1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Center position - options

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ilias, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Pau Gasol is out there.

2. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

At this point, seeing as Les is all about win-now mode, I think you trade Brew for cap space and throw $15 mil at Pau, but as folks have said; he'd probably reject us.

I think freeing up $15 for Ezeli is not a terrible idea.

3. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

in game assistant coach voices his concerns about defense-
    mda "what is this defense? i dunno how to play defense--SWITCH, SWITCH EVERYTHING! SWITCH BEVERLEY! SWITCH!"

4. ilias

ilias Member

I really hope that this is not the case. DMo playing next to Anderson or Beasley worries me. I would not like to go into the season expecting/needing any production out of our 2nd round rookies, that should just be upside. I am happy with Capela playing 20-25 minutes, but we need a proven player to contribute another 20 solid minutes of interior defense.

5. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

Any tough available Euro Center we can sign over?

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

What about Joshua Smith? He'd get killed as a defender but that means nothing to the Rockets.

7. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i think we will be playing smaller under MDA... and because of that, i think our front court is set:

dmo-capela-onuaku
    ryno-beasley-harrell
    harden-ariza-dekker
    gordon-brew-KJ
    bev-???-GP2

we should have about 9M remaining and I bet that goes to bringing llull over, or maybe 3y/18m for tyler johnson.

clearing cap space by moving KJ (3M), brew (8M) would bring us up to 20M, but is there anyone left that deserves that money? jennings, dwill, rondo? also consider how small brewer's contract is by comparison to most this summer. i bet what he can give MDA in transition offense is worth his contract.

trading brewer and cap space and sweeteners isn't enough for vucavic, maybe enough for monroe, and koufos isn't a big enough upgrade over capela to give up getting a PG. monroe would basically put dmo on the bench, leaving us with a crowded front court, and a whole at PG.

mark my words, this last bit of cash will be for llull, tyler johnson, or a former morey or MDA guy like brooks, galloway, felton

8. DustinS

DustinS Contributing Member

We need rebounding and rim protection. The ideal guy needs to be athletic to run the floor in this system. Ezeli, Okafor, and Noel seem to be the best candidates

9. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

what do you mean he'd get killed, no one can move him in the paint. he's perfect. teach him how to dish out body checks and clotheslines wwe style and we can move on perimeter defenders like nutcheck batum or flying kick bowen

10. ilias

ilias Member

Bouroussis had a great season last year, voted MVP in the Spanish League and All-Euroleague First Team. Rebounds, defends and hits the 3 - should be a great fit for D'Antoni. But already in an advanced age, doubt he had any plans to come over.

I don't follow the Euroleague that much these days, so not really familiar with young talent coming through.

11. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

if trade, I want Taj Gibson..perfect small ball C

12. The_Pants_Store

I'd love to have Vucevic. People might disagree with me on this, but you could get Epke Udoh right now. I think he would be a nice addition for D, boards, and even has a little post game. There are Warriors fans who think still to this day they should have kept him over Ezeli.

http://youtu.be/qG52IF998YU

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Yeah. There are two:

Donatas Motiejunas
    Clint Capela

14. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

since our fa sucks, i say play a helter-skelter pf/c rotation including the rookies and see what works best. since its small ball era beasley and harrel can get some time at c too.

spend more money on perimeter scoring, which we just did, defense and playmaking.

15. malakas

malakas Member

Good thread.
    I definitely think Ezeli is out of our pricerange right now.
    I also read somewhere that Zaza is retiring from the league but I don't know if it's true or not.
    Plums is going to be matched as far I have heard up to around 10 per.
    Zeller is an awful choice for use since he is terrible defensively.

He's talking with the Wizards Spurs and NOP , Rockets haven't interest.

16. kevtse

kevtse Member

Someone can hit free throw please!

17. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

He's horrible and grossly overrated.

18. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

This.

19. apugh832

apugh832 Member

I am curious as to what it would take to land Boban Marjanovic (Spurs)?

Ready now. Automatic rim protection, and low key can score around the basket. Dude is big as hell, and very efficient.

20. StrawberryJamm

Don't overpay anyone, trust in Montrezl Harrell.