1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Kent Bazemore meeting with Rockets as we speak (UPDATE: Signs with Hawks)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketpower2, Jun 30, 2016.

1. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

noooooo

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Free agent Kent Bazemore ended meeting with Rockets and no deal was reached, league sources tell <a href="https://twitter.com/clevelanddotcom">@clevelanddotcom</a>. Will continue process.</p>&mdash; Chris Haynes (@ChrisBHaynes) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/748760191546433537">July 1, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Name the SFs that are too big for Bazemore to defend!

3. malakas

malakas Member

He's not a good defender against most sfs. In contrary 2 and 1s he's a good defender.
    Middleton, Butler, Durant, Lebron, Kawhi, Batum, Crowder, Wiggins, Covington etc

Everytime the sf is bigger Bazemore's defence falls.

4. do work son

do work son Member

Chris Haynes
    ‏@ChrisBHaynes
    Free agent Kent Bazemore ended meeting with Rockets and no deal was reached, league sources tell @clevelanddotcom. Will continue process.

5. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

$20m of Bazemore in year 2 will be equivalent to $13m in 2015-16

Tell me how that is overpaid

6. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Getting him would mean Ariza's days are numbered here no?

7. malakas

malakas Member

just because a deal hasn't been reached doesn't mean he won't sign with us.
    If he were to sing a deal without even speaking to the other 4 teams interested with him that would mean the offer we would have made him would be huge.

So that's good. At least we haven't offered him 20 per.

8. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I'm gonna withhold judgment, but I thought for a minute that Houston was gonna be sneaky smart and get those two Hawks.

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Low balling!

10. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

so weird seeing a cleveland beat reporter break the news of bazemore and the rockets

11. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Ill give Lebron and Kawhi. Maybe Wiggins in a few years. And if we keep Ariza, he'll play a large role in those match ups. Crowder? Covington?

You're out of your freakin mind!

12. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Putting him on ice

13. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Derozan just got $28m/yr

We are paying Harden $17m/yr for the next TWO YEARS

Pull out all the gotdamn stops

14. malakas

malakas Member

lol I'm telling you to go watch film from Atlanta's games when Bazemore wasn't very good in D when guarding big sfs. When instead he had to guard sgs and some sfs he was far better and a very good defender. (Not elite, but very good).
    Do you think I just look up his height and make things up? Nope. :rolleyes:

15. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Lance Thomas is a much cheaper option and also a better player than Bazemore.

16. malakas

malakas Member

*had to guard some pgs.

17. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Come on malakas. He has about a 7ft wingspan and length is much more important than heighth when defending. Not only that he play 79% at the sf for Atlanta who had a very good defense, in part because he's one of the best young defenders.

He is a positive when comparing his on-court: +2.3 to his off-court: -2.8. He's also pretty dang good at rebounding for his position and I really like his 18% defReb. And his dws and dbpm are both very good.

His offense is were he lacks, including turnovers (I know right) but his best stretch was under MDA. But what I like, and I'm sure Morey and MDA, is that he practically shoots only at the rim (%39) and behind the arc (%42).

He's young and you can believe he can continue to improve by the account he improved his career ft% that was around %60 to %80 this past year. Also while he is just about average at 35% from deep, his best shooting season was under MDA at 37% and it was at 4 attempts a game.

I think the money is scary everyone and people are over acting, but I think bazemore is a very solid player and possibly better than ariza currently, the only think he lacks is the veteran prescense ariza brings.

18. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

So ****ing arrogant! Do you think you're the only guy with League Pass?

19. Nook

Nook Member

A deal could possibly be already reached and isn't being leaked until tomorrow. The NBA called teams and agents with meetings set up in advance of midnight and warned that it is a violation of the rules. As a result some teams/agents may be keeping it quiet until tomorrow.

On Bazemore I am fine either way.

20. Rocket_Man_2.0

28 million?!:eek: Are you serious!:mad: He ain't Lebron James...only superstar should make that much money! A lot of teams are going to regret these contracts!:rolleyes: