1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2016] July 1st Free Agency Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shastarocket, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Will we have to sign Dwight just to hit the salary floor? Everyone is getting crazy money.

2. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

No team can give a contract longer than 4 years unless its to that teams own free agent and they have full Bird Rights on that player.

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

greg smith :grin:

4. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

We don't have to hit the salary floor. If we do that team just pays the difference to the players union. That is far better than signing someone you don't want. And since total salary is not computed until the end of the season its better to maintain cap space in case you need it later in the season then to just sign someone.

5. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Salary floor solution:
    1 year, $20 million for Royce White

Way more entertaining than paying the players' union.

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

maybe llull will finally agree to come over for 20 large lol

7. malakas

malakas Member

I read that Masai is trying to do everything to resign Biyombo.

But with what is going on why should Biyombo who was never paid in his life take on a huge discount? He was projected to take 12-14 per.
    Since Mozgov and Noah have taken that much he should demand at least 18 per not to say full max.

And I think that Bird is not letting Mahinmi leave.

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yep, me too, but i agree, i really don't know why Bismack should take a discount at this point...and btw how many guys Masai should dump to have, let's say, 12 million of space for Bismack? And that is probably still not enough...

9. chandlerbang21

I hope they find a rebounding big because dwight isnt here to crash the boards anymore

10. malakas

malakas Member

basically just dump Ross I think who costs 10.5 per. But could be wrong. Haven't been following that closely.

11. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Just resign Howard at this point. $32 million a year or whatever it takes...

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think they're at basically 85/90 with Derozan cap hold (which is 15) but without Scola and James Johnson. They can also dump Patterson btw, expiring at 6, should be easy.

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

It almost has to unless

A. the Grizz just give him the full max no contest.

B. Conley decides to use a trash team as leverage like the (Mavs/Magic/Bulls/Nets/Bucks/76'ers/Kings)

We are about the only other team Conley can realisticly use as leverage to put pressure on the Grizz for that 5th year. So I expect to hear reports of Conley interested in Rockets, (maybe Magic( or Spurs (even though I don't think they want him because they won't wan to dump Green/Mills/Diaw, or pay Conley the max while they have Parker making fill mill to be a bench player since neither can play SG.

If Grizz can't sign Parsons or some decent player, refuse to give Conley 5th year, I honestly believe he is ours with almost no contest (maybe Magic).

14. Newlin

Newlin Member

Would rather just rebuild with youth, than to sign old guys with bad knees to huge contracts. I'm not afraid of a proper rebuild.

15. Raven

Raven Member

I can accept overpaying. That's just the marketplace at work, but overpaying a guy with health problems could set the Rockets back years.

16. htown1984

htown1984 Member

Bazemore would be a great signing.. I would take him over Anderson for that money... Hes a real good defender and also shoots the 3 at a good rate.
    Runs the floor, would be ideal next to Harden

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Windhorst:

Dwight Howard?

Big day for Atlanta. The Hawks will pitch Dwight Howard today. They're serious. They'd love to pair him with Horford and keep Bazemore & Hoford & add Dwight. They want to sell him on this is where he needs to be. Boston, Portland also interested. Dwight will have to wait for the first round of free agency to pass to see where Durant falls. Hawks may be willing to take his commitment today but he may want to take other meetings.

DeRozan didn't get full max, same with Batum. What does it mean for Horford & Conley, who's hoping for a full 5-year max? Conley will meet with Dallas. Horford has a number of suitors including Boston & OKC, who are trying to pair him up with Durant. Horford has a lot of suitors. We'll see how the Hawks play this.

18. Vivi

Vivi Member

So, Rockets are the only team with a confirmed meeting and not even mentioned? Welp...

19. malakas

malakas Member

I wonder if all the good pgs are gone and Morey is left to search through the trash.
    And by trash I mean Greiviz Trashquez.

20. htown1984

htown1984 Member

this idiot should get fired on the spot.. What an idiot.. you know 100% that Horford is meeting first with the Rockets and you dont even mention them..
    Just plain lazy reporting