1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jerry West > Morey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Jul 5, 2016.

1. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

No and no although it would be hysterical if in two years both Durant and Westbrook wound up on the Lakers. The mind just boggles at the thought...

2. jsingles

jsingles Member

Confused by the thread. There is not a rational, intelligent person who would ever make the case that Morey is better than West. Isn't this remedial level knowledge already?

3. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Tinman has lost it lol. Here's to hoping this xenophobe rage quits IRL. Dude is in shambles.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I just want the Rockets to win. don't you?

look, if I can create terminator machines to go back in time and take out all LOF on earth I would.

5. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't understand the point of trolling DM.

7. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

Dream > Capela

5 star thread.

8. tinman

Supporting Member

Jerry West is doing it the right way

9. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

There is sooo much luck involved in his process that saying he is doing it the right way is comical. Good on them that Curry had crappy ankles, enough that they could keep him on a budget contract and then have him explode. Good on them to have Mark Jackson get blackmailed by an ex-lover so that he has a crappy season and gets fired because he was distracted. Good on them that the injury prone Bogut bounced back and had a revitalization in GS. Good on them that Minnesota was extra greedy in trying to get more talent for Kevin Love than Klay Thompson alone. They made some risky moves, and they also had an amazing amount of luck. Draymond green did his WWE persona all season long and didn't get suspended till damn near the end of it. Good on them for that too. I'm not saying he isn't a great GM, but come on man, if Yao hadn't had the injuries he did we might be putting him in the GOAT conversation.

Getting KD was more about the Thunder falling apart and KD being weak than anything. Right now, you are ready to crown the 1 time NBA champion Steph Curry and his GM the kings of the NBA. Oh, I'm sorry the 73-9 losers of the NBA title. Guess they couldn't go on a 4 game winning streak when it mattered.

Why not go back and tell me how you 99ers had to walk 15 miles in the snow uphill both ways to go see the Rockets at the Summit/Compaq Center?

10. tinman

Supporting Member

The 99ers parked on Edloe Street and walked across the bridge of 59 to reach the Summit
    the pilgrimage was special

11. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Everyone says that West did something magical...And NO one wants to acknowledge that they have a team ready to win a title NOW...PLUS THEY have a FULL MAX slot available as the CAP increase gave all teams space. If the cap didnt increase this drastically this off-season...The Warriors wouldve content with their state of their team...And Durant wouldve given the Thunder ONE more go.

I want to see how he will wander through the minefield next season as he has to pay Curry and Durant...

It takes a ton of luck and timing. If the Rockets werent so crappy with Dwight and Harden...they mightve even had a chance at an interview. Dwight just didnt mesh. Didnt take a Rocket scientist to figure that out. Morey has his flaws...but you'd be mistaken if you think that Morey is a top flight GM.

This was a basketball decision...And as much as I hate it, I understand it. Sucks for us...stinks for the NBA...but it is what it is. And as others have said...NOTHING is guaranteed in the NBA. And not all super teams suceed. There have been plenty of examples. These Warriors have to win a title and so many things can change in a blink of an eye.

12. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

isnt..:)

13. tinman

Supporting Member

Speaking from your heart is not magical, it's just not done much these days.

14. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Alright fine, we'll give Michael Jordan a call. Maybe he'll represent us and give all these star FAs "the talk" instead of Morey's rants about analytics.

15. Andrew Li

Andrew Li Member

Jerry West is too good to know the weakness of a player like Durant, while Durant is too young to see that and he was manipulated by Jerry. This for sure lowers Durant's history position. Jerry is evil on this case.

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Much easier to just park in the garage in Greenway Plaza.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

99ers were not as affluent in money as they were in knowledge back then

18. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Results matter. Jerry West has them and Morey doesn't.

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

WTF Morey suppose to do . . . Go back to the 1960s and win championships
    and become THE LOGO

This is ridiculous . . . Jerry and FRICKING JERRY WEST

Jerry West >>> 90% of all other GMs/Consultants
    Jerry West probably > the other 10%

Rocket River
    Water is wet

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

Ok so how do you get Jerry West? :rolleyes:

This thread is just dumb, it's like saying MJ>Harden or Dream>Capela.

Maybe I should create another thread Popovich>MDA

WTF. Any dumbass can b**** and moan Tinman can go to his wife and tell her JLaw>you what does that prove? Just because one dude is a legend does firing the guy you have suddenly make things right? There are like 1000x steps between the action and the desired result here that is missing.