1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dallas cops shot during protest in Dallas.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketsLegend, Jul 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Commodore

Commodore Member

stop giving that idiot no name Joe Walsh attention

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Member
    Supporting Member

His rhetoric is adding fuel to the fire. Whenever people denigrate cops or BLM/blacks, they are firing up anger that inspires violence.

It's important that while there are issues, respect is maintained and everyone - whether you feel for a cop or the people shot by a cop - keep a level head. I for one definitely feel for the blacks lives lost and the cops lives lost tonight.

Cops as a whole should not be blamed for the actions of a few. BLM/blacks should not be blamed for the actions of a few. That kind of talk leads to escalation and escalation leads to violence.

3. dandorotik

dandorotik Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_tiOMu_Bf8Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

.....and this is why cops are paranoid and don't often give people the benefit of the doubt.

5. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Member

Sounds a bit like vocational profiling. Quite the generalized/stereotyping statement there.

6. ipaman

ipaman Member

you guys are kinda proving him right. you guys are very thin skinned and only related to cops.

7. ipaman

ipaman Member

what came first the chicken or the egg?

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Does this guy have a spine? He needs to shut his drunken tirade.

9. DCkid

DCkid Member

Killing of an unarmed black man that wasn't attacking a police officer at the time of shooting (the answer for 2015 is anywhere from 4-23). I give a range of 4-23, because of those 23 many of them don't count as "attacking" but there was still a "struggle" with cops after committing a crime. And for the record, a max of 38 non-blacks fall under that same category for 2015.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/national/police-shootings/

The main case that the BLM protest was founded on was dropped by the DOJ. There whole catch phrase is based on something that was made up ("hands up, don't shoot.) That being said, yes I think there are instances where protests are warranted for police to make sure justice is served. No, I don't think it's a national pandemic, because the facts and statistics don't support it. And yes, I think people play fast and loose with facts (or just ignore them) to make it something bigger than it is (media and activists).

Are you using the logic that says because someone does something criminal they must have a valid reason for it? Do you apply this to the cops who apparently just wanted to shoot blacks for no reason?

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Probably because there are a lot of countries that have police forces with out guns.

Not possible in the good ole' USA though. Apparently it's a ******* war zone here.

11. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dallas mayor: White House and Texas governor's office have offered assistance following deadly mass shooting attack on police officers.</p>&mdash; NBC Nightly News (@NBCNightlyNews) <a href="https://twitter.com/NBCNightlyNews/status/751288690756943872">July 8, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. SeabrookMiglla

i said it earlier today in regards to the shooting in minnesota and unfortunately ill say it again... this country needs love more than ever. understanding and love.

given politcal season, the political climate is toxic, and are at a feverish pitch.

things are getting too hot. this country needs to come together in times of these different crisis'...

we americans cannot allow hate to keep getting in the way and take over the national conversation.

this is a time we as individuals need to come together, we cannot allow hate to take hold of this country.

1 person likes this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The people shooting at cops because their job is to stop murderers, rapists, and thieves and murderers, rapists, and thieves often don't like being stopped.

14. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dallas police chief: Officers negotiating with gunman in a parking garage; says he wants to shoot more officers.</p>&mdash; NBC Nightly News (@NBCNightlyNews) <a href="https://twitter.com/NBCNightlyNews/status/751288992583262208">July 8, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. Commodore

Commodore Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Dallas chief of police says they are exchanging gunfire with suspect in parking garage</p>&mdash; Ben Jacobs (@Bencjacobs) <a href="https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/751288357372596224" data-datetime="2016-07-08T00:34:37+00:00">July 8, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

Kinda thin-skinned, huh?

1 person likes this.
  17. dandorotik

dandorotik Member

Absolutely not true. Thin-skinned means you're quick to anger about anything. It's justifiable to be angry at someone who stereotypes nearly every officer as being trigger-happy and thin-skinned. I know 5 people personally who are police officers, and none fit the stereotype. So, if in my very small microcosm, this is the case, I am sure it is reasonable to extrapolate this in others' worlds and conclude that there are certainly many level-headed, high-integrity LEOs.

And from what my son-in-law has told me, they put up some of the biggest assholes on the planet- from all races, BTW.

18. Uprising

Uprising Member

Rip to those murdered.

Scary situation.

19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Please tell me, what was the original purpose of the 2nd amendment you are such a big fan of? The original purpose.

20. dandorotik

dandorotik Member

Again, thin-skinned is someone who goes off on nearly anything. I very rarely show anger on here. Pardon me for being angry about something that's very personal to me.

1 person likes this.