1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Michael Beasley

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DonKnock, Mar 6, 2016.

Tags:
  1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Okay I don't know if this is the GOAT thread, but I do know that is the GOAT post.

3. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Michael Beasley came in and became our 2nd best scorer. Why are you so upset with him? If he's a black hole everybody is

4. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Wrong.. that would be every Jeremy Lin thread.

5. varughese.arun

I don't know why ppl don't see that Beasley is pretty damn good on O.
    But on D.... not so much. Hopefully he picks that up next season

6. illadelphiah

illadelphiah Member

rofl. Beas was literally one of the only bright spots to last season. He's one of the few with balls on the squad, and one of the few that harden trusts to dump the ball to for a quick two.

7. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

I am very excited to see what he can do in D'Antoni's offense. Even if we can't stop anyone, this will be a really fun team.

8. OTMax

OTMax Member

Yeah but our season was doomed by then..plus he doesn't do anything else besides shoot. Trust me, this year, you will see a lot of bad games by him. I also don't like his character.

9. rullrich

rullrich Member

Me too - I think he's going to work his tail off trying to get paid next summer after seeing what happened this past week. A full season of production like that makes a $15-20m contract a near certainty...

10. Eric00009

Eric00009 Member

Oh god shut up

11. mockster

mockster Member

Am I the only one who thinks beasley has star potential?. He has all the attributes and ability to be an amazing player. Got lebron james size, creates his own shot, can score many ways

I'm hoping he comes up and ends up being our real sixth man outside of beasley

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol im not sure if you've followed him since the beginning judging by this post but no at this point in time he won't be a star. he had all the tools from the beginning and was never able to put it together. he can without a doubt score and in a variety of ways but other than that there's just too many missing links to the pieces in his game. The best he can hope for him to establish stability in the league as a solid nba player but as far as star at this point that is highly unlikely

13. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

he was a #2 overall draft pick for a reason. his problem has always been off the court issues affecting him to the degree where his play suffered. if he had been able to keep his life together he would have been a star.

14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It's not just off the court. It's also in the head.

He's struggled to handle defensive schemes. Like not that he couldn't physically do it but that he just doesn't understand what he is supposed to do.

15. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

true he's not a defensive mastermind, but there are plenty of those in the league that have had way more success than Beasley. he just had some really serious off the court stuff that got in the way of him focusing on basketball and being "trusted" as a pro.

16. Red Glares

Red Glares Member

The dude can put points on the board!! He was the only bright spot last year.

17. illadelphiah

illadelphiah Member

Character? The guy has been turning it around with a family now. Compared to what Beas did in the past to some of today's players is laughable.

18. Remlap

Remlap Member

I agree.

Were it not for 'Beast Mode' last year, we would have been in a world of hurt.
    Made some key defensive plays and can also create.

I also think it will be fun to watch with Dantoni's system
    Hopefully he can pick up on that

19. mugrakers

mugrakers Member

Lol sadly we would have had our first round pick if it weren't for him. :(

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">.<a href="https://twitter.com/easyst0">@easyst0</a> discusses why he joined the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/RocketsSummer?src=hash">#RocketsSummer</a> League squad &amp; more.<br><br>Full interviews ยป <a href="https://t.co/RJ75W2cDdc">https://t.co/RJ75W2cDdc</a><a href="https://t.co/jPvgl2KnnN">https://t.co/jPvgl2KnnN</a></p>&mdash; Houston Rockets (@HoustonRockets) <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonRockets/status/750813493373263872">July 6, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>