1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ian Clark Returns to Warriors

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by el gnomo, Jul 7, 2016.

1. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Reportedly somewhere between 1 and 1.2 mil... super cheap and I think another steal. I think he could've/should've easily gotten 5mil/yr from another team.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Free agent Ian Clark has reached agreement on a guaranteed one-year deal to return to the Warriors, league sources tell The Vertical.</p>&mdash; Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) <a href="https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/751212970609377280">July 8, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. aumate

aumate Member

If he could've, he would've. I doubt he got offers.

3. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

I don't know... Tyler Johnson got 4/50 and Dellavedova got 4/38. I'd rather pay Ian Clark 5mil/yr than either one of those guys what they're making.

Maybe he wanted another year of exposure on the super team before trying to cash in next year.

4. BackdoorHarden

Guess no one really wants Ex- Warriors other than Barnes.

1.) Bogut - Warriors had to give up a draft pick to get rid of him even though he's only making $11 million for 1 year

2.) Festus - $7 million for one year?

3.) Clark - Minimum?

Garret Temple is making $30 million for 3 years and ten other guys you never heard of with the same type of $30 to $40 million contracts!!!

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

NBA free agency is often a game of musical chairs. Guys who find a spot in the first few days get paid. Guys with arguably comparable skills who don't find a spot right away often get left in the cold once all the positions fill up.

From a team perspective, I get it for some guys with special skills, but not don't get it for guys like Delly or Temple. Seems like there will be enough of comparable guys left at the end of free agency available for much cheaper.

6. hvic

hvic Member

Eh I don't care about him

7. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

He's a scrub so....

8. Outlier

Outlier Member

Clark barely got minutes in the playoffs. Says a lot.

9. BackdoorHarden

Yea, just like Delly. Except one scrub got $38 millions for some reason

10. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

His 15-16 playoff stats are equal to/better than Dellavedova's garbage ass. Not saying he's some great player, only comparing to other crazy contracts.

11. icecreamman

icecreamman Member

Bandwagon warrior stans never stop with their propaganda

12. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

did ian clark forget he was a fringe nba player who should probably go ahead and cash in in a crazy offseason instead of play 5 minutes per game for a ring?

13. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

He got enough burn against us for me to think "yeah, their third string PG could probably start for us".

A slight exaggeration, but you get the point.

14. Oracle

Oracle Member

Says a lot about whom? I think they would have done better if Clark got more minutes.

15. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

he coulda been our backup PG