1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Request] Help me find a movie

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by OTMax, Jul 3, 2016.

1. OTMax

OTMax Member

Hey all,

About 10-15 years ago I was just watching TV and came across this old movie, probably 80-90s and the part I saw was so funny that I really want to see the whole thing. I need your help since I only remember this one scene:

It was two guys in a car, parked on a hill in the dark and they were talking ****. Then they put the radio on and they were fed up with talk about a certain event or something and then one guy just couldn't take it anymore and said "****ing Las Vegas". It was pretty dry humour: just a guy getting upset, turning the radio off and look at his friend and say that line made me laugh really hard.

The movie was definitely comedy or at least partly, just a silly atmosphere. I think throughout the movie they were driving around a lot with the radio on and the same talk about the city and possible the event, looking for someone or something, so could very well be detectives. Sports fans is also possible, I think the event might have been a big game in the city.

I always doubted if it was set in Las Vegas or San Francisco and the two guys were definitely thinking about leaving town or came from outside of town.

Any chance anybody knows what movie this is? Any help will do. I've looked for movies set in Vegas, Frisco, looked for that line and nothing..

2. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

My Life starring Michael Keaton?

3. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

2 girlz 1 cup?

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

6. OTMax

OTMax Member

Is 'My Life' supposed to be a joke? It's a drama, far from a silly movie no? The synopsis sounds depressing..

Fear and Loathing, unfortunately is not it ;) the movie seemed very low budget, might not even have anyone famous.

7. likestohypeguy

Everything you describe about the movie sounds like Big Trouble, except for being in Vegas, and it's not 80's-90's.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3I0K-ymOTS4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Kind of sounds like Swingers but I'm not sure.

9. OTMax

OTMax Member

Damn, too good to be true..it looks like it at first and if he had said '****ing Gators' or something it might have been it, but it's not. Thanks for the effort!!

10. OTMax

OTMax Member

Will check that out.

11. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet
    Supporting Member

It is a board meme. Whenever someone is trying to figure out a movie, people will post My Life starring Michael Keaton. It's like asking what song is playing in a youtube video in the comment section. No matter what song it is, the answer is going to be Darude Sandstorm.

12. likestohypeguy

They have several recurring scenes with those two, with sports radio.

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

All I have to say is don't do a google search at work for

movie quotes "****ing las vegas"

with the quotation marks

14. OTMax

OTMax Member

Yeah I know, but I know the guy was cursing at the radio because he was so upset..:(

1 person likes this.
  15. likestohypeguy

How is that incompatible with what I said? He might have said that in another one of the similar scenes. You don't even remember enough of this to be asking these questions. You P.O.S. I found your sh 1tty movie, accept it.

:mad:

16. OTMax

OTMax Member

I just watched every scene, it's not the one and the movie is older. Don't get your t*tties in a twist, I know what I saw. :cool: There's no need for that kind of language..

17. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Any hint of who might have been in it?

18. moose

moose Member

My Life starring Michael Keaton.

19. likestohypeguy

Okay.

Good luck. And you better let us know when you find it.

20. CCorn

CCorn Member

Altus shrugged.