1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Mariners @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Rox225

Rox225 Contributing Member

Nice win. If McCullers can get his fastball command under control he'd be even more nasty. :eek:

2. Prize Closet

Prize Closet Rookie

McCullers is a boss

3. Field Goal Gary

This is awesome and grateful for where we stand right now considering where things stood and looked like they were going a month ago.

Just think how easily that could have been 5.5 or 6.5 instead!

Oh well, let's do it again tomorrow and hope the Rangers keep up this slide as well.

4. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Great outing by the kid today. Fun to watch.

5. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Always about control with McCullers, because his stuff is filthy. When he keeps the walks down, he's a top flight starter. Him rounding back into form would be huge when it comes to us having a front end starter. Since that first start where he got knocked around he's been awesome.

6. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Good win, thanks to pitching. Lance was dominant, pitching 7 with a low count.

Offense has spurted the past couple games even with the line outs. We didn't get much cooking besides early today.

Walker is due for SEA tomorrow. We've hit him well overall his career, including earlier this season (2 IP - 3 R -2 HR).

We'll see if Keuchel is sharp enough and/or can get some calls tomorrow.

Gained a game on Rangers!!

7. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

was on the road so only got to listen to that ending. It was just as nerve-wracking...nice win!

8. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

Let's this series and next with the A's!! We can finish at the allstar break as one of the 2 wildcard team. Nice rebound from a horrible start to the season!!

9. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I'd say the following...

When he pitches, he's a top flight starter. Him rounding back into form is huge when it comes to us having a front end starter. He's been awesome even including the one bad start. He's leading the AL in FIP for pitchers with 50+ innings pitched this season.

Once the training wheels come off, he's going to challenge for a Cy Young in the future.

Caveat: As with all pitchers, he's got to remain healthy.

10. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

McCullers is going to be great if he can command that fastball. The stuff this kid possesses is filthy.

Exciting times for Club Astros?

11. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Possibility is there to be behind 5 games or better from the Rangers...

Insane.

I think we can catch the Rangers, especially if we make some power moves...

12. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

I'd love an impact arm... I think we have an impact bat hiding within AJ Reed, not to mention we have The BregMonster currently making AAA pitchers reevaluate their career choice. I'd like someone that can lock down (at least) the #3 spot in the rotation behind K and McC (assuming K gets his groove back). I love Colin McHugh... I just think he's a #4 on a team with Championship aspirations.

13. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

He would have been the ace for KC last season.

Ideally, yes, we would have another ToR guy, but it isn't totally necessary. I think the biggest value will be in the upgrade from Fiers, and preventing the need for Fister/Fiers to start a playoff game.

14. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Astros?src=hash">#Astros</a> vs <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Mariners?src=hash">#Mariners</a> - Tues<br><br>Reed in at DH...Gattis behind the plate <a href="https://t.co/bpZ3TVL09i">pic.twitter.com/bpZ3TVL09i</a></p>&mdash; Angel Verdejo Jr. (@ahverdejo) <a href="https://twitter.com/ahverdejo/status/750419916570845184">July 5, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. HookemHorns1250

Like the line up. Hope Reed and Gattis can do some damage at the bottom of the order tonight.

16. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

C'mon Reed damn he would do wonders to solidify the lineup

17. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Looking forward to some vintage Kuechel tonight... maybe.

18. Buck Turgidson

I just learned on Baseball Reference that one of Dae-Ho Lee's nicknames in the Korean League was "Pig Tiger".

19. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

So far, VK.... vintage Keuchel.

20. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Weak ground ball

4 pitch K

Weak ground bal

Love it