1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Al Horford meeting with Rockets on Friday

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketpower2, Jun 30, 2016.

1. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

welcome to the era where average NBA players get paid 10M/year

2. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Actually my friend,a step above scrub gets paid $10M/year. Average players get paid close to $20. Witness the Evan Fournier contract.

Ludricrous.

3. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Would not be surprised if Al thinks John Wall + Brad Beal in the east is a more enticing situation than ours.

4. sabesque

sabesque Member

What if Horford is waiting to hear about the KD meeting before officially ruling out Boston?

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

It is.

6. sabesque

sabesque Member

Come on........ The only reason why people didn't make a bigger deal about their fall off last season is because they don't have the burden of high expectations

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I'm starting to get that "ship has sailed" feeling.

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Same here :(

9. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

He gone. Maybe we can get Milsap though.

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

Suns will get him eventually.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I really don't get the sudden spark of negativity around here (Actually, I do...) but nothing has happened yet.

A few guys resigned with their teams and Parsons went to the Grizzlies...okay...Horford is thinking on his decision. Get away from the ledge.

12. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

We will be a lottery team next year.

13. King901

King901 Member

They want results, then want to piss and cry when something is about to happen that they don't like, then piss and cry when it doesn't happen.

14. Winston Malveaux

in my view, AL HORFORD has had a large amount of time to ponder all intangibles regarding just where he intends to play and just for what amount. i think that this player is just waiting to see if the ATL is going to be able to acquire a trade that shall enable them to be able to afford his next salary.

HORFORD, you are not fooling anyone here. everyone plays the leverage game with houston. should you have wanted to play along side HARDEN, then you would have signed by now. there is just no real reason to have to wait and ponder this whole weekend.... now is there?

welcome to the NBA SILLY SEASON everyone!

15. Winston Malveaux

$$$ money is the root to all evil.... and then some!

16. The_Pants_Store

Ok..

From what I hear, Horfords camp is keeping things on tight lip. If I was a FA, that's exactly how I would do it. I'm not going to fault a guy who takes his time over one of the biggest decisions of his life. I'd do my due diligence, and make sure I got the best of both worlds in $$$ and teammates. I think Horford is going about this in a smart way - even it it means not our way.

17. mockster

mockster Member

All signs pointing to celtics but I'm hoping we can snag horford or he goes back to ATL and we snag millsap which is also unliklry

18. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, maybe it's all those reports pro Celtics, but i have zero confidence right now.

19. rockets13champs

Bazemore.. On 1st
    Horford... Swing hit to the 2nd basemen and out for the double play
    Ryan anderson hes our final out...

#pleasegethorfordoranderson

20. malakas

malakas Member

I haven't read anything being pro -boston but then again I dont' follow Boston biased journalists. Except Bill Simmons.

Relax. Boston typically overhypes everything. Unless it's someone reliable dont' pay attention to those annoying entitled fans.