1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Gordon agrees to deal with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketpower2, Jul 2, 2016.

?

Do you like the Rockets signing of Eric Gordon to a 4-year, $53M deal?

1. YES

378 vote(s)
    81.5%
  2. NO

86 vote(s)
    18.5%
  1. photojoe

photojoe Member

Would have much, much, much rathered to have Courtney Lee for 4 years/48 million than Gordon for 4/53.

Not sure if he had interest coming back here. Even though he isn't as good of a scorer, he is still a good shooter (career 38.4%), a much better defender plus he can actually stay on the court.

2. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Eric Gordon ranked 2nd in the NBA last season in shooting efficiency on pull-up jump shots in the half court behind only Stephen Curry.</p>&mdash; Synergy Sports Tech (@SynergySST) <a href="https://twitter.com/SynergySST/status/749420897618923520">July 3, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

now they just need to sign

Anthony Morrow & Pau Gasol

to form the best offensive unit in the NBA!

4. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

C.Lee is a good player, decent shooter and can guard pg and sgs, BUT unfortunately that's the problem, dude plays too much defensive! Doesn't fit the new philosophy.

5. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Analytics.

6. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Will just watch these guys instead. They're excellent shooters.

[​IMG]

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wonder how many games Gordon will play next year.

8. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

But we have a plethora of shooters.

9. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

This is a good signing I don't get why some are upset.

If he can stay healthy (big if I know) he will be really really good playing off james harden. He had an elite shooting season two years ago when he played most of his minutes with tyreek Evans and I think we can all agree that Evans is not even half the player Harden is.

We've needed players like Anderson and Gordon around harden for a while the offense is going to be top 3 easy. Now defensively we def need bev/Ariza/Capela and the rest of the hustle players to step up. Harden needs to bring it also and he actually does have the ability to do so but he needs to focus on it same with Beasley.

But offensively a lineup of Gordon/harden/beastly/Anderson/dmo(if back) is going to be really good and extremely efficient these guys are actually going to know what to do with all the room harden is going to lave them with when they catch one of his passes. No more watching bev and Ariza running around looking stupid chucking up a fade away mid range jumper.

10. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

And a virtual cornucopia of mediocrity.

11. Exiled

Exiled Member

Now that's Houston stripped NO from their O.weapons , time to go after Utah.
    This how we secure the undisputed: 8th seed

12. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I like it. He's a ballplayer.

He has All-Star level talent. Granted, his athleticism and explosiveness isn't what it used to be, but his skill level is VERY high. Can spot up, pull up, attack, create shots for others and get to the line.

If he's on the court he's going to produce. Yes, he's injury prone, but I'm willing to roll the dice on this. The contract isn't overly pricey and the Rockets DESPERATELY need a secondary playmaker. Well done.

13. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

risky as fk but not bad. if the ryan deal was likethis, maybe a little more, i'd be fine with it.
    i dunno if they plan on using him as a pg, but i wanted beal to be the pg here. gordon is like poor mans version of beal.
    with harden u dont really need an elite pg, just someone to share the ball handling and playmaking work. both of them can do that.

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Gordon, Anderson. Is Tyreke next?

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'm good with this deal.

Pg is still shaky as hell. I would like more muscle at bigs, if only to put hair on Capellas chest during workouts

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Need to trade for Nerlens Noel or Aaron Gordon now.

17. opticon

opticon Member

Eric has a good enough handle to run at least 15 minutes a night at the point with or with out harden on the floor.

18. hvic

hvic Member

Excited to see the new team in action. What's going on with dmo

19. JD88

JD88 Member

Nerlens would be HUGE.

Harden
    Gordon
    Ariza
    Anderson
    Nerlens

Why not? Bring Bev, Beasley, Capela off the bench. Go get another scorer and I think we can roll with that.

20. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Some perspective....

His game and production is very similar to Bradley Beal's and we're essentially getting that at half of the price Washington is paying for it.

1 person likes this.