1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This is gonna be a fun squad

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, Jul 7, 2016.

1. loveofthegame44

I think teams are more fun to watch with no expectations. We add to scorers added a system to run and lost a pouter that couldn't hit a hook shot to save his life.

2. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I lol'd too. I think Roseanne = Knicks in that post comparsion.

1 person likes this.
  3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Rep for you!

4. Rocketeer4Life

Bottom line is fun=winning. Only time will tell

5. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

We still desperately need a PG that can create and hit 3s when Harden is creating.

6. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Yes I am actually excited again. Mid last year is the first time in forever that I thought, oh the Sprokets are on....yawn.....

I was in denial. Dwight was a Major problem in the middle, and it is so clear now. Atlanta good luck with that.

Those fightin fussin scrappin boyz are back in town ! whoo who...142 - 138...Rockets win !!!

7. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Does it win a ring? Eh.. Will they make noise and attract talent? I think so. This is a "rebuild" of sorts.

8. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

I think that's the thing that shocked me the most.....

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Mediocre teams aren't fun at all.

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

I don't think this will be a problem under Dan Toni. The lack of D scares the crap out of me but the offense should be fun as heck, win or lose.

11. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Rosanne Barr rofl

this cat

12. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

I thought the point was to win a championship? I can have fun on a slip and slide with the kids. Its been since 1995...that's 20+ years...doesn't look like we ending that anytime soon with this group of characters running the show.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

Get to work photoshoppers! :p

14. mockster

mockster Member

Okay, explain every team except spues, Warriors, rockets?. The goal is the championship, so your definition is tNking. Ask the Kings and nets how that's going. Lakers and 76ers are just coming around and they won't be competing for a while either

Let's face it with durant joining the Warriors it's not much of a chance for anyone other then Spurs snd cleveland

Always play to win is my point of that means championship great if not cool it's still fun watching my NBA team play, it's entertainment don't take it so harshly

15. mockster

mockster Member

I'm
    Not against rebuilding im against tanking

16. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Love the optimism but we shall see.

17. SkareKrow

SkareKrow Member

Did the Nets plan to tank, or did their plan of bringing in past their prime, overpaid talent not work out? Part of the reason they are bad now is they haven't had their own pick for some time. They traded 2014,16, and 18 1st rounders and had to swap 2015 with the Hawks. Thats not tanking, thats hoping trades and FA equate to wins. As you mentioned, the Lakers and 76ers may be coming around, well, personally, if Rockets are going to be at home in June watching the Finals anyway, Id rather do it with developing young players instead of near 30 guys. Especially if, as you say, we arent competing for an actual Title for a few years.

18. Chamillionaire

LOL. :grin:

19. mockster

mockster Member

The Kings watched young guys devolp, devolp contracts to other teams, aka Demarcus cousins soon.

Hell we landed james harden, when we got him he was dam near just a rookie nearly. Are you going to fault harden for being succesful

I mean why would we tank with a superstar who's just good at winning?

20. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I'm also looking forward to this season.
    First, here are my worries:
    1) we were a dysfunctional team from the start last year. The Dwight Harden duo can't be the root of the dysfunction on its own. We started the season like what 4-11. 1-5. We have to be ready from Day 1 and last year isn't a good indication of that. This way will only run smoothly with a hot start.
    2) still too many holes in the roster. A lot of people are slotting someone like Nene is a key contributor. I really don't want him unless it's deep down in our rotation. And then the whole PG thing will get figured out. Daryl always has 3 pgs on the team so one can be a rookie.
    3) I hate Ryan andersons contract but I'll stop with that. That won't hurt us this season.

Now the good stuff. I just like the vibe we're rolling with. Harden was too 3 in the league two years ago, undeniably. He is still that same player, but now it's with a coach that may fit his style better, and players that support that too. Harden as our shooting guard with Andersen and Capela up front. I like that. That's better than what we had at times two seasons ago. And I like Gordon and Beasley off the bench, and hopefully some improvements from Harrell and KJ. We still need to figure out our PG situation and I think we should try and have someone besides Ariza as our small forward. Maybe he's rejuvenated but last year he lost a huge step. We don't have much room nor assets to work with but we'll be able to address one of those holes atleast. Yes we're not going to be the Warriors. But maybe we can be close the regular season rockets of two years ago.