1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ryan Anderson signs with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DustinS, Jul 2, 2016.

?

Do you like the 4-year, $80M signing by the Rockets of Ryan Anderson?

1. YES

350 vote(s)
    54.6%
  2. NO

291 vote(s)
    45.4%
  1. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Good signing.

Told you the BIRDS were coming..Love yall

2. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Than do a 2 yr deal with Anderson for insane money; not a 4yr deal that can hurt our future.

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Are you counting the games Dwight gave half-interested effort because he wasn't getting enough shots?

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

If Morey thought Rockets defense was a shyte storm then buckle up your chin strap and tie on the vomit bags with Brittle An_erson on board.

5. OTMax

OTMax Member

Ah the Pelican flies! :cool:Be cool man.

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

he's not an elite shooter. he's very oft-injured. his D leaves a lot to be desired. he costs $80M. how is this good??

7. spark06

spark06 Member

If you think defense is going to be what we are looking for out of our players, you are sadly mistaken. This organization is not looking to have a defensive identity. Tune in to the Magic's broadcast if that's what you're looking for next season. Filling a roster up with defensive players when your coach is Mike Dantoni is just laughable. This team will win (enough games to be in the lottery) by offense. if your argument is that we should be a defensive team....lol then I can laugh a little harder considering our best player is James Harden. As long as we have an offensive mindset, we should bring in offensive players. Asking Dantoni to turn water into wine is a joke.

8. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

Was he is bench player?

9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Cod, love you man, but Anderson is not enough

10. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

You do know we hired a coach that doesn't care much for defense correct?

And lets leave Jones out of it. He's not a Rocket anymore.

11. Houston09

Houston09 Member

Codman can you give us another riddle? Please

12. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Appreciate the info COD! Hope you're felling well.

I hope Morey also has a plan other than Ryno and Gordon because that's a terrible off season

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Just an example of pathetic defensive PF's, don't get upset.

I get that we hired D'Antoni and this is why I was VERY against that move. The talk was about how he was going to actually care about defense this time because he saw the error of his ways.....and so we go into a death spiral.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Team is not concerned about defense. If they were, they don't hire Mike D'Antoni.

Stop fighting it guys.

Enjoy the next 2-4 years of "entertaining, high paced, lots of 3-pointers, lots of points, little defense" basketball. This is what Leslie wants.

15. Eric00009

Eric00009 Member

Shut up

16. spark06

spark06 Member

His D leaves a lot to be desired? Lol. Yeah so does about 90% of players in the league and just about ever single player on our roster so your not saying much. You want a team full of defensive players who can't make a shot for James Harden to kick it out to on the drive? This team is not going to win by defense and that's just the sad reality of the situation. We already have an offensive genius in Dantoni so why you would want to head in a defensive direction with James Harden at the lead of attack is nonsensical. I believe defense wins championships, but asking the Rockets to completely change philosophy with our BEST player nearing the end of his contract is a joke.

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

Codman tell me that we have a shot in a trade for a young interesting player like Aaron Gordon, Okafor...i need this :(

18. delta69er

delta69er Member

So we finally sign that stretch four we needed. But after Dwight leaves. Lol

19. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I personally dislike this signing due to the numbers, but the market is what it is. I can see where the Rockets are going with this however. My question still is, "What now?" Are we just done as D-Mo or are we hoping he doesn't get the offers some of his ardent fans are hoping for from other teams? Are we still looking for PG help and if so, who is still out there that we actually want or can realistically get? Worst case scenario, at least we have a stretch 4 now.

20. Vivi

Vivi Member

I know this is what we're goin through but at the same time i just cannot believe this.