1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Predict Harden's numbers next year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dash, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Dash

Dash Member

Feasible to say he could put up 30ppg, 10assists, 6rebs in this system? D'antoni said himself he thinks Harden could have a year no one else in this league has had before, how much exactly do y'all think he's going to explode?

2. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

26/6/7 if he starts to care about defense

3. Ratman

Ratman Member

Im going to say 26 ppg 6.5 apg 5.5 rpg. More rebounds up for grabs without howard and i think he has some options to kick it out too that can hit the 3 ball, (anderson, gordon, and maybe another piece via trade?)

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

5. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

30pts/9ast/6rbs

6. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

He's going to be the worst. Just, the worst. At everything. Averaging 0.5

7. photojoe

photojoe Member

Really? Because I think he's going to be the best. Just, the best. At everything.

Which means he will be better than Oscar Robertson averaging a triple double in a season. Harden will average a quadruple double.

Which means he will be better than the season Wilt averaged 50 ppg and 25 rpg. Harden will average 55ppg and 30rpg.

8. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Assuming everyone can stay on the court

25.5/8.5/7 on 48/38/88 shooting, but with the even faster pace he breaks his own record in TOs

9. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i hope he doesnt go for 30 cuz that means he's gonn abe the same on defense.
    unless this team is done with defense, his numbers should go back to his first two years here 25/6/6.
    a lil more rebounding since we dont have any rebounding bigs.
    now that ariza and bev aren't main shooting options, they'll make more shots.
    ryan and gordon are the 2nd and 3rd best scorers, they will take a lot of the scoring load off harden.
    then there's a possible dmo comeback.

10. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

they'll miss less shots i meant to say. they'll score the same but more efficiently.

11. rockets13champs

12. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

15 turnovers a game.

13. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

This sounds about right.

14. mightybosstone

I'm thinking 28/8/6 with a little better efficiency with .450/.375/.860 shooting percentages and (hopefully) fewer turnovers (between 3.5 and 4.0 per game). I'm hoping his WS/48 bumps up to above .250 again. It dropped to .204 last season, the lowest number since his sophomore season.

Those numbers with a 50+ win basketball team would certainly put him in the MVP conversation.

15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

They would, if the team wins. Not many MVP winners on .500 or less teams.

16. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I have thing those assist numbers will got up. He had a lot of missed threes from Ariza and brewer on assist opportunities. With Anderson/ Gordon that's 100 extra 3's made probably. Add in Md!!! He might get to 9 APG

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I think he's going to blow up. It's almost as if management is designing this team solely to make him look good. They're even surrounding him with players so bad on defense, they might make Harden look better by comparison.

I think his points, assists and 3PA all go up. More looks due to an increase in pace. More successful assist attempts due to better team shooting. His efficiency will increase with the added help on offense and more punishing sets.

I think his rebounding will be down. Bzdelik sounds like he will have Harden forfeiting offensive rebounds (as he should) and on defense he'll probably be trained to run ballside & out to look for the immediate long outlet.

Depending on league settings, Westbrook and Harden are probably the guys to own in fantasy basketball this year.

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I expect his turnovers to drop. His turnover rate last year was abnormal compared to his career. Not to say he doesn't have turnover issues, but last year was exceptionally bad for him.

Assist numbers will go up because:
    1) He'll have more willing pick and roll big men. If it's Capela at center he'll get to do the bread and butter lob to Capela a lot. Nene pick and pop. Ryan Anderson pick and pop. Etc.
    2) More shooters on the team. Last year Brewer got 225 three point attempts and shot less than 30%. His attempts should be divided up among Gordon, Ariza and Ryan Anderson because of different rotations. That change alone probably adds nearly a full assist a game to Harden's numbers.

19. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

30.5 pts / 5.5 reb / 8.5 ast

And I'd probably take the over on all of those.

20. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

30/7/7
    He's going to win the scoring title since kd went to gsw