Gentile?

And more time they wait to trade him, the better chance we have since he'll have more power in trade talks as the time goes by, and maybe our young guys wil develop into better assets...

With that said, i love Boogie but i'm not sure he's a good fit with James...obviously if you can trade for him you do it though...

12. danielcp0303

danielcp0303 Member

He's probably gonna turn down that player option no matter what. Cap is gonna shoot up again, he'll get paid well

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

If the Rockets trade Gentile to the Kings it likely will be for a Kings second rounder which should be a high 2nd rounder. Good asset.

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

If for a 2nd, would rather sign him. Gentile fits the MDA profile, big versatile scorer who can also handle/pass the ball, not great D. Plus, Gentile actually WANTS to play for MDA and the Rockets.

15. finsraider

finsraider Member

But Gentile WAS a 2nd rounder, and his value has only grown since we drafted him.

I'd rather use him to offload Brewer and pickup Gay and his contract. We can throw in Beasley as a replacement for Gays minutes.

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Gentile was a low 2nd rounder and the grown value could net you a high 2nd rounder.

Not sure if the Kings want to move Gay for Brewer. I don't think Gentile tips the scales there.

17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I actually would also rather sign him to the Rockets. Seems like a good fit.

18. finsraider

finsraider Member

Gentile + Beas though? I think that gets you pretty close. Beas has a valuable contract.

I think the holdup for any trade right now is DMo.

19. thekad

thekad Member

Gentile, Brewer and Beasley have no value. Brewer in fact has negative value.

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Agreed that if there is a trade hold up, it is DMo. DMo is still an asset in terms of he can be "signed and traded" which could bring something back to the Rockets AND DMo can get a good contract. And I think the Rockets are keeping their cap space open right now to make facilitating trades easier.