1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dallas cops shot during protest in Dallas.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketsLegend, Jul 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. HillBoy

HillBoy Member

He's trolling you. Don't waste your time - you'll never be able to reason with people like him. He's not interested in having a legitimate discussion or reasoned dialogue. People like him are only interested in reaffirming their skewed version of reality.

2. Drogba

Drogba Member

Micah Johnson was a mentally disturbed war vet(who served this country valiantly). The recent murders of innocent black men clearly affected his mental health along with PTSD and had him make this awful mistake. He was a lone wolf.

3. ipaman

ipaman Member

We don't take care of our vets properly :(

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

And the vast majority of those deaths are justifiable. There's only a few that are criminal actions, and in those cases the criminal justice system steps in. In fact, most people shot by cops every year are white, but you wouldn't know that based on the rhetoric.

1 person likes this.
  5. Drogba

Drogba Member

The healthcare system has failed us once again. Until we fix this problem, these senseless murders will sadly carry on.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

"murders"

7. ipaman

ipaman Member

this is crazy!!! answer me this question to end or continue the discussion, you want cops to be judge, jury, and executioner OR legitimate legal system? simple answer, pick one please.

8. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Member

Great post BigDog63. And I agree, communication starts by listening and trying to understand other points of view; instead of being so focused on getting your own point across.

A refreshing contrast to narrow-minded pro-black racist Cometswins. I can already tell you are a much happier person, and achieving much more success in life than that bitter-at-life loser CometsWin.

Also, so many innocent people died in the last few days.. It's very sad and unfortunate what has happened in recent days.

9. HillBoy

HillBoy Member

There appear to have been two shooters. Three people - 2 males, 1 female - are in custody as I type this. They aren't talking. All facts are not in yet. The sniper attack used lines of triangulation as shots came from above and street level. This is the 2nd major attack on DPD as a little over a year ago James Boulware shot up DPD headquarters and used homemade explosives to blow up patrol cars. Miraculously, no police officers were inured or killed.

10. Newlin

Newlin Member

You are making a lot of assumptions here.:rolleyes:

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Wow, you really are brainwashed by rhetoric.

In most officer involved shootings the officers are defending themselves against those they shoot. It's not a matter of them being "judge, jury, and executioner", it's a matter of self defense in the line of duty.

Dangerous rhetoric like they type you seem to believe is responsible for the shooting in Dallas yesterday. Hopefully you won't go that route.

In instances where cops unjustifiably shoot someone, I want them to go to jail for it but you are fooling yourself if you think that is common.

12. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

"peaceful protest"

cankles pls

13. HamJam

HamJam Member

Since you are getting criticized for this post, I just wanted to chime in to say how much I agreed with it.

I don't want cops in my community. They don't serve me or mine, and there are a lot of other communities that this is true for. They weren't even built to defend folks like me, but to protect property from the systematically impoverished, and to protect white supremacy. The book Our Enemies in Blue documents the history if this quite well.

14. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    Anyone who calls BLM protests "peaceful" is advancing an agenda. The vast majority of BLM protests that I have seen have been extremely ugly and disrespectful. You can curse a police officer, shine a light in their eye, and spit on them and the protest is still "peaceful"... which is why setting the standard as "peaceful" is so incredibly misleading. "Peaceful" can still mean highly charged, ugly, and leading to the incitement of violence.

15. Commodore

Commodore Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Officer Patrick Zamarripa survived tours in Iraq before being killed in Dallas <a href="https://t.co/pn9VwGBA0s" title="http://trib.al/sQIa6ED" org_href="http://wapo.st/29A9HSz">wapo.st/29A9HSz</a> <a href="https://t.co/l1qxqlaOG5" title="http://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/751435008552861697/photo/1" org_href="http://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/751435008552861697/photo/1">pic.twitter.com/l1qxqlaOG5</a></p>&mdash; Washington Post (@washingtonpost) <a href="https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/751435008552861697" data-datetime="2016-07-08T10:17:21+00:00">July 8, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. Commodore

Commodore Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>APNEWSALERT: Army says Micah Xavier Johnson, named as a Dallas shooting suspect, had served as enlisted soldier; served tour in Afghanistan.</p>&mdash; Oliver Darcy (@oliverdarcy) <a href="https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/751460611985444865" data-datetime="2016-07-08T11:59:06+00:00">July 8, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. dback816

dback816 Member

He literally says that's basically what happens in both scenarios.

I don't believe in the idea that having a gun gives you a license to kill. But this absurd notion, manipulated by the media, that racism is the main cause of every single one of these incidents is only making the situation worse

1 person likes this.
  18. jsingles

jsingles Member

Yes, police being ambushed and slaughtered, that's a reason for the public to avoid cops. Jesus son, get help.

2 people like this.
  19. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Educational Post]
    I urge you to leave behind your mindset of being the victim. Not only is it wrong, but it will lead you nowhere in life. You will look up 20 years from now and still be in the same place -- playing the victim and everything is someone else's fault. And if you actually got your wish to not have cops in your community, your community would crumble under the chaos of lawlessness in short order.

20. ipaman

ipaman Member

This is so passive aggressive I can only LOLs

Careful cf'ers, speaking out means your a risk, could be one of "them"