1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Durant to Warriors (Two years, $54.3M)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by batkins, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Pbev99

Pbev99 Member

Now that's true hate :grin:

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

For people who think Durant wouldn't make the Warriors much much better, think how it would have been if they had Durant rather than Barnes in the playoffs.

Bogut's importance is overrated. He played less than 20 mpg for them. A defensive big isn't that hard to find when you have Draymond Green. And don't forget Durant isn't chopped liver on the defensive end either.

3. malakas

malakas Member

Durant is one of the most sensitive stars in the league. He has also persecution complex against the media. Let's see how he likes it when he sees signs with "coward" in every single arena he goes and people booing him for the first time in his life.

4. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

I guess you don't watch enough arrive games to know green goes all out like 95% of his possessions offense or defense.

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Front page of tomorrow's Daily Oklahoman:

[​IMG]

6. bballjunkie

bballjunkie Member

I think this guy pretty much covered most people's view of Durant now.

7. Rocket_Man_2.0

I bet he's sitting at home crying right now...what a tool! Lol!:rolleyes:

8. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't know. Pure unadulterated hate would have wished for injuries or scandals. At least losses and failure to win a title is tempered.

9. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Bogut pretty much shut down the Cavs in games 1/2 offensively as he literlaly blocked everything in the paint. Warriors have ZERO rim protection now.

Plus you can't think of it as him taking just Barnes' shots. More plays will be run for Durant now, while less for Curry and Thompson. Klay is a rhythm and streaky player, so this will hurt him offensively. What makes the Warriors so scary is that the ball moves back and forth to get looks. Durant IS an iso player. He needs his iso touches.

Yes, Durant will make them a better team, esp. offensively simply b/c he's one of the top 3 players in the world. But the rhythm and chemistry of the offense will take time. And their defense will weaken.

10. McRaggize

McRaggize Member

There were three young guys who went to Jianghu one after another,

The first guy was beaten up by somebody one day. He was not convinced, went back home, took a lot of practice everyday, and then defeated the enemy one year later. He was called Michael Jordan.

The second guy was also beaten up by somebody one day. He was not convinced, found his close brothers, and then defeated the enemy together. He was called LeBron James.

The third guy was also beaten up by somebody one day. But after deeply thinking, he knelt and told his enemy, "Please do not punish me any more... Can you forgive my fault and regard me as your younger brother? Cause I want to bully other children together with you."

So what does the third guy call?

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

WTF malakas? What in short term deal do you not understand?

He will bolt in 1 or 2 years.

He would have done the same thing to OKC, stay another couple years and bolt to make his last attempt at championships or whatever his goals are in the future.

People just like to b**** and moan and do not think about what short term deal stands for?

FLEXIBILITY!!!

12. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

~55% of Durant's shots last year were assisted. Durant get's a bad rep for "being an iso" player, but that was more so in the last 5 min then throughout the game.

I agree on the fewer shots for Curry and Thompson. But now with 3 great shooters, at least 1 will always be in the corner (easier shot and harder to close out), and there is virtually no way to totally prevent decent open looks for all of them at once.

13. t_mac1

Shots won't fall all year. There will be games the shots won't fall. Curry shot poorly on uncontested shots in the Finals. They still lack a post game. And now their defense will drop a lot more than we think where they can't rely on it if their shots don't fall.

Won't happen a lot I'm sure durng the reg. season, but in the playoffs, it's a different story.

14. Ultimateian

Ultimateian Member

I feel like GS in its current state was uneven. No one likes to be uneven which means that is bad. To do what GS did again would wear at the bodies of GS. Like being uneven. This is why Durant went to GS to give them rest moreso than overpowering.

The beans have been spilt.

15. t_mac1

The short term deal is so he can sign bigger contracts in a few years. Lebron is doing the same thing.

16. Ultimateian

Ultimateian Member

Notice harden wipe his face in last year's playoffs. Lol he was tired. =\

17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mfAGOPNDVfs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

Rockets should do its part in strengthening GSW by giving them Brews and Tjones for free.

19. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I understand the whole devil's advocate thing, but you have a warped sense of reality if you really believe this doesn't make the Warriors better.

Those that are playing the "...but they'll miss Bogut" card clearly aren't familiar with Pachulia's game. Pachulia is like the center equivalent of Patrick Beverley (but more productive). He's an energy guy and agitator with a great nose for the ball (one of the best rebounders in the league). He'll set moving screens, clean the glass, collect garbage buckets and get inside people's heads the same way Bogut did. Except he'll do it better. The only thing he won't do is block shots.

Side note: I feel bad for OKC and especially for Billy Donovan. Not sure what more Donovan could have done in his debut season. Win 55 games, knock out a historically great San Antonio team and come within one win of the NBA Finals against another historical team. Must be a pretty huge buzzkill to go from that to losing KD and forcing a what-do-we-do-now transition phase.

20. Zergling

Zergling Member

Durant and Westbrook reuniting with Harden in Houston next year is still in play. Not a worst case scenario for Houston since KD only signed for 1 year and can opt out next year.