1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

You might not like it

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HTOWNTAKEOVER, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Honestly, it would not be a terrible idea to trade him while he has peak value and truly go through a rebuilding effort.

I am sure LA would have parted with a lot to get him.

2. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

I'd have to agree. You could get a king's ransom for Harden right now. We could have an exciting up and coming team like the twolves in the next 3 years if we strike now.

If not, then we likely lose Harden for nothing because Morey can't assemble a proper team around him and waste a few more years in mediocrity before we rebuild the painful way.

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

"All we need is an offensive coach and we'll be awesome."

-Les

4. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

I have a feeling he will.

5. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Right, Les Alexander brought in D'Antoni to give him a rebuild project.

They could strike out on every player and Les still wouldn't start a rebuild.

6. MONON

MONON Member

vick, you & Dagger are such pessimists. I'm older than both of y'all & I got 15-20 years of Rockets fandom left! This is gonna be an interesting off season & season.

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's too bad Les doesn't know jack about basketball.

Correction.

It's too bad Les doesn't realize he doesn't know jack about basketball.

8. hooroo

hooroo Member

They already did that and ended up with Harden... So you want them to rebuild for a few years to be in this same situation again :confused:

9. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

you dont rebuild with a prime james harden. you rebuild with a prime corey brewer!

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The fact is that Less does not know he is ruining more than he is helping the team this past one year.

11. HTOWNTAKEOVER

HTOWNTAKEOVER Member

correction. we were on the way to rebuilding until harden can available. back then we actually had assets to get a star. right now we have no assets whatsoever other than harden.

12. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I agree. Let's not cap out to be 4th to 8th seed. Honestly, I have so much faith with Harden that I can see him leading us to the playoffs this year. Yes we will definitely lose in the first round but our image will take a 180 just like two years ago. We looked great throughout the season with nobodies around Harden. Dorsey? Black? We now have Capela.

You know what the difference would be if we added Bazemore for $20 million? Nothing. We would still be a lower seed in the west.

13. Mr. Clutch

"Not with D'Antoni here. He's a REAL coach."

-Les

14. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I get the joke, but really, I think this season will be all about making Rockets ball fun and exciting, and maybe D'antoni is the right coach to do that. Harden led his first rockets team to the playoffs with a mainly mediocre, some slightly above average players. Made them look good and that landed them Howard. We'll do it again next summer.

* Yes I know you will say that team is better, but not that much better. I'm confident Harden can make Capela look as good as Asik, Parsons was only in his second year, we'll add someone to the roster who will fill that role and not at an insane price, and Lin wasn't bad that year but again, we'll add players, just not ones that require ridiculous contracts

15. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

you might not like it, but this thread sucks

16. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

My God there are some garbage posters here

17. Mr. Clutch

Thanks for your contribution.

18. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

If Morey totally strikes out in free agency, I really think Les may let him go sooner than we think. The way the coaching search went down, makes me think he is on a short leash now.

19. Mr. Clutch

What happens if morey and Dantoni disagree on a signing ?

20. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I agree we should punt on free agency. This money being thrown around is insane. We're likely going to have to trade Harden before 2018 anyway. Why commit ourselves to huge contracts for mid-tier talent that won't bring us anywhere close to contending? Time to rebuild, Les and Morey.